Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephsy
    replied
    That Spirit Envoy one is underwhelming, given other three core tells allows that plus a proper boon, nevermind the steep drawback.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Solana View Post
    I figure I might toss in a Custom Tell I came up with, see what everyone thinks.

Loose Grip
    This one's rather interesting. And I can definitely see this as a blessing in disguise whenever said Breaking Point involves a supernatural attack. How about adding in the option of suppressing the shift to Twilight with a Willpower point?

Anyway, here's another from me. A reimagining of this Merit into an actual Tell.

-=-

Spirit Envoy
    With dreams haunted by strange visions and nightmarish imagery, the Wolf-Blooded sometimes fails to get a good night's rest. When that happens, he becomes more vulnerable to spiritual influence even in his waking moments. Whenever he sleeps for the first time under a given moon phase, the character rolls Resolve + Composure. On a Failure, he suffers from the Open Condition keyed to all spirits until the next phase. On a Dramatic Failure, he also suffers from the Soul Shocked Condition.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded is deeply attuned to the occult symbols of the Shadow, and can learn rituals normally reserved to the Uratha in the pack. He can learn and perform Wolf and Pack Rites as if he were a Werewolf.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 06-27-2016, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Solana
    replied
    I figure I might toss in a Custom Tell I came up with, see what everyone thinks.

Loose Grip
    The Wolf-Blooded's formative years are spent struggling with the material world, they may have difficulty learning to speak, understanding numbers or letters, or have similar problems with anything concrete. As they reach adolescence, this tendency takes a turn for the dangerous.

Boon: If you can call it one, the Wolf-Blooded slides into a state of Twilight whenever they experience a potential Breaking Point, whether or not they succeed in resisting it. This effect lasts for one scene, after which the poor individual fades back into a material state, likely shaken up by the experience.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Two new Tells. One a House-Ruled version of the original Tell in the Pack, another a homebrew.

Primal Instincts <House Rule>
    The Wolf-Blooded’s mind is flooded with the same predatory drives as her Uratha cousins. Even other Wolf-Blooded comment on her fiery temper, and her approach to all aspects of life as if they were a hunt.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded is on the same instinctual ‘wavelength’ as the werewolves in her pack. She gains an effective Primal Urge equal to half her Conviction, rounded down (minimum of 1). Without other Tells, though, she gains no access to other benefits like regeneration. But she may perform Pack Tactics as a primary or secondary actor.

Shadow Charmer
    For some reason, the Wolf-Blooded appears restless and agitated, and is more vulnerable to his own emotions if he hasn't taken the time to center his thoughts. Unless he's done at least one successful meditation in a day, he suffers a -2 penalty to all Composure-related rolls.

Boon: By spending a Willpower point and entering a meditative trance, the Wolf-Blooded can enchant an area up to a radius of 10 yards per dot of Composure with the properties of a Glade for a scene, or until he chooses to end his meditation. If used in an existing Glade, this ability instead increases the penalty to all violent actions by half the Wolf-Blooded's Composure, rounded up.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 06-24-2016, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    What about a Tell that allows them to take a Wolf Gift? Though some don't seem widely applicable, and they'd need an Essence pool or the ability to spend Willpower instead.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

Why would that be the case? Birthmark. No spirit actually teared them open to implant the gift. Unless you're actually allowing them to get further facets, and even then, the dramatic failure penalty is more than enough.
    Well, what I was thinking was modelling it like the birthmark is merely a sign of the favor the Patron had for the character since birth (or acquired later, if the character becomes a Wolf-Blooded later). This would, of course, require all such Tells to be patronized by a Spirit (but since the drawback would factor that in, that's kind of the point). The Spirit obligation would replace the existing drawbacks.

Leave a comment:

• Ephsy
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Well, since Spirits grant Gifts, what about making the Wolf-Blooded beholden to the Spirit that is the Gift(Facet)'s "Patron"? I'm not sure exactly how to represent that mechanically, though. Always Open to said Spirit? Must perform a service once per Story/Chapter? Feed it Essence? Obey it's Ban?
    Why would that be the case? Birthmark. No spirit actually teared them open to implant the gift. Unless you're actually allowing them to get further facets, and even then, the dramatic failure penalty is more than enough.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Shadow's Blessing
    The Wolf-Blooded was born with a birth mark similar to the scars inflicted by spirits when they confer Gifts upon a Werewolf. This is no coincidence. He can actually channel the Essence in such a way that he can invoke one of the powers normally wielded by his Uratha cousins. This power, however, was not meant to be contained by mortal vessels, even those who share the character's descent.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded gains access to a Facet from a single Shadow Gift, albeit in an imperfect form. Facets which require a roll treats any failures as dramatic failures, while those that would normally produce passive effects require a Willpower point to activate. The latter last for the duration of a scene. Either way, every use of the Facet inflicts a point of lethal damage on the character.

