No announcement yet.

Werewolf Gifts - 2e Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my conversion of Disease. Took a look at the 1E Fever Gift for inspiration on some of the Facets. Again, critique is appreciated.
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...715#post750715

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Moving away from the Pure Gifts, now, to try my hand at converting 1E Auspice Gifts into 2E Moon Gifts. My first attempt will be on converting the Stalker's Moon Gifts. Any suggestions and ideas will be welcome. Right now, I am debating what to put in place of See Heat (the two-dot power) and Liar's Brand (the three-dot power). The former is already covered by the Gift of Hunting's Wisdom Facet, and the latter doesn't seem to fit well with the 2E rules. There's also the matter of making the three-dot power be something tied to the Siskur-Dah Condition, according to the guide for designing/converting Moon Gifts.

I also have an alternative name suggested for the converted Stalker's Moon: "Gift of the Shadow Moon". Do I go with that or stick with the original name?

Gift of the Stalker's Moon
      Soundless Strike (o)
      Cost: 1 Essence
      Dice Pool: Dexterity + Stealth + Cunning
      Action: Reflexive

Using this Facet, the Irraka can strike in a single moment of blessed silence. Claws tear through flesh without a sound, a victim's mouth strains to form a scream that will not come. Though the moment of silence is fleeting, a cunning Irraka can turn it into a great opportunity. This Gift must be invoked during the Irraka's turn.

Dramatic Failure: The Gift fails, and the Irraka is rattled by its failure. The Irraka suffers a -1 penalty to the action in question.

Failure: The Gift has no effect.

Success: The Irraka's attack happens in complete silence. If he tears the leg off a victim, the victim's scream is without sound. If he fires a gun at point-blank range, the report is inaudible.

Exceptional Success: If the Irraka's target survives, her next turn is also spent in complete silence, preventing her from crying for help.

-=-

(oo)

-=-

(ooo)

-=-

Stolen Scent (oooo)
      Dice Pool: Manipulation + Survival + Cunning
      Action: Instant

It's one thing to leave no scent. It's quite another to leave a misleading one. The Irraka with this Facet can alter his scent however he likes, even going so far as leaving the scent of a rival at the scene of a murder. Given how many werewolves trust their noses before their eyes, this is no small thing.

Dramatic Failure: The Irraka only enhances his own scent, smelling more pungent than usual for the duration of the scene.

Failure: The Gift fails to work.

Success: The Irraka leaves the scent of the target of his choice behind wherever he walks. He may duplicate any scent he is familiar with (that is to say, any scent he's reliably observed in Urshul or Urhan form) -- human or animal, of any gender, even mimicking the scent of a wounded or sick creature. He may change his scent as many times as he likes while the Gift remains in effect. This Facet lasts for one hour per success, although the Irraka may cancel its effects at any time as a reflexive action.

Exceptional Success: No additional effect.

-=-

Strike Blind (ooooo)
      Cost: 2 Essence
      Dice Pool: Wits + Medicine + Cunning vs. target's Composure + Primal Urge
      Action: Contested; resistance is reflexive

The Irraka strives to deceive the senses of others, but isn't above removing them entirely. This Facet enables the Irraka to strike a foe blind, to make her go deaf or to rob her of her sense of smell. Any one of the three is a terrible punishment for a werewolf, but human prey are particularly vulnerable to losing their sight.

Dramatic Failure: The Irraka catches a bit of backlash from the Gift. For the rest of the scene, the Irraka suffers a -1 penalty to all perception-related rolls.

Failure: The Gift fails to work.

Success: The victim is struck blind, deaf or scentblind; the Irraka chooses which sense is affected. The sensory loss lasts for a number of hours equal to the werewolf's Cunning Renown.

Exceptional Success: The sensory loss lasts for a number of days equal to the werewolf's Cunning Renown.
      Last edited by Deionscribe; 12-28-2015, 09:33 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

My first thought is to ask what you intend the theme of your 2e Stalker's Moon gift to be? What is the 'stalker' you want here?

