Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Werewolf Gifts - 2e Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    And here's a possible revision of the three-dot Facet, which I might consider renaming Ardent Hunter...

    -=-

    Ardent Hunter (ooo)
    Cost:
    1 Essence
    Duration: The full duration of Siskur-Dah
    A Cahalith on the Sacred Hunt does not just succeed. She excels, she inspires, she overwhelms opposition. Whenever she spends Willpower to enhance any rolls made to pursue her prey, she also benefits from the Inspired or Steadfast Condition in the modified roll. If she scores an Exceptional Success, she regains the spent Willpower, and all favorable witnesses to her prowess also gain a point of Willpower.


    "My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
      And here's a possible revision of the three-dot Facet, which I might consider renaming Ardent Hunter...

      -=-

      Ardent Hunter (ooo)
      Cost:
      1 Essence
      Duration: The full duration of Siskur-Dah
      A Cahalith on the Sacred Hunt does not just succeed. She excels, she inspires, she overwhelms opposition. Whenever she spends Willpower to enhance any rolls made to pursue her prey, she also benefits from the Inspired or Steadfast Condition in the modified roll. If she scores an Exceptional Success, she regains the spent Willpower, and all favorable witnesses to her prowess also gain a point of Willpower.
      You see, this is a place that enhancing bonuses from resting might work. Your take feels very Glorious, but has nothing of dreams about it. What if, following your focus on uniting the Pack (One Voice), the Cahalith could rest for them all? By dreaming and receiving prophecies from the Dreaming Moon, the Cahalith can allow his packmates to skip resting and still benefit from it.

      As long as the Cahalith rests, every pack member receives Willpower from resting and does not suffer from sleep deprivation. On top of that, each pack member receives a point of Essence as the Dreaming Moon's power penetrates the pack through the Cahalith.

      Also, it could boost the main power from the Auspice by adding the Cahalith's Glory to the modifier following a prophetic dream.
      --

      On Aria of the Soul, I'm a bit torn about it. I like the mechanics and the adaptation from the 1e power, but doesn't it feel a bit like a Rite by 2e standards?

      Comment


      • #78
        I don't feel like resting is something that should emphasize on the Sacred Hunt gift. Considering the rite stops working when you do.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Ephsy View Post
          I don't feel like resting is something that should emphasize on the Sacred Hunt gift. Considering the rite stops working when you do.
          Arguable. 'The pack breaks off the Siskur-Dah by taking any significant actions towards ends other than the hunt.' Taking a two-week vacation to Tahiti - hunt ending. Resting to revitalise your pack and strengthen them for the upcoming confrontation - part of the hunt, and the hunt continues. This is especially true if (under this hypothetical Gift) the Cahalith's entire purpose in resting is empowering the rest of the pack to continue the hunt. In that case, she's specifically performing a significant action in pursuit of the hunt.

          (Not that I'm commenting on the merits or otherwise of the suggested Gift. Just that the pack can rest within reason and not have the hunt instantly end.)





          Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by BinAly View Post
            You see, this is a place that enhancing bonuses from resting might work. Your take feels very Glorious, but has nothing of dreams about it. What if, following your focus on uniting the Pack (One Voice), the Cahalith could rest for them all? By dreaming and receiving prophecies from the Dreaming Moon, the Cahalith can allow his packmates to skip resting and still benefit from it.

            As long as the Cahalith rests, every pack member receives Willpower from resting and does not suffer from sleep deprivation. On top of that, each pack member receives a point of Essence as the Dreaming Moon's power penetrates the pack through the Cahalith.

            Also, it could boost the main power from the Auspice by adding the Cahalith's Glory to the modifier following a prophetic dream.
            Originally posted by Ephsy View Post
            I don't feel like resting is something that should emphasize on the Sacred Hunt gift. Considering the rite stops working when you do.
            Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
            Arguable. 'The pack breaks off the Siskur-Dah by taking any significant actions towards ends other than the hunt.' Taking a two-week vacation to Tahiti - hunt ending. Resting to revitalise your pack and strengthen them for the upcoming confrontation - part of the hunt, and the hunt continues. This is especially true if (under this hypothetical Gift) the Cahalith's entire purpose in resting is empowering the rest of the pack to continue the hunt. In that case, she's specifically performing a significant action in pursuit of the hunt.

