• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post
    Forms and Regeneration
    Arindhal regenerate as do Uratha.
    I'm not sure they should. Wolves are much more "brutal" species, "licking" their wounds easier.

They share many of the same basic functions, even if their outlooks, chosen prey, and hunting grounds differ.
    Harmony works the same for Arindhals? Or are there some diffrences?

Hishu: Same as Uratha, but gain +2 to sight-based perception rolls instead of +1. All wereeagles have notably piercing eyes as a feature in human form.
    So they generaly get +1 on Perception, but +2 if using their sight? If yes, I can see this from eagles shifters.

Irien: The wereeagle becomes taller, leaner, and feathers appear in her hair. She can attack with teeth and claws for lethal damage, functioning as does Dalu with the following changes. Dexterity +1, Stamina +1, Size +1 (Health +2, Speed +1). "Badass Motherfucker" becomes "Piercing Gaze."
    So far no pentalty or minus in Near-Human form and Hishu is slighlty better than Uratha - so for now, a small advantage over werewolves in stats.

Also, teeth should not become somehow "beak-like", with non-distinguished pauses and holes in them. "One full tooth in the mouth"?

Sakan: This form burns with the Sun's fury untempered. The Arindhal becomes a large bipedal bird with wings possessing clawed hands, fully capable of flight or rather ungainly ground movement. As Gauru, with the following changes. Strength +2, Dexterity +2, Stamina +2, Size +1 (Health +3, Initiative +2, Speed +4). Beak does +1 damage and doesn't need a grapple; talons do +2 damage and can establish grapples. Increase Initiative by +3 when using either. +3 to perception rolls, or +4 if sight-based. Sakan-form wereeagles can fly at their normal Speed, but suffer a -1 to any aerial acrobatics rolls.
    Once again, sum on general looks like the Uratha like, but have a slight advantage on sight. Can even if wereeagles does not have Defence vs. Firearms Gauru trait.

Gwaihiru: The form of a giant eagle, with a wingspan roughly twice Hishu form's height. This form is far more powerfully built than even the legendary extinct Haast's eagle, unchallenged in the skies. Strength +1, Dexterity +1, Stamina +2 (Health +2, Initiative +1, Speed +2). May fly at normal Speed. +3 to perception rolls or +4 if sight-based.
    Only +4 in compering to Urshul +5 sum. But still a sight perception bonus in here.

Dhalsar: The form of a large modern eagle. Strength -1, Dexterity +2, Stamina +1, Size -1 (Initiative +2, Speed +7 [species factor 6]). May fly at normal Speed. +3 to perception rolls, or +5 if sight-based.
    The same base as sum as Urhan. But still Perception bonus.

As Perception bonus is logical for those shapeshifters, I would advise to do two things -
    OR give them in all forms slight Manipulation penalty.
    OR maybe a Initiative penalty.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Okay, wereeagles need to be canon. Who's with me?

I assume all of the "bullet dodging" forms remain so, yes?

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    I like your idea of wereegeals - I understand there are "enemy cousins" to Uratha, many times crossing the ways with wolves on the same prey, yes?

I do not like that Arindhal call themselves also "A People" - like Uratha and them meeting and they both call themselves "People". Who is then "People", in reality? Maybe other noun about mass congregation?

and startlingly similar to Exalted Solar castes, I know, but think more "Mokolé," less "Exalted"
    I do not know cWoD - what have "Mokolé" in contrast to "Exalted" casts? As I see almost 1:1 Exalted Castes translation...

Also, I assume Auspices are taken after First Change is in particular time of day, yes?

The Arindhal have their tribes, though they have no Firstborn to serve. Rather, each tribe venerates a spirit related to the Sun or Earth.
    This is a large departure from the Father Wolf and it's Firstborn model. Espcially as Helios is known as rather more static spirit diety than Luna and even Wolf - Helios is to be strict, not open to lesser parts of his "not family".

Each tribe also tends to favor different breeds of eagles, though this is only a general trend and by no means a hard limit to character concepts.
    This is also the big deviation from the Uratha model, also illogical to me. Tribes, if they work mostly the same for wereeagles like for werewolves, should let particular race member to change his "patron" - so one character, on his life, could be Sun Bearer, Glass Wing and Serpent Gazers, on various times in his life. If you connect them with particular eagles kinds, they cannot - as they shapechanging beast forms should not change just from their now now "philosophical" associations. I much rather see connecting various kinds of eagles to "inborn" Auspices, like Helios marking their fathers in First Change.

As we are in topic of Tribes - they do not have Sacred Prey of thiers? Arindhal do not have Siskur-Dah ritual? They do not have Totems Ban?

Basic Tribes are ideas are okay - variants of Uratha ones, really - but those would need more fleshing out...

Sun Bearers (Udhakur) must burn hotter and shine brighter than all other of Sun's creatures, for they alone truly bear his mark. Many are white-tailed eagles, but many possess unusually golden or yellow streaks in their tail feathers, and most often they adorn themselves with artifacts that glint in the sun. Their tribal totem is Firebird, an avatar of Helios' eternal glory. Tribal Renown: Honor.
    What do they do, beside looking majestically? What is their role in wereeagles society?

Stats changes I will talk later...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X