Second thoughts are:
        - Soundless Strike seems reasonable.
        - Stolen Scent seems too narrow, mainly because of it just being scent.
        - Strike Blind seems underwhelming for a capstone, even though it is a solid effect.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
          My first thought is to ask what you intend the theme of your 2e Stalker's Moon gift to be? What is the 'stalker' you want here?

Second thoughts are:
          - Soundless Strike seems reasonable.
          - Stolen Scent seems too narrow, mainly because of it just being scent.
          - Strike Blind seems underwhelming for a capstone, even though it is a solid effect.
          I was going for the idea of Irraka as the hidden hunter and/or silent killer. Hence, I was thinking of renaming it as the "Gift of the Shadow Moon".

Moving onto your thoughts for the Facets. I may actually strike Stolen Scent off as a Facet. But perhaps keep Strike Blind after making some adjustments. Any suggestions for that, though? Also, I was thinking of porting in the two-dot power from 1E's Cunning Gift for this list. But it might overlap with the three-dot Facet of the 2E New Moon Gift. Alternatively, I was thinking of using Distractions from the 1E New Moon Gift. What do you think?

Cracks in the Armor (oo)
          Duration: One Scene
          An Irraka has to be ready to take advantage of any weakness and, to do that, she first needs to be able to find those hidden vulnerabilities. Upon activating this Gift, the New Moon's player adds the character's dots in the Cunning Renown as bonus dice on any roll to discern flaws, weaknesses, or other shortcomings in a person, organization, structure, item, or any other thing.

-=-

Distractions (oo)
          Dice Pool:
          Manipulation + Subterfuge + Cunning vs. Resolve + Primal Urge
          As the werewolf spits out whispering yips and hisses, half-perceived visions much like the Irralunim themselves flit in and out of a chosen subject's range of perception, distracting him.

Dramatic Failure: The Facet rebounds on the werewolf, assailing him with the illusions he sought to inflict on his prey. He suffers from the Disoriented Condition.

Failure: The victim is unaffected by the visions of the Facet.

Success: The victim is distracted by the Irraka's illusion, incurring a dice penalty on all actions equal to the werewolf's Cunning Renown.

Exceptional Success: As a success, but the victim continues to be haunted by the visions that assailed him. He suffers from the Shadow Paranoia Condition.
          Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-09-2016, 01:04 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

I was going for the idea of Irraka as the hidden hunter and/or silent killer. Hence, I was thinking of renaming it as the "Gift of the Shadow Moon".
            That's a tricky one; the core New Moon gift already covers a fair bit of hidden hunter / silent killer stuff, as does Stealth and Evasion. In that framework, I'm uncertain about Soundless Strike; a stealth-killing-focused Irraka is already going to have a high Stealth rating for pulling of silent kills as is, so its main advantage is that it absolutely silences the victim, and I'm not sure if that's really matching up to Eviscerate when it comes to establishing the feel of the Auspice from the first dot. Now the other minor advantage Soundless Strike has is that it also allows silenced gunfire but werewolf Gifts should generally veer away from firearms unless there's a really good reason, and I'm not sure this Gift has enough of a basis to break that guideline.

Moving onto your thoughts for the Facets. I may actually strike Stolen Scent off as a Facet. But perhaps keep Strike Blind after making some adjustments. Any suggestions for that, though?
            My initial thoughts would be to simply make it let the Irraka inflict the Blinded or Deafened tilts with any of her melee attacks for the scene as an extra (making the Urshul free tilt particularly nasty if combo'd to do the straight-up both-eyes-Blinded effect right off. However, I then realised this largely just makes it a weak version of Butchery.

I think what I'd do is probably store the idea of 'sense-based denial' in a list of useful mechanical concepts for the Gift, then delete Strike Blind entirely and start again, looking at the Gift holistically. Strike Blind by itself isn't a strong enough concept to be worth including off its own virtues; whatever goes in needs to make sense within the overall Gift concept and you can probably do better than Strike Blind as a result.

Cracks in the Armor (oo)
            An Irraka has to be ready to take advantage of any weakness and, to do that, she first needs to be able to find those hidden vulnerabilities. Upon activating this Gift, the New Moon's player adds the character's dots in the Cunning Renown as bonus dice on any roll to discern flaws, weaknesses, or other shortcomings in a person, organization, structure, item, or any other thing.
            Too much overlap with Prey on Weakness and possibly other Facets like Rending Claws too, depending on what discerning flaws and weaknesses in structures and items involves.