            (Not that I'm commenting on the merits or otherwise of the suggested Gift. Just that the pack can rest within reason and not have the hunt instantly end.)

            These are all good points. The hunt doesn't end just like that when you decide to take a moment to rest for the night. That said, may shelve Ardent Hunter for a future Gift of the Glorious/Pregnant/Radiant Moon. So, what would this conceptual three-dot Facet be called, then? Should it just add a dice bonus equal to Glory on the Prophetic Dreams blessing? Or could it increase the number of times you may avail the benefits of the Auspice power by the Cahalith's glory (during the Hunt)?


            "My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by BinAly View Post
              On Aria of the Soul, I'm a bit torn about it. I like the mechanics and the adaptation from the 1e power, but doesn't it feel a bit like a Rite by 2e standards?
              Perhaps. But aren't certain Shadow Gift Facets (namely some in the Gift of Weather) also treated as Extended Actions?


              "My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

                Arguable. 'The pack breaks off the Siskur-Dah by taking any significant actions towards ends other than the hunt.' Taking a two-week vacation to Tahiti - hunt ending. Resting to revitalise your pack and strengthen them for the upcoming confrontation - part of the hunt, and the hunt continues. This is especially true if (under this hypothetical Gift) the Cahalith's entire purpose in resting is empowering the rest of the pack to continue the hunt. In that case, she's specifically performing a significant action in pursuit of the hunt.

                (Not that I'm commenting on the merits or otherwise of the suggested Gift. Just that the pack can rest within reason and not have the hunt instantly end.)
                Still, sleeping it off doesn't seems evocative enough for a third rank. Sue me.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

                  Still, sleeping it off doesn't seems evocative enough for a third rank. Sue me.
                  How about this for the Facet?

                  -=-

                  Farsighted Hunter (ooo)
                  Cost
                  : 1 Essence
                  Action: Instant
                  Duration: The full duration of Siskur-Dah.
                  To be a Cahalith is to be ridden by one's dreams, to sense things in sharp context, to have one's soul constantly churning with thoughts and impulses that demand expression. In the Hunt, her visions take a sharper focus, helping her to better guide her pack towards their prey. For the duration of the Facet, when invoking Waking Visions to peer into the future, the Cahalith may gain a number of insights on her prey equal to her Glory Renown. She may also spend a point of Essence once per night to receive a Prophetic Dream regarding the prey.


                  "My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

                    Still, sleeping it off doesn't seems evocative enough for a third rank. Sue me.
                    Dial back the hostility Ephsy. Your opinion is valid. The rules you cited to back up your opinion didn't lend themselves to the black-or-white interpretation.


                    Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                      Dial back the hostility Ephsy. Your opinion is valid. The rules you cited to back up your opinion didn't lend themselves to the black-or-white interpretation.

                      So, any thoughts on Far-Sighted Hunter?
                      Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-01-2016, 02:20 AM.


                      "My Homebrew Hub"
                      Age of Azar
                      The Kingdom of Yamatai

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Slotted in Far-Sighted Hunter as the three-dot Facet for the Dreaming Moon Gift. Putting up a new Moon Gift for the Cahalith, now.


                        "My Homebrew Hub"
                        Age of Azar
                        The Kingdom of Yamatai

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Gift of the Ardent Moon

                          Siren Howl (o)
                          Cost: 1 Essence
                          Action: Instant
                          Duration: Scene
                          The Cahalith lets out a howl that echoes with primal power, compelling many who hear to seek out the source. All characters who hear the howl must make a successful Resolve + Composure roll, penalized by the Werewolf's Glory dots, or suffer the Lured Condition for the scene. A dramatic failure on this roll also inflicts the Obsession Condition tied to investigating the howl.