-=-

This can probably be another Tell which can grant the Wolf-Blooded an Essence pool. But I'm not sure. Input is appreciated.
    Well, since Spirits grant Gifts, what about making the Wolf-Blooded beholden to the Spirit that is the Gift(Facet)'s "Patron"? I'm not sure exactly how to represent that mechanically, though. Always Open to said Spirit? Must perform a service once per Story/Chapter? Feed it Essence? Obey it's Ban?

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
    I would add to the Cage Tell the possibility of using the imprisoned spirit 's numinas or influences, at the cost of 1 willpower and/or lethal damage.
    What about that as an expanded option granted via a Merit (which has the Tell as a prerequisite)?

Additionally, instead of a constant risk, all-or-nothing for the Cage, what about leveraging Conditions? Like, failing a roll or using their Numina/Influence gives you the [Breaking Free?] Condition keyed to that Spirit, and if you would acquire it again for said Spirit, then it breaks free. This gives you a little bit of leeway.

Another potential use for an Essence Pool might be the ability to augment Attributes like Spirits can (capped at +3, as if the Wolf-Blood were a Rank 1 Spirit).

As to "effective Renown"... Maybe set it as an Attribute? Either just one (Resolve?), or one per Renown Type (Cunning = Manipulation, Wisdom = Intelligence, Glory = Presence, Honor = Wits, Purity = Composure)? Or leave it at 1 as a default, but have a Merit that can increase it (such as a 3 dot Merit that can be taken up to 4 times per Renown Category)?

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Been a while since I last updated this, so let me open up with a new Tell and the promise of compiling all the Tells posted in this thread into a single document. Without further ado...

-+-

Tracker
    To the uragurum, the world is a riot of sounds and colors. He is more sensitive to bright flashes and loid noises, which can easily leave her overwhelmed and helpless. Every time the Wolf-Blooded is exposed to such stimuli, roll her Stamina + Resolve as a dice pool. On a dramatic failure and failure, she respectively gains the Insensate and Stunned Tilts. A success only inflicts the Disoriented Condition.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded can access an Uratha's Wolf and Spirit Senses, gaining their associated benefits until she chooses to dismiss them. Use of either treats all failures in the Stamina + Resolve roll as dramatic failures for as long as they are active.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 03-23-2016, 10:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Locus Drinker
    The Wolf-Blooded is dependent on Essence, and needs to take frequent fixes of it in order to function normally. This means he has to seek out places where the substance builds up and pools together. The truly daring (or suicidal) even attempt to hunt spirits and werewolves to get their fix. The character gains the Addicted Condition for Essence, which advances to the Deprived Condition if he has none.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded can draw Essence from loci, spirits, and werewolves. For loci, this requires a meditation roll. For spirits and werewolves, the Wolf-Blooded must roll Presence + Wits while maintaining physical contact. In a combat situation, this requires making a grapple. Consequentially, devouring Essence from a spirit or werewolf is considered a grappling maneuver.
    I was thinking of revising it so that it's the only Tell with an Essence pool. In that case, the boon could be worded instead as...

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded has an Essence pool equal to his Stamina, and can draw Essence from loci, spirits, and werewolves. For loci, this requires a meditation roll. For spirits and werewolves, the Wolf-Blooded must roll Presence + Wits while maintaining physical contact. In a combat situation, this requires making a grapple. Consequentially, devouring Essence from a spirit or werewolf is considered a grappling maneuver.

On a semi-related note, I was considering a Merit with the Locus Drinker Tell as a prerequisite, and is based off of the Aether Pool Merit from Heirs to Hell.

Essence Reservoir (o to ooooo)
    Prerequisite:
    Locus Drinker Tell, Stamina 5
    Effect: Through prolonged exposure to the very lifeblood of spirits and the Shadow, you are able to hold more Essence within yourself than others who share your 'gift'. For each dot in this Merit, the maximum amount of Essence you can carry is increased by one point.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Being able to use Influences and Numina could work. The former even so if you also have the Shadow Blessing Tell with an Elemental Gift Facet. That leaves the dice roll and the cost, which I think could be Resolve + Composure and 1 Willpower? Maybe it's another way for the Wolf-Blooded's 'tenants' to get out if you fail (or, worse, botch) your attempt at using one of their powers. And I was also thinking of revising the damage dealt by the attempts of the spirit/s to escape:

Exceptional Success - [Highest Rank/2] Bashing (or maybe none at all)
    Success - [Highest Rank] Bashing
    Failure - [Highest Rank] Lethal
    Dramatic Failure - [Highest Rank] Aggravated

And I think I should add that in the event the Wolf-Blooded's Willpower dots are reduced somehow, that would automatically release the lowest-ranking spirit/s inside him.