Distractions (oo)
            Dice Pool:
            Manipulation + Subterfuge + Cunning vs. Resolve + Primal Urge
            As the werewolf spits out whispering yips and hisses, half-perceived visions much like the Irralunim themselves flit in and out of a chosen subject's range of perception, distracting him.

Dramatic Failure: The Facet rebounds on the werewolf, assailing him with the illusions he sought to inflict on his prey. He suffers from the Disoriented Condition.

Success: The victim is distracted by the Irraka's illusion, incurring a dice penalty on all actions equal to the werewolf's Cunning Renown.

Exceptional Success: As a success, but the victim continues to be haunted by the visions that assailed him. He suffers from the Shadow Paranoia Condition.
            - Cunning Renown on ALL actions for an entire scene is probably far too strong. It also overlaps a bit much conceptually with things like Divide and Conquer, Hit & Run etc, which all use the general concept of distractions and disorientation to achieve specific mechanically-backed effects, whereas Distractions is vague but all-encompassing.

Sorry not to have been more positive in my criticisms! You've just picked a tough one

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Well, like Chris said, it'd help to sort of decide what the Gift is really trying to accomplish. "Another set of general Irraka Facets" means it wouldn't offer a distinct reason for its existence, and instead just be a coin flip choice where one or the other is purchased to start with, and the other pretty soon after.

So maybe consider some of the New Moon Aspects. The Scout, the Assassin, the Thief and the Fool. The latter two especially cover areas not specifically addressed by the New Moon's Gift. In which case you could maybe make The Thief's Moon or Liar's Moon. That could focus on Deception as opposed to stealth, and sowing chaos through exploiting weakness.

Deep Pockets. Basically the ability to hide items untraceably. Even in plain sight? Something like the second dot of Obfuscate and the 1e Gift Deep Pockets.

Stolen Visage
              Something that makes the Irraka switch appearances, scent, etc. with someone else (unbeknownst to the victim?). Might be too close to Stolen Skin. Doesn't require killing, maybe just touching while the victim is asleep or something.

Cracks in the Armor. Basically what you have up there. Only on Siskur Dah. Maybe also add Cunning to rolls to exploit said weaknesses but the circumstances already seem a little vague. Also maybe a Subterfuge bonus here or somewhere else. This is the auspice skill that gets neglected the most for these guys.

No idea. Something like Liar's Brand, maybe? That one has limited usage so I'm not sure. Maybe swap with Stolen Visage in placement.

Fifth dot no idea. Something to do with Strike Blind? No damage, just robbing senses somehow. Maybe.

Just some ideas. You could go with the infiltration thing, but you'd really have to double down to offer something unique, since the New Moon gift offers a few options for that already.

Edit: Maybe throw Distractions in somewhere, but let it inflict the penalty on Mental rolls. Maybe inflict some minor illusions instead of some mechanical penalty.
              Last edited by Amravanti; 01-09-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

This actually helps.
                At the very least, that gives me an idea on a possible name: Gift of the Lying Moon

"My Homebrew Hub"
                Age of Azar
                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Glad I could help!

Comment

Okay. Second attempt at making a Moon GIft for the Irraka. This one is a power set I feel more confident about.
                    Gift of the Lying Moon

Deep Pockets (o)
                    Cost:
                    1 Essence
                    Dice Pool: Dexterity + Larceny + Cunning
                    Duration: 1 Scene
                    Part of the creed of Cunning is the ability to conceal what must remain hidden, even from the most intense scrutiny. An Irraka with this Facet finds his feats of legerdemain becoming more than mere parlor tricks.

Dramatic Failure: The Facet fails to activate, instead hampering his ability to hide things by mundane means. He loses the 10-again rule on all Larceny rolls for the scene, and treats any Failures as Dramatic Failures.

Failure: The Facet fails to take effect.

Success: The Irraka can hide an inanimate object upon her person or within her immediate vicinity up to a Size rating equal to her Cunning Renown. Observers must succeed at a reflexive Wits + Composure with a target number equal to the werewolf's successes. Supernatural powers, meanwhile, can uncover the hidden item with a successful Clash of Wills.

