X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sikla Alkis
    replied
    Originally posted by Max Deltree View Post
    Loved it. I don't like the fera much, but I like the idea of things similar to the uratha hidden and in small number, specially in different eras of the game.

For instance, when Dark Eras is released I intend to adapt the Aztec Skinchangers scenario and try to build a playable jaguar race similar to the Uratha (using whatever the skinchangers get as a base). Something regional, and that is extinct nowadays. Or I plan to use it if someone else does it.

But seeing this, I have another idea as well. If I get to play Forsaken by Rome, I think this would be a great antagonist/rival.
    Especially with the symbolism of the Eagle in Antiquity. Furthermore, in the H:tV 1e book "Spirit Slayers", there was a barbarian tribe that was almost exclusively werewolves and their wolf-blooded, and they were antagonists/sometimes-allies of Rome. Perhaps the Eagle symbolism was inspired by heavy-handed influence from secret Wind-Lord elite, who clashed with this tribe and a number of others who were heavily wolf-populated, arguing/sometimes getting in bed with the vampiric Camarilla in order to direct conquesting expansion towards the tribes' many territories....

Leave a comment:

• Max Deltree
    replied
    Loved it. I don't like the fera much, but I like the idea of things similar to the uratha hidden and in small number, specially in different eras of the game.

For instance, when Dark Eras is released I intend to adapt the Aztec Skinchangers scenario and try to build a playable jaguar race similar to the Uratha (using whatever the skinchangers get as a base). Something regional, and that is extinct nowadays. Or I plan to use it if someone else does it.

But seeing this, I have another idea as well. If I get to play Forsaken by Rome, I think this would be a great antagonist/rival.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by Korogra View Post
    Yup, only thing more amazing are sharks really. And second ed is dying for a reiterating of the rokea, not those terrible brine born lol
    A wolf with eagles wings, gills and jaws and sensory organs of a shark added to it. Just give it a pick-up truck and a gun and you have the perfect hunter.

Leave a comment:

• Ephsy
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    So the big question.

If a werewolf and an arindhal reproduce, do you have a flying werewolf?

I'm stealing this for a depiction of a Lune.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post

Indeed. They are apex predators and as far as "power animals" go, I think they've got as much going as wolves do generally. They're often considered noble, proud, fierce, savage but in a lofty way. They're really amazing.
    Yup, only thing more amazing are sharks really. And second ed is dying for a reiterating of the rokea, not those terrible brine born lol

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    So the big question.

I would play that shit in a hot minute

Leave a comment:

• Claire Redfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Korogra View Post
    Eagles are incredibly agressive if provoked, I personally have seen a golden eagle disembowel a deer with little difficulty, and deer are horrifying.
    Indeed. They are apex predators and as far as "power animals" go, I think they've got as much going as wolves do generally. They're often considered noble, proud, fierce, savage but in a lofty way. They're really amazing.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    So the big question.

Last edited by nofather; 10-20-2015, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sikla Alkis
    replied
    To put it in perspective: in Mongolia, eagles are used to hunt everything from wolves to small deer, as Korogra said.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

I'm not sure they should. Wolves are much more "brutal" species, "licking" their wounds.
    Eagles are incredibly agressive if provoked, I personally have seen a golden eagle disembowel a deer with little difficulty, and deer are horrifying.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Redfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Looker View Post
    Flying in warform is a bad idea. Flying basically means that if you don't want to be hit by close combat attack their is nothing the enemy can do about it. That's why flying is usually limited to small birds and the like.
    In war form, you still have to move toward an opponent and whatnot. So you can't just fly away all the time; you're still lost to berserker rage.

Leave a comment:

• Looker
    replied
    Flying in warform is a bad idea. Flying basically means that if you don't want to be hit by close combat attack their is nothing the enemy can do about it. That's why flying is usually limited to small birds and the like.
    Last edited by Looker; 10-09-2015, 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Claire Redfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    Hmm, I presume you've taken a look at the Distant Ones in War Against The Pure? I can't remember how much of this sort of ground they cover already (and they need updating to 2e anyway).
    I read them once, but I never owned WaTP so I don't remember all of what they did. I didn't think they covered the full spectrum that I'd want the Arindhal to cover, though, offering the general amount of options that the Uratha do. Just as a fun little idea to play a wereraptor but without losing all the cool stuff from the werewolves.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Hmm, I presume you've taken a look at the Distant Ones in War Against The Pure? I can't remember how much of this sort of ground they cover already (and they need updating to 2e anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Claire Redfield
    replied
    Yeah, the auspice names need some changin', but the ones there just work so well, it makes it tough.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    I like your idea of wereegeals - I understand there are "enemy cousins" to Uratha, many times crossing the ways with wolves on the same prey, yes?

I do not like that Arindhal call themselves also "A People" - like Uratha and them meeting and they both call themselves "People". Who is then "People", in reality? Maybe other noun about mass congregation?
    They both are, really. The Arindhal are conceptually oriented toward settings where the Storyteller is okay with multiple werebeasts with spirit ties (and Harmony) exist. Not unlike a spiritual successor to the Fera. In which case, "the People" are all of those creatures who hunt the mortal and spirit worlds, wield spirit magic, and so on. In this case, Arindhal and Uratha probably are ambivalent about one another for the most part. Maybe they work together sometimes. Their territories wouldn't often overlap, and even where they did, their methods of hunting are vastly different, so they're not in direct competition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X