                          (oo)


                          Ardent Hunter (ooo)
                          Cost:
                          1 Essence
                          Duration: The full duration of Siskur-Dah
                          A Cahalith on the Sacred Hunt does not just succeed. She excels, she inspires, she overwhelms opposition. Whenever she spends Willpower to enhance any rolls made to pursue her prey, she also benefits from the Inspired or Steadfast Condition in the modified roll. If she scores an Exceptional Success, she regains the spent Willpower, and all favorable witnesses to her prowess also gain a point of Willpower.


                          Drawing The Curtain (oooo)
                          Cost: 3 Essence
                          Dice Pool: Manipulation + Expression + Glory vs. the subject's Composure + Primal Urge
                          Action: Instant
                          Duration: 1 Roll per success
                          A wise storyteller knows that when an enemy must be dealt with, the best story is a tragedy. Cahalith with this Facet can tell a tale of woe so terrible that the subject of the tale is marked by fate for an awful end.

                          Dramatic Failure: Not only does the story not stir fate to turn on the listener, but the listener is aware that the Cahalith was toying with his destiny.

                          Failure: The Cahalith finishes her story, but nothing happens.

                          Success: The story influences the listener in a dark way. The next time the listener's player (or Storyteller) chooses to spend Willpower to add dice to a roll, tragedy strikes. The Cahalith's player may declare that the roll is automatically considered a dramatic failure.

                          Exceptional Success: As a success, but the prey receives the Demoralized Condition after suffering from the effects of the Facet for the first time.


                          Magnum Opus (ooooo)
                          Cost: 3 Essence
                          Dice Pool: Presence + Expression + Glory
                          Action: Instant
                          Duration: 1 Roll Per Success
                          Stories serve a number of functions for a pack: To remind them of past glories, educate, or inspire to future greatness. The inspirational potential of the story is demonstrated at its full potential with this Facet. The storyteller weaves an epic tale of how spectacular their successes will be in the near future, and the listeners are so inspired they are able to perform acts with success beyond their wildest dreams. The Cahalith can use this Facet to affect several listeners equal to her Glory + Primal Urge.

                          Dramatic Failure: The story's effect is counter to the intention. The next time the listener spends Willpower to enhance a roll, no dice are added to the roll, and the listener still loses the point.

                          Failure: The Facet has no effect.

                          Success: The story rouses greatness in its listener. The next time the listener spends Willpower to enhance an action, instead of adding three dice to the roll, add three successes to the total rolled.

                          Exceptional Success: The next time the listener spends a point of Willpower to enhance an action, that action is automatically an exceptional success.
                          Last edited by Deionscribe; 03-10-2017, 08:57 PM.


                          "My Homebrew Hub"
                          Age of Azar
                          The Kingdom of Yamatai

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Gift of Dreams

                            Dream Journey [Cunning]
                            Cost: 1 Essence
                            Dice Pool: Wits + Occult + Cunning
                            Action: Instant
                            By tapping into the spiritual resonance of dreams, the Uratha can travel to another location as long as there are sleeping individuals nearby.

                            Dramatic Failure: The Facet not only fails to take effect, but it also leaves the werewolf greatly disoriented. He suffers the Confused Condition.

                            Failure: The Facet fails to take effect.

                            Success: The werewolf enters the dreamscape and may use it to instantaneously traverse physical distances. The physical distance traveled is not greater than 10 miles per dot in his Cunning Renown. He emerges as close as possible to the physical place of his choosing, within the general vicinity of the closest sleeper.

                            Exceptional Success: As a success, but the werewolf emerges exactly where he wants to be, regardless of whether or not there is a sleeper nearby.


                            Phantom Menace [Glory]
                            Cost:
                            3 Essence
                            Dice Pool: Presence + Occult + Glory vs. Composure + Primal Urge
                            Action: Instant
                            The werewolf can reach into the mind of the prey and materialize his worse fears.

                            Dramatic Failure: The Facet's energies rebound on the werewolf, harrowing his soul and leaving him drained. He receives the Soul Shocked Condition.

                            Failure: The Facet fails to summon the prey's worst fears.

                            Success: The werewolf creates an ephemeral being that embodies the greatest horrors in the prey's psyche. This entity has a Rank equal to the werewolf's Glory Renown, and is created as a Dream Form using the target's Mental Attributes as a basis.