Exceptional Success: As a success, but all supernatural powers used to uncover the item suffer a -3 penalty to the Clash of Wills.

-=-

Cracks in the Armor (oo)
                    Duration: 1 scene
                    The Irraka is a preternatural actor and trickster, deft of hand and sleight of tongue. And she can slip through any openings of her prey without them ever noticing. She adds her Cunning Renown on all mundane Larceny and Subterfuge rolls, and needs only three successes to achieve an exceptional success.

-=-

Elusive Hunter (ooo)
                    Duration: The full duration of Siskur-Dah
                    In the Sacred Hunt, an Irraka has to be ready to take advantage of any weaknesses presented. This Facet can only be activated when the Irraka gains the Siskur-Dah Condition. Once it's active, she adds her dots in Cunning Renown as bonus dice on any roll to discern flaws, weaknesses, or other shortcomings in a person, organization, structure, item, or any other thing.

-=-

Distractions (oooo)
                    Cost
                    : 1 Essence
                    Dice Pool: Manipulation + Subterfuge + Cunning vs. Resolve + Primal Urge
                    Duration: 1 Turn per Success
                    As the werewolf spits out whispering yips and hisses, half-perceived flit in and out of a chosen subject's range of perception, hampering his ability to concentrate.

Success: The victim is distracted by the Irraka's illusions, gaining the Distracted Condition for the duration of the Facet.

Exceptional Success: As a success, but the victim is left particularly haunted by the visions. He also suffers from the Shadow Paranoia Condition.

-=-

Lying Wolfheart (ooooo)
                    Cost:
                    3 Essence
                    Dice Pool: Manipulation + Subterfuge + Cunning
                    Duration: 1 Hour per Success

Dramatic Failure: The Irraka unintentionally enhances the elusive scent of his Primal Urge. The effects of Sheep's Clothing do not apply in Hishu Form for the duration of the scene.

Failure: The Facet fails to take effect.

Success: For the duration of the Facet, all attempts to locate the werewolf while Sheep's Clothing is applied lose the 10-again rule, and treat any Failures as Dramatic Failures.

Exceptional Success: Even outside the safety of the herd, it is still a challenge to hunt him down while he is in human form. Apply the normal effect of Sheep's Clothing even in sparsely populated areas.
                    Last edited by Deionscribe; 03-07-2017, 09:55 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                    Age of Azar
                    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Here's another Shadow Gift conversion, largely from the Information Gift.
                      Gift of the Word

Twisted Words [Cunning]
                      Cost:
                      3 Essence
                      Dice Pool: Wits + Persuasion + Cunning - Composure
                      All too often, people hear what they want to hear. A speech on a controversial subject such as immigration has the potential to warp in listener's minds until they hear what they expected or wanted to hear. This Facet goes further than that.

Dramatic Failure: Everyone who would have been affected by the Gift hears exactly what the speaker says and nothing more, and knows that the werewolf is trying to pull the wool over her eyes.

Failure: The character can't alter anyone's perceptions of what is said.

Success: The werewolf can deliberately warp one group's perceptions of the speech in a direction of her choosing. Listeners can make a reflexive Resolve + Persuasion roll to attempt to follow what sounds like a lunatic screed or untangle a speech's distorted meaning. The selection can be a wide group, but the Facet has no effect beyond a radius equal to [Cunning x5] yards.

Exceptional Success: As success, but none of the listeners may make a Resolve + Persuasion roll to determine the original meaning of the speech.

-=-

Babel [Glory]
                      Cost:
                      3 Essence
                      Dice Pool: Manipulation + Persuasion + Glory vs. Composure + Primal Urge
                      Action: Contested; resistance is reflexive
                      Language is a means of conveying structured information, a means of spreading ideas from one person to another. Language is a remarkably versatile form, and even a mild grasp of a tongue will allow someone to convey a wide range of basic ideas. This Facet shatters that by crudely reorganizing the information that underlies a conversation. Those targeted by this power appear to see every other member of their group suffering from dysphasia.