Also, I think I need some help fine-tuning the details of Shadow's Blessing, specifically how some Facets are expressed if used by the Wolf-Blooded (who don't have any Renown).

One example I got is for the Gift of the Elementals. Consider the character as having an Influence of one dot for the purpose of how much they can affect the element. But they also need to spend a Willpower point in addition to Essence. Catastrophe still works as normal with regards to giving protection against the effects of Uratha also employing the Facet.

Does that seem overpowered to any of you? Or would it work?

Leave a comment:

• Raistlin
    replied
    I would add to the Cage Tell the possibility of using the imprisoned spirit 's numinas or influences, at the cost of 1 willpower and/or lethal damage.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Putting together all the Tells thought up, so far, in this post. With some updates and tweaks, and taking into consideration the revisions suggested in previous posts.

-=-

Cage
    The character is more susceptible to spiritual influence than others. Spirits that encounter him realize that he can easily be Ridden, and even those that normally lack the ability to do so can take him as a host. He can just as easily be a fetter as he can be twisted as one of the Claimed. The Wolf-Blooded suffers from the Open Condition to all spirits; any spirit can target him with the Fetter, Possession, and Claim manifestation, even if they do not have it. Additionally, spirits that possess the Manifestation gain a bonus equal to their Rank.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded is not as vulnerable as most spirits would think. Any that see him as an Easy Ride might find themselves in a trap instead. A spirit attempting to Fetter, Possess, or Claim the character must score successes equal to the Wolf-Blooded's Willpower in a roll. If they fail to do so, they are drawn into their would-be victim's body and subsequently trapped. The character can consciously tap this power; if he spends a Willpower point after making a successful abjuration roll, the spirit can be imprisoned within him instead.

A Wolf-Blooded with the Cage Tell can act as a container for a number of spirits whose total Rank adds up to his Willpower dots or less. He also gains the Ban Condition related to the highest ranking Spirit trapped within him. If he ever violates this Ban, suffers a breaking point, or experiences an emotionally charged event, he must roll his Willpower at a penalty equal to the Rank of the most powerful spirit imprisoned. Failure means all the spirits he has inside him break free. A dramatic failure inflicts the Madness or Insensate Tilt. The character also takes damage equal to the Rank of the strongest spirit he contained. Severity is determined by the result of the roll: bashing for exceptional success, lethal for success, and aggravated for failure and dramatic failure.

Locus Drinker*
    The Wolf-Blooded is dependent on Essence, and needs to take frequent fixes of it in order to function normally. This means he has to seek out places where the substance builds up and pools together. The truly daring (or suicidal) even attempt to hunt spirits and werewolves to get their fix. The character gains the Addicted Condition for Essence, which advances to the Deprived Condition if he has none.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded can draw Essence from loci, spirits, and werewolves. For loci, this requires a meditation roll. For spirits and werewolves, the Wolf-Blooded must roll Presence + Wits while maintaining physical contact. In a combat situation, this requires making a grapple. Consequentially, devouring Essence from a spirit or werewolf is considered a grappling maneuver.

Pathfinder
    The Wolf-Blooded can walk through the barrier between the Worlds of Spirit and Flesh, at will. If he wishes, he can also bring others with him as he slips through the Gauntlet to travel between either realm. This power is deeply flawed, however. Every time he tries to slip through the Gauntlet, the spiritual backlash it causes is strong enough to alert nearby spirits within a certain radius. This almost always leads to the Wolf-Blooded's discovery.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded is capable of Reaching like a spirit with a successful Resolve + Composure roll. Unless he is within the vicinity of a locus, he must spend a Willpower point and suffer a penalty equal to the immediate area's Gauntlet strength. If he wishes to bring others with him, he also suffers targeting penalties proportional to the number of people he includes in his Reaching. Regardless of the roll's results, all spirits within a radius of 15 yards are alerted of his attempt. If performed at a locus, this distance is doubled by its dot rating.

Predator's Bearing
    The Wolf-Blooded has a tendency to look at people as if they were prey animals. Her body language is domineering, and in conversation, her eyes focus on the throat or another weak spot. This doesn't help with making friends and influencing people, and will likely make her the first person in people's heads whenever they hear of a violent crime in the area. Whenever she attempts to conduct Social Maneuvering, the Wolf-Blooded's first impression is one step lower than it should be.

Boon: People want to get out of her presence, and while that can be annoying to the Wolf-Blooded, it can also be very useful for getting things done quickly. Any Hard Leverage used in a Social Maneuver doubles the number of Doors removed. Furthermore, if he spends a Willpower point during a Presence + Intimidation roll, she may forego the +3 bonus for a chance to inflict a Lunacy Condition. The Condition lasts for a scene on a success, and a day on an exceptional success, unless its resolved sooner.

