Homebrew Wolf-Blooded Tells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZealousChristian24 View Post
    I actually had the same thought a few days ago. Personally I've been thinking of calling it "Duskwalker", but I'm not sure if there's a better name.
    Why not just call it Spirit Walker?

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Here's a few more I'm working on:

Born of [Element]
      [Drawback element dependent, bane to “opposing” element, general “make a bane”, or other?]
      Benefit: [You can’t be harmed by you element - fire doesn’t burn you, you can’t drown, get crushed by stone, moved unwillingly by wind, etc.]

[Augment? Needs Name]
      [Needs drawback]
      Benefit: [Can boost a spirit’s effective Influence by up to their lower of Resolve or Composure]
      [Make this a Medium merit?]

Floodgate [Name?]
      “Random” Numina manifest and affect those nearby, once per day.
      Benefit: For 1 Willpower, you can channel and direct a Numen towards your own ends.

Omens
      Visions haunt you. Omen Sensitivity downside all the time? When you can see the stars? [Stellar focus]
      Benefit: You get Omen Trance and/or Omen Sensitivity when you can see the stars.

Day[something]
      You are extremely fatigued between Dusk and Dawn. [Condition? General penalty? To Willpower usage?]
      Benefit: You gain [a bonus] between Dawn and Dusk.

Photosynthetic
      [Needs drawback. maybe sleepy without direct sunlight?]
      Benefit: You heal much quicker in sunlight. [low grade Regeneration, or 2x Quick Healing?]

[Plaguebearer?]
      You are sick and or spread illness. Also, rats seem to gravitate towards you.
      Benefit: You can spend willpower to lower the Gauntlet by [Presence? Lower of Resolve/Composure?]. Also, you gain a +2 to Animal Handling rolls with rats. [Option for Bonded Condition on a rat or rat swarm?]

[Spinner’s Son/Daughter?]
      -2 to Empathy rolls. Also, spiders seems to love nesting where you stay.
      Benefit: You can spend Willpower to strengthen the Gauntlet by [Presence? Lower of Resolve/Composure?]. Also, you gain a +2 to Animal handling rolls with spiders. [Option for Bonded Condition on a spider swarm?]

[Previous two are supposed to represent some descended from or touched by the Hosts]
      Last edited by Vent0; 08-10-2016, 04:47 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Longevity
        Your natural life expectancy is doubled.
        Drawback: "The candle that lasts twice as long, burns half as bright", you have a harder time making an impact on the world than you might otherwise have had. All Social, Mental, & Physical rolls take a one die impact.

Spirit Animal
        Your soul is an animal with which you share a psychic connection. The animal must be selected upon getting this Tell & ages as you do, it is only effected by the ravages of time as much as you are.
        Drawback: if the animal dies, so do you. And vice versa.

Comment

The drawback of Longevity could be altered. I think it might work better with a focus on either Physical, Social, Mental, Power, Finesse, or Resistance. This focus does not have to be consistent & could vary from wolf-blooded to wolf-blooded.
          The major flaw I believe with Spirit Animal is the idea of the it being as affected by the ravages of time as you are. The point I was trying to get across there was that the animal is running on your life expectancy, not the life expectancy of whatever animal it is. I am most in favour of the nature of the animal being restricted to ones that can normally be found as pets (cats, dogs, parrots, etc.) or in urban areas (rats, pigeons, raccoons, foxes, etc.), but feel like that kind of ruling is one that you can do yourself.

Comment

Calm the Rage
            Your presence calms kuruth. You can cause those with it to come out of their murder frenzies.
            Drawback: That rage can't just disappear, & most often will enter you. When it doesn't enter you, it gets passed around to random nearby people.
            Alternative Drawback: Something about you causes uratha to get addicted to the feeling of you bringing them out of kuruth.
            ● This Tell is my attempt at coming up with a Tell that can calm Uratha down, bringing them out of kuruth. I confess, I am less than happy with the end result but cannot see a way to fix it.

Dreams of Bliss & Horror
            You are narcoleptic & experience strange, sometimes confusing dreams whilst asleep.
            Boon: Whilst sleeping your soul goes on a "walkabout" through astral space. Here you can enter the dreamscapes of other people, influencing them & learning stuff.

Gibbous Visions
            You experience the visions of the Gibbous Moon Auspice.
            Drawback: These visions are not as peaceful as the ones the Gibbous Moon experience, they do not come in dreams whilst sleeping. These visions come violently rushing whilst the wolf-blooded is awake, causing seizures.
            ● Wolf-blooded with this Tell often have the Gibbous Moon's Birth, at least according to stories. They also have a higher chance of going through the First Change under the Gibbous Moon than any other Auspice.

Imitate the Tell
            You can study the Tell of another wolf-blooded & imitate it.
            Drawback: You can only imitate one Tell at a time. Your imitation is never as strong as the original, it is after an imitation. You have a reputation for being flighty.

Rabbit Run
            You panic & do your best (in a seriously uncontrolled way) to get out of trouble that you find yourself in. This is not automatic, you first have to fail a willpower(?) roll. If you succeed the roll, you do not fall into the panicked madness.
            Boon: You are extra good at picking up on imminent danger.
            ● This is based on, arguably, a variant of Death Rage that I read about in the sourcebook Changing Breeds. I got the name for it from there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Krat05 View Post
              Calm the Rage
              Your presence calms kuruth. You can cause those with it to come out of their murder frenzies.
              Drawback: That rage can't just disappear, & most often will enter you. When it doesn't enter you, it gets passed around to random nearby people.
              Alternative Drawback: Something about you causes uratha to get addicted to the feeling of you bringing them out of kuruth.
              ● This Tell is my attempt at coming up with a Tell that can calm Uratha down, bringing them out of kuruth. I confess, I am less than happy with the end result but cannot see a way to fix it.
              I'm not fond of Tells that are more powerful than a Uratha's Auspice ability.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

I'm not fond of Tells that are more powerful than a Uratha's Auspice ability.
                Well I did say I was less than fond of how it turned out.

Comment

Maeljin Sight
                  You have been attacked by the servants of the Maeljin in the past, wounding you in such a way that you can now perceive the Maeljin's taint upon the world, identifying their servants. This is a very rare Tell & should have unusual circumstances surrounding its appearance.
                  Drawback: Just as can perceive the Maeljin's servants, so they can perceive you. Expect to live your life always looking over your shoulder as Bale Hounds & maeltinet try to end your life.

Wounded Markings
                  There a light marks upon you that reference a Maeljin by name. The way they are written indicates that you are not necessarily a servant of the Maeljin, but first one must read the markings in full.
                  Boon: You have a single power of the Corrupted level of Bale Hounds, which you can use however you want.

Comment

Moon's Branding
                    You are constantly pestered by the lunes of a specific Auspice to help them in stuff.
                    Boon: You get one Facet of the appropriate list of Moon Gifts.

Comment

In an earlier post I put up a Tell called Calm the Rage. I was less than found of how it turned out, but could not find a way to fix it. I have now developed a fixed version of the Tell.

Calm the Rage
                      Boon: The Wolf-Blooded gives off a mystical scent which can aid Uratha in coming out of kuruth. Any Uratha that smells this scent gains a +1 bonus to coming out of kuruth.
                      Drawback: The scent is rather intoxicating & can be addictive. Every time an Uratha successfully pulls themselves out of kuruth whilst smelling this scent, they have a chance to become addicted to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X