Dramatic Failure: The werewolf is unable to make herself understood to anyone using anything more complex than crude physical gestures for the rest of the scene.

Failure: The targets of the Facet remain able to understand one another.

Success: The werewolf targets members of an identifiable group (gang members, or a hunting party) within a radius of [Glory x5] yards. Each target must make a contested roll. Those who fail are entirely unable to communicate with the others using any form of organized language -- including sign language -- and must rely on crude gestures to convey any meaning. While any member of the group who is not affected can be understood by those who are, those affected cannot make themselves understood to anyone else in the group. This effectively ruins the group's co-ordination, making most tactics effectively impossible. The result of this is that each affected member suffers a -3 modifier to all rolls where communication with the other affected people is a factor, and treat all Failures as Dramatic Failures.

Exceptional Success: The werewolf poisons the underpinnings of his targets' communication. Anyone suffering this level of effect cannot make himself understood by anyone, as opposed to just members of the same group.

-=-

Tongues [Honor]
                      Cost:
                      1 Essence
                      Duration: Honor Hours
                      Humanity has hundreds of languages in use today, and hundreds more that have seen use during past centuries. This Facet allows the werewolf to speak and understand the language of any human he is speaking with, whether it is face-to-face or over the phone, as long as he can hear the subject's voice. Furthermore, the Facet allows the werewolf to understand something written in a foreign language without knowing the language in question.

Dice Pool: Wits + Academics + Honor

Dramatic Failure: The translation is botched, appearing to convey the basic meaning of the text but with enough alterations to dramatically alter the actual meaning of the piece. All rolls relating to the translated information have a -1 modifier.

Failure: The Facet does not grant any insights into the text.

Success: The Facet allows the Werewolf to divine the literal meaning of the text.

Exceptional Success: The Facet effortlessly translates not only the text but also the deeper subtext and other subtleties concealed in the words.

-=-

Speak the Words [Purity]
                      Cost:
                      1 Essence
                      Dice Pool: Presence + Expression + Purity
                      Duration: Purity Hours
                      It is said in some tales that the Uremehir was the first language ever spoken by humans. While the herd demonstrate little to no understanding of the First Tongue, a werewolf can impart momentary insight to an individual of his choice.

Dramatic Failure: Rather than give him the ability to speak a lost language, the target of the Facet loses any ability to speak at all. He gain the Mute Condition for the scene.

Failure: The Facet fails to impart its effect on the target.

Success: For the duration of the Facet, anyone targeted by it can understand a spirit communicating with him in the First Tongue. He may not be able to respond in kind, but it does give him some idea of the entity's current disposition.

Exceptional Success: As success, but the target can now speak the words of the First Tongue until the end of the Facet's duration.

-=-

Fine Print [Wisdom]
                      Cost:
                      1 Essence per target recipient
                      Dice Pool: Intelligence + Subterfuge + Cunning
                      Action: Extended (10 successes; 10 minutes pass per roll)
                      Duration: Special (See Below)
                      Language is a carrier for information, a means of encoding thought and meaning -- information -- in to another person. This Facet allows the werewolf to add hidden information to her words, encoding a message or meaning that only someone of her choosing will understand. Anyone else reading or hearing her words will hear what she says, but her chosen recipient will also understand a message just for him.

Dramatic Failure: The werewolf's message is either warped as it is hidden so that it has a different meaning, or someone other than the desired target receives the hidden message.

Failure: The message conveys no extra meaning.

Success: The werewolf hides a message underneath what she is saying. Any individual she can identify, or members of a distinct group, will hear both messages, though the werewolf must spend one Essence per recipient. If there aren't enough people present, the extra Essence is wasted. If there are more present, the Storyteller decides who hears the message and who does not. The hidden message cannot be longer than the original message.