                            Exceptional Success: As a success, but the dream entity now uses the highest of the target's Power, Finesse, and Resistance Attributes to determine its own. Furthermore, being confronted with one's worst fears inflicts the Soul Shocked Condition on the target.


                            Inception [Honor]
                            Cost:
                            1 Essence
                            Dice Pool: Manipulation + Empathy + Honor vs. Composure + Primal Urge
                            Action: Extended (5 Successes; each roll represents 1 minute)
                            Duration: 1 Week
                            By seeding suggestions into the minds of his sleeping prey, the werewolf may exert a greater influence upon him through interactions in the waking world. This Facet can only be performed within sight of the target while he is asleep or otherwise unconscious.

                            Dramatic Failure: The Facet overwhelms the target's subconscious with horrific visions that paint the werewolf in a negative light. He receives the Frightened Condition towwards him, which persists until the next sunrise.

                            Failure: The Uratha fails to accumulate any successes, and gains the Stumbled Condition.

                            Success: For the duration of the Facet, the werewolf adds his Honor Renown as a bonus to all rolls made to conduct Social Maneuvering with the target.

                            Exceptional Success: In addition to the effects of a success, the werewolf raises his first impression by one step, and may inflict the Obsession Condition upon his prey with regards to helping him upon successfully opening the final Door.


                            Lunatic Pandora [Purity]
                            Cost: 3 Essence
                            Dice Pool: Stamina + Survival + Purity - Composure
                            Action: Instant
                            Duration: Scene
                            By directing a horrific howl upon a target of this Facet, the werewolf inflicts harrowing sensations upon his prey's psyche.

                            Dramatic Failure: Not only did the howl fail to harrow the Facet's target. It had the unfortunate benefit of steeling his resolve. The target instead gains the Steadfast Condition.

                            Failure: The Facet has no effect on the target.

                            Success: The howl strikes into the victim's mind, triggering a rush of random hallucinations which leaves him stunned where he stands. He suffers the Confused Condition.

                            Exceptional Success: As a success, but the victim also receives the Stunned Tilt.


                            Sense the Sleepers [Wisdom]
                            Cost:
                            1 Essence
                            Dice Pool: Wits + Empathy + Wisdom
                            Action: Instant
                            Duration: Scene
                            The werewolf opens her senses to the world around her, getting a sense for the sleeping and dreaming minds that might be nearby.

                            Dramatic Failure: The werewolf is suddenly afflicted with a wave of drowsiness, which sends him into a trance-like state. He gains the Insensate Tilt for the scene.

                            Failure: The werewolf is unable to tell whether anyone is sleeping in her vicinity. He may choose to try again within the scene at a cumulative -1 penalty (up to a maximum of -5).

                            Success: The werewolf can accurately count the number of sleeping creatures larger than a cat within a range of 10 yards per dot of Wisdom Renown, and can sense the rough location and size of each. He may also determine both their sleeping condition (forced, suffering nightmares, peaceful) and overall health.

                            Exceptional Success: As above, but the range of the Facet is doubled.
                            Last edited by Deionscribe; 03-11-2017, 07:29 AM.


                            "My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
                              Gift of the Fertile Moon

                              (o)


                              (oo)


                              Ardent Hunter (ooo)
                              Cost:
                              1 Essence
                              Duration: The full duration of Siskur-Dah
                              A Cahalith on the Sacred Hunt does not just succeed. She excels, she inspires, she overwhelms opposition. Whenever she spends Willpower to enhance any rolls made to pursue her prey, she also benefits from the Inspired or Steadfast Condition in the modified roll. If she scores an Exceptional Success, she regains the spent Willpower, and all favorable witnesses to her prowess also gain a point of Willpower.


                              (oooo)


                              ​(ooooo)

                              I'll be incredibly honest. Just thinking about the name for some reason ends up giving me images of child rearing and well you get the idea...


                              Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
                              DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
                              Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Almarck View Post
                                I'll be incredibly honest. Just thinking about the name for some reason ends up giving me images of child rearing and well you get the idea...
                                How about Gift of the Radiant Moon?


                                "My Homebrew Hub"
                                Age of Azar
                                The Kingdom of Yamatai

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X