Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nofather View Post
    So the big question.

If a werewolf and an arindhal reproduce, do you have a flying werewolf?

I'm stealing this for a depiction of a Lune.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
      Yup, only thing more amazing are sharks really. And second ed is dying for a reiterating of the rokea, not those terrible brine born lol
      A wolf with eagles wings, gills and jaws and sensory organs of a shark added to it. Just give it a pick-up truck and a gun and you have the perfect hunter.

Comment

Loved it. I don't like the fera much, but I like the idea of things similar to the uratha hidden and in small number, specially in different eras of the game.

For instance, when Dark Eras is released I intend to adapt the Aztec Skinchangers scenario and try to build a playable jaguar race similar to the Uratha (using whatever the skinchangers get as a base). Something regional, and that is extinct nowadays. Or I plan to use it if someone else does it.

But seeing this, I have another idea as well. If I get to play Forsaken by Rome, I think this would be a great antagonist/rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Deltree View Post
          Loved it. I don't like the fera much, but I like the idea of things similar to the uratha hidden and in small number, specially in different eras of the game.

For instance, when Dark Eras is released I intend to adapt the Aztec Skinchangers scenario and try to build a playable jaguar race similar to the Uratha (using whatever the skinchangers get as a base). Something regional, and that is extinct nowadays. Or I plan to use it if someone else does it.

But seeing this, I have another idea as well. If I get to play Forsaken by Rome, I think this would be a great antagonist/rival.
          Especially with the symbolism of the Eagle in Antiquity. Furthermore, in the H:tV 1e book "Spirit Slayers", there was a barbarian tribe that was almost exclusively werewolves and their wolf-blooded, and they were antagonists/sometimes-allies of Rome. Perhaps the Eagle symbolism was inspired by heavy-handed influence from secret Wind-Lord elite, who clashed with this tribe and a number of others who were heavily wolf-populated, arguing/sometimes getting in bed with the vampiric Camarilla in order to direct conquesting expansion towards the tribes' many territories....

Comment

The Pure book has an Ivory Claws lodge that dates back to Roman days, if not before, called the Council of Eagles. They were sort of like a self-appointed secret police, punishing werewolves for bad behavior. Perhaps they were originally allies with the Arindhal.

Comment

This is pretty awesome Claire.

Though, hopefully pertinent question: would the Arindhal even carry the risk of Kuruth? The Uratha supposedly inherited the Rage and its power from Urfarah. The terror and indomitable healing of their Killing Form comes from it, among other things, and I don't see a link to a close equivalent in the ancestry of the Wind-Lords.

Perhaps they would be better served by having something different of comparable significance? I don't think the theme of rage as written for Werewolves lends itself to their image based on what you wrote so far or the symbolism and qualities commonly associated with eagles. Granted, it depends on your vision for their themes, so maybe the thought comes prematurely.
              Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 10-21-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Wasn't the Rage part of the curse from Luna?

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Was it? I don't remember anything in the Second Edition core or any of the first edition material I read (which was admittedly sparse) suggesting that.

(But that doesn't particularly make the Rage seem fitting for the Arindhal either.)

Comment

Consider it the Zeal of Helios. You could even change it to "Zeal" if that fits better. The Arindhal in their war-form are not slavering, roaring beasts. They're like the cold light of dawn. They act with such singular focus—the act of killing—that all else ceases to matter. It's like the vision of an eagle but with complete tunnel-vision. Kill. Purge. Prey. Focused as a ray of sunlight, searing like the surface of the sun, bearer of Helios' manifest wrath.

Freelancer • Available for work!

Comment

That works! Though I personally still feel like that differs from the Rage enough in spirit(snerk) that adjusted mechanics for triggering kuruth might be justified. Which... isn't all that helpful as feedback when I have no discrete suggestions on how to do it, I realize.

Comment

Originally posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
                        That works! Though I personally still feel like that differs from the Rage enough in spirit(snerk) that adjusted mechanics for triggering kuruth might be justified. Which... isn't all that helpful as feedback when I have no discrete suggestions on how to do it, I realize.
                        It's still a form of Rage. The Arindhal operate on Tranquil Fury vs. Roaring Rampage of Revenge-style beatdown. Both are forms of anger, and both manifest with some sort of killing instinct.

Comment

I understand the concept, I just think it has potential to be more meaningful if it was taken in a somewhat distinct direction. I still think it does well as is mind, and Zeal is nice fluff for it.

Comment

To make things different than Kuruth, maybe Zeal makes character to strive to engage in making Tilts with every thier attack. With classical "Not in the eyes!" plead of their enemies?

Kuruth makes you attack - Zeal makes you go with the grace. Other ideas - Kun-shulor
                            ( Weresquides )
                            have Hunger Rage to eat brains.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 10-22-2015, 01:15 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                            LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Would it be too detracting to tie in Helios to make them a bit like phoenixes?

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                                Would it be too detracting to tie in Helios to make them a bit like phoenixes?
                                Nope! I love phoenixes (favorite mythical creature) and it'd be pretty dope if a high-level Gift for these guys let them take on phoenix form briefly, or be reborn when killed.

Freelancer • Available for work!

Comment

Working...
                                X