Exceptional Success: As a success, but all members of a group hear the message for only one Essence. Any extra Essence spent is returned to the werewolf.
                      Last edited by Deionscribe; 04-15-2018, 06:41 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                      Age of Azar
                      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Revised the Purity Facet for the Gift of Savagery.
                        http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...715#post750715

Here's the previous version for those curious:

Unending Fury [Purity]
                        Dice Pool: None
                        Action: Action
                        To fall into Kuruth is to abandon all reason for the purest instinct of all -- to survive at any cost. Some Predator Kings have learned not to fear the touch of Death Rage, but to welcome it as the epitome of the hunter's arsenal against his prey. This Gift suppresses the hunter's fight or flight instincts, so that they do not feel the instinctive urge to preserve their life when nearing death. Instead, they lose themselves to mindless Rage, ripping flesh and lashing out with no desire beyond killing their enemies. Predator Kings who are blinded by hate for the enemies, who simply wish to take down as many of their foes as possible before their own death or who are certain victory can come with a final-breath effort, use this Facet with devastating effects.

Upon activating this Facet, the Werewolf falls into Basu-Im, and adds his Purity Renown to his effective Primal Urge for determining its duration (at Storyteller discretion, this can go beyond Primal Urge 10). While active, any attack that would inflict bashing damage on the werewolf inflicts only a single point, and all lethal and aggravated damage is downgraded by one level. In addition, all wound penalties he suffers are converted into bonuses.

This ability comes at a steep price, however. If the Werewolf has survived long enough to emerge from Basu-Im, he suffers aggravated damage to all of his health boxes. Successes on a Stamina + Primal Urge roll downgrades a fraction of that damage to lethal on a 1-to-1 basis. Completely surrendering to the Rage and embracing the raw power it brings is a fatal experience for all but the hardiest of Uratha.

If the character is down to his last three health boxes, he may activate this reflexively at no cost.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                        Age of Azar
                        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Gift of Fervor

Lapse of Faith [Cunning]
                          Cost:
                          1 Essence
                          Dice Pool: Presence + Expression + Cunning vs. Resolve + Primal Urge
                          Action: Reflexive and Contested
                          Duration: Scene
                          The werewolf can force a spiritual compulsion that hinders her prey's attempts at fighting back against him. It can potentially even force him to turn on those he's fighting alongside.

Dramatic Failure: The Facet's energies rebound on the werewolf. He cannot attack anyone without a successful Resolve + Composure roll for the remainder of the scene.

Failure: The Facet has no effect.

Success: For the duration of the Facet, the victim is compelled to not attack the werewolf or any of his allies. He also suffers the Demoralized Condition. Attacking someone thus affected lifts their compulsion. This power doesn't works over those who are gripped by Death Rage.

Exceptional Success: For the duration of the Facet, he also gains the Cowed Condition.

The Height of Glory [Glory]
                          Cost:
                          3 Essence
                          Dice Pool: None
                          Duration: Scene
                          By invoking this Facet, the werewolf feels himself empowered to fight even with reckless abandon, trusting his heightened instincts to offer him some protection from harm. He adds his Glory Renown as a dice bonus when making all-out attacks, as well as a bonus to his Defense that persists even after he has performed an all-out attack. If the werewolf falls into Basu-Im, he can activate this Facet at no cost.

Relentless Focus [Honor]
                          Cost:
                          3 Essence
                          Dice Pool: Resolve + Empathy + Honor
                          The Uratha using this Facet gains intense focus on whatever actions are most important to him, and only the greatest of temptations or distractions can gain his attention.

Dramatic Failure: The Uratha not only fails to focus. He also throws his mind into a state of disorder. He gains the Distracted Condition for the scene.

Failure: The Uratha cannot gain the desired level of focus.

Success: For every success achieved on the roll, the werewolf can add his dots in Honor Renown whenever he spends a Willpower point to gain bonus dice in a single roll.

Exceptional Success: In addition to the usual effects of a success, the werewolf gains the Inspired Condition.

Soul's Gaze [Purity]
                          Dice Pool: Intelligence + Investigation + Purity
                          By gazing intently, the werewolf can judge another's soul.

Dramatic Failure: The character receives a completely false idea on his target's mental state. He may mistake a high Harmony werewolf for the opposite, or incorrectly believes certain actions and situations may be possible breaking points.

Failure: The Facet does not uncover any information.

Success: The werewolf gets a sense of his target's mental state. For humans, this Facet reveals the strength of their psyche in terms of Integrity. For werewolves, it reveals how much they are (or are not) in tune with their dual nature according to their Harmony. Other supernaturals targeted by this Facet yield information according to their effective Integrity rating.