Shadow's Blessing*
    The Wolf-Blooded was born with a birth mark similar to the scars inflicted by spirits when they confer Gifts upon a Werewolf. This is no coincidence. He can actually channel the Essence in such a way that he can invoke one of the powers normally wielded by his Uratha cousins. This power, however, was not meant to be contained by mortal vessels, even those who share the character's descent.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded gains access to a Facet from a single Shadow Gift, albeit in an imperfect form. Facets which require a roll treats any failures as dramatic failures, while those that would normally produce passive effects require a Willpower point to activate. The latter last for the duration of a scene. Either way, every use of the Facet inflicts a point of lethal damage on the character.

Spirit Magnet [by The young man in the cafe]
    The Wolf-Blooded is a source of resonance that is pleasing to all spirits, regardless of Influences. As a result, spirits like to be around him, but their activities tend to drive away those who aren't supernaturally aware. Add two Doors to any mortal character that the Wolf-Blooded is trying to use Social Maneuvering on due to the weird happenings around them.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded enjoys a First Impression one higher when engaged in Social Maneuvering with spirits

Wellspring*
    The Wolf-Blooded is a rich font of Essence. This makes her attractive to both spirits and Uratha, whose interests more often than not prove detrimental to her well-being. That her connection to the Shadow risks pulling her through the Gauntlet only complicates her life further. The character suffers from the Reception Condition (Werewolf: Second Edition, p. 310) as a persistent effect.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded has an instinctive understanding on Essence flows, allowing her to track down other sources of that ephemeral energy. She can sense any loci within ten miles of her location, and a reflexive Wits + Composure roll allows her to read its emotional resonance.

-=-

* - The Tell also grants the Wolf-Blooded an Essence pool equal to his Stamina.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 10-29-2015, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    This was inspired by the Easy Ride Merit, but it's more akin to the 1E Gift, Cage the Rider.

-=-

Cage
    The character is more susceptible to spiritual influence than others. Spirits that encounter him realize that he can easily be Ridden, and even those that normally lack the ability to do so can take him as a host. He can just as easily be a fetter as he can be twisted as one of the Claimed. The Wolf-Blooded suffers from the Open Condition to all spirits; any spirit can target him with the Fetter, Possession, and Claim manifestation, even if they do not have it. Additionally, spirits that possess the Manifestation gain a bonus equal to their Rank.

Boon: The Wolf-Blooded is not as vulnerable as most spirits would think. Any that see him as an Easy Ride might find themselves in a trap instead. A spirit attempting to Fetter, Possess, or Claim the character must score successes equal to the Wolf-Blooded's Willpower in a roll. If they fail to do so, they are drawn into their would-be victim's body and subsequently trapped. The character can consciously tap this power; if he spends a Willpower point after making a successful abjuration roll, the spirit can be imprisoned within him instead.

A Wolf-Blooded with the Cage Tell can act as a container for a number of spirits whose total Rank adds up to his Willpower dots or less. He also gains the Ban Condition related to the highest ranking Spirit trapped within him. If he ever violates this Ban, suffers a breaking point, or experiences an emotionally charged event, he must roll his Willpower at a penalty equal to the Rank of the most powerful spirit imprisoned. Failure means all the spirits he has inside him break free. A dramatic failure inflicts the Madness or Insensate Tilt. The character also takes damage equal to the Rank of the strongest spirit he contained. Severity is determined by the result of the roll: bashing for exceptional success, lethal for success, and aggravated for failure and dramatic failure.

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ephsy View Post
    If you make it be equal to the character's Stamina, you just make lines under the dots of Stamina in the sheet. Like Ghouls. And I'd make the bleed be each 24 hours, and the need to get a fix only happening when he's depleted of it.
    So, a Wolf-Blooded with the Locus Drinker Tell really would have to make routine searches for Essence. And if he quickly burns through it if he has a small pool or otherwise spends it on a variety of things, his Addiction quickly turns into Deprived. Heh, that works.

Moving on to other concepts of Tells, I'm trying to think of a good drawback for a Wolf-Blooded whose Tell actually grants him a Facet in a single Shadow Gift. Unless it's a bad idea? So far, we got a Tell which grants access to a Hunter's Aspect, a number which enable shapeshifting, and there's the Tell that grants regeneration as if you're a Werewolf with PU1. Hence, why not give them access to Gifts? Read below...

-=-

Shadow's Blessing

-=-

This can probably be another Tell which can grant the Wolf-Blooded an Essence pool. But I'm not sure. Input is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X