Exceptional Success: In addition to the usual effects of the success, the werewolf gains several pieces of information equal to his Purity Renown. Such information pertains to his target's spiritual balance, and how it can be maintained or destroyed. This can be a given character's breaking points, or (when applicable) Touchstones.

Place of Serenity [Wisdom]
                          Dice Pool: Composure + Empathy + Wisdom
                          Duration: 1 Day
                          This Facet can be invoked after an Uratha has performed a successful meditation, strengthening his emotions with a bulwark of faith.

Dramatic Failure: The Facet does the exact opposite, depriving the werewolf of any clarity of thought. He loses the benefits gained from meditating and suffers the Confused Condition.

Failure: The werewolf gains the benefits of meditating, but nothing more than that.

Success: In addition to the usual effects of meditation, the Werewolf gains a bonus to all Resolve + Composure rolls equal to his Wisdom Renown for the duration of the Facet's effects.

Exceptional Success: The werewolf's mind is sharper, allowing him to think more clearly and better shake off distractions. He may ignore a number of circumstantial penalties equal to his Wisdom Renown for the duration of the Facet.
                          Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-28-2016, 01:49 PM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                          Age of Azar
                          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Here's another Moon Gift, this time a partial conversion of the Dreaming Moon Gifts from 1st Edition. If anyone has critique - especially for the last Facet - I would deeply appreciate it.

Gift of the Dreaming Moon

Waking Visions (o)
                            Cost: None (or 1 Essence)
                            Duration: Permanent
                            Those who first Changed under the Dreaming Moon are frequently struck with vivid dreams. By developing this Facet, the Cahalith becomes more attuned to her subconscious, receiving brief visions which warn her of impending danger. She may add his Glory Renown to all perception rolls, and to rolls made to detect ambushes and traps. If he chooses to spend Essence and roll the Facet's dice pool, the werewolf can extend her foresight, allowing her to divine impending events within a period of [Glory x4] hours.

Dice Pool: Wits + Occult + Glory

Dramatic Failure: The player asks a question as though she had rolled a success; the Storyteller should either give false information, or present a warped version of the truth.

Failure: The Cahalith's visions are too cryptic to decipher. She does not gain any information, though he may try again at a cumulative -1 penalty (to a maximum of -5).

Success: The player can ask one question from the Storyteller. The Storyteller’s answer should include the imagery conveyed by the visions.

Exceptional Success: As a success, but the Cahalith automatically receives a vision relevant to the events he is experiencing. The Storyteller must reveal something relevant to the story, which the player can use to pose his question.

One Voice (oo)
                            Cost:
                            None
                            Duration: Permanent
                            With this Facet, a Cahalith can keep packmates in constant contact with one another. Pack members within a radius of 10 feet per dot of the Cahalith per dot of her Glory Renown are capable of instantaneous mental communication with one another. Any speaker can reach one particular packmate of his choice, or with all of them simultaneously. Connected characters also gain a bonus equal to the Cahalith's Glory on Initiative and on teamwork actions with one another, as they're better able to coordinate their efforts. The Facet cannot be used to communicate with packmates across the Gauntlet, or in a different plane of existence.

Farsighted Hunter (ooo)
                            Cost
                            : 1 Essence
                            Duration: The full duration of Siskur-Dah.
                            To be a Cahalith is to be ridden by one's dreams, to sense things in sharp context, to have one's soul constantly churning with thoughts and impulses that demand expression. In the Hunt, her visions take a sharper focus, helping her to better guide her pack towards their prey. For the duration of the Facet, when invoking Waking Visions to peer into the future, the Cahalith may gain a number of insights on her prey equal to her Glory Renown. She may also spend a point of Essence once per night to receive a Prophetic Dream regarding the prey.

Aria of the Soul (oooo)
                            Cost:
                            2 Essence
                            Dice Pool: Presence + Expression + Glory
                            Action: Extended (25 successes; each roll represents one minute of singing)
                            The Cahalith's art, the embodied howl, is capable of more than communication; the highest of the Gibbous Moons can not only communicate but commune. A soulsinger is able to draw on the power of the dreaming moon to soothe and heal, to wipe away a person's trauma and nightmares and replace them with gentle sleep.

Dramatic Failure: The song goes horribly wrong, stirring up more terrible memories or visions and twisting them into sharp relief. The subject suffers the Soul Shocked Condition.

Failure: The Uratha gains no successes, and gains the Stumbled Condition.

Success: Successes are gained; if the total reaches 25 successes or more, the song insinuates fully into the mind and memory of the subject. What the subject experiences is left to the Storyteller's discretion, but usually the song either assuages the pain of a terrible memory or reminds the subject of a sweeter memory that has been recently repressed by more terrible experiences. The song cannot permanently heal mental scars, but it can soothe them for a time. The subject does not suffer from the effects of any negative emotion- or mind-based Conditions he has until the next moon phase, unless they are resolved before the Facet ends.

Performing the Facet once in a given lunar phase is a breaking point for the werewolf at a -3 penalty. The power helps to center his dual nature even as it soothes the soul of his target. If he's cleaving to the World of Flesh, the breaking point is one towards Spirit. The same is true vice versa. Other werewolves who hear the song also experience the breaking point if they are hearing it for the first time in a given phase.

Exceptional Success: Successes are gained; if the total reaches 30 successes or more, the song is particularly potent. The werewolf and all witnesses to his performance regain a point of Willpower for every success above 30.

Hunter's Dream (ooooo)
                            No matter the distance that separates them, the whole pack always meet in their dreams, securing a territory deep in the Astral Realms. A Cahalith with this Facet develops an Astral Den, which functions similarly to a Beast's Lair with regards to its environment. Here, packmates can convene secretly without too much suspicion, though the Cahalith has the right to bar entry to any member of the pack.

===============
                            Sidebar: Astral Den
                            Mechanically similar to a Beast's Lair, the Astral Den uses half the Cahalith's Primal Urge (rounded up) as its effective Lair rating. It also possesses Chambers and Lair Traits, though the Cahalith is restricted only to Minor Traits for the latter.

Members of the pack may access the Den whenever they are either sleeping or in a trance-like state. They manifest in a Dream Form, with the Cahalith using the highest among her Attributes to determine her Power, Finesse, and Resistance. If a member of the pack is prevented from entering for any reason by the Gibbous Moon, he may trigger a Clash of Wills, rolling his Primal Urge and the higher of his Auspice or Tribal Renown as a dice pool. Mortal and Wolf-Blooded members cannot contest the ban, and may only be granted entry by the Cahalith's consent.

A Cahalith can also physically enter her Lair by opening a portal similar to a Beast's Primordial Pathways. Doing so, however, must be done in a location resonant to the Den. And the act itself is an Extended Action, with a target number of 30 successes (each roll representing 10 minutes). The Cahalith also spends Essence equal to [6 - her Honorary Rank] in addition to a Willpower point.
                            ===============
                            Last edited by Deionscribe; 03-11-2017, 07:19 AM. Reason: Slight updates to Hunter's Dream

"My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
                              Aria of the Soul (oooo)
                              I would add that, once a month, hearing this song is a breaking point towards the center of Uratha's Harmony. If she is too much flesh, she becomes more spirit, and vice-versa.

Comment

Originally posted by BinAly View Post
                                I would add that, once a month, hearing this song is a breaking point towards the center of Uratha's Harmony. If she is too much flesh, she becomes more spirit, and vice-versa.
                                How about hearing or performing the song? So, it'd be written that...

"Performing the Facet once in a lunar month is a breaking point for the werewolf at a -3 penalty. The power helps to center his dual nature even as it soothes the soul of his target. If he's cleaving to the World of Flesh, the breaking point is one towards Spirit. The same is true vice versa. Other werewolves who hear the song also experience the breaking point if they are hearing it for the first time in a month.".

That said, you got any suggestions for the fifth Facet? Or any critique for the others? I was considering a power in the form of a howl which forces all those who hear it to be rendered unconscious, or at least stunned/insensate. And at the same time, I'm trying to decide on an Essence cost for Hunter's Dream.
                                Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-26-2016, 09:42 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                                Age of Azar
                                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
                                X