[2ED] Your's Werewolf Rites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2ED] Your's Werewolf Rites

Topic for your own, custom Rites to share.

I start with mine Rite for regaining Auspice of ex Pure that want's to join Tribes of Moon.Thanks for help with this, Deionscribe and Ephsy.

Wolf Rite - Luna’s Forgiveness (*****)

Most Pure would rather die than return to the Mother’s embrace. But in rare occasions there are dedicated Uratha that wish to regain their lost Auspice. This rite was used in this form since the first Pogrom, where early converts where begging Luna for her forgiveness. It's used to this night.

This rite is taught only to the Tribes of Moon. Supplicant need to have at least one dot of his previous Auspice Renown.

Symbols: Auspice's Moon, Forgiveness, Water, Auspice’s Renown, Silver

Sample Rite: The most common version of this ritual is performed on the night of the Auspice Moon convert wishes to regain. The ritualist summons a Lune of the Auspice in question which will send tales of the events of this night to the Moon. The supplicant begins by begging Luna for her forgiveness and the ritualist cleanses his body with water from silver basin that soaked the Moon’s light. Then the gathering recreates the events of supplicant’s First Change. (Presence + Expression)

Other version: The supplicant kneels at the bank of the river as the Auspice Moon rises in the night sky. The ritualist dips a silver chalice into the water, filling it up before holding it up to the sky to invoke the Lunar choir to act as witnesses to the rite. He then pours the water over the werewolf's head, as they and the other participants chant the First Tongue words of the Oath of the Moon. They, then, proceed to swim downriver, for the supplicant to prove his desire for forgiveness and the other participants to demonstrate their support for his cause". (Strength + Athletics)

Other version: The rite's participants stand around the supplicant in a circle before a massive waterfall, its cascading waters glimmering under the light of the moon. The ritualist anoints the supplicant with body paint consecrated with powdered silver upon the scars of the rite which first tore away the Auspice's blessing. His assistants, meanwhile, intone a prayer in the First Tongue to Mother Luna, imploring her to look upon her lost child. Soon, a Lune of the Auspice's choir appears before the Uratha, speaking the words of the Oath before beckoning them to follow through the falls. The rite's other participants take turns affirming their support of the supplicant, before walking in a single line into the waterfall. The supplicant, himself, is the last to walk forward, and he braces himself for the full force of the water upon his body as he feels Essence flow through the paint and into his scars. (Stamina + Survival)

Cost: 5 Essence and supplicant’s 1 Primal Urge dot ( he cannot lose his/her first dot )

Action: Extended ( 15 success, each roll represent 10 minutes )

Effect: Supplicant regains his Auspice with it’s spirit brands. He regains all Auspice abilities and reacts to the Auspice Moon like rest of Forsaken Uratha. The scars from the Pure ritual that stripped it previously fade with new flesh, but still are visible with a close inspection.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Mask the Blood (Wolf Rite, **)
    Sometimes the hunter becomes the hunted. A werewolf with this rite can mask their spiritual scent from their tireless hunters.
    Symbols: Scent, flight, stealth, blood
    Sample Rite: A lone Iron Master living in Pure territory developed this rite over months of being hunted. He makes a fragrant broth out of onions, garlic, ammonia, and other materials with intense odor and anoints himself in the mixture. Afterwards, he bleeds into the container that he mixed the brew in and carries it far away from where he mixed it. Eventually he stops and conceals it. (Wits+Stealth)
    Action: Extended (10 successes; each roll represents 5 minutes)
    Duration: Until another werewolf tastes of the ritualist’s blood -- fresh or from the hidden container -- or 1 year.
    Success: This rite can be performed by multiple werewolves simultaneously, and all can receive the benefit. Once successfully performed, all benefactors are protected from the werewolf ability to track a prey whose blood they’ve tasted regardless of distance or time. Their spoor is once again “mundane”.
    This does not affect Facets such as Impossible Spoor or Honed Senses.

Rite I put together to justify the existence of a mentor character in my Cascadia Forsaken game. Thoughts?
    Last edited by BigDamnHero; 11-29-2015, 05:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to include "flight" as part of the sample rite.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
    He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post
      Rite I put together to justify the existence of a mentor character in my Cascadia Forsaken game. Thoughts?
      Sample rite seems to be missing an evident symbolic correspondent to flight.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Sounds legit to me. It's a lot like Cleanse the Blood from 1e so there's precedent as well. I'm not sure if the Flight symbol is necessarily represented in the rite itself, though the situation certainly. Unless the concealing of the jar is meant to represent that?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
          Sample rite seems to be missing an evident symbolic correspondent to flight.
          Meant to include part of the ritual wherein the ritemaster runs away with the container (the symbol is supposed to refer to the "Fight or flight" kind of flight).

Fixed now.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
          Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
          He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Here's something I'm trying to work out. A ritual devised by Egyptian and/or Mesopotamian Uratha of ancient times as an alternative to one created by the Nibiru (see LostLight's homebrew hub for more) to contain this monstrous Earthbound Idigam that I thought up.

If anyone's interested in helping me design this rite, I would appreciate it.

-=-

Overcome the Serpent (ooo or ooooo)
            Symbols: Apep, Binding, Light, Purification
            Action: Extended
            Duration: 1 Year

Success:

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Rite I made for my games, using heavily Secondborns for Tribes structure.

Pack Rite - Call Secondborn (****)
              It’s a Rite that summons Secondborn – child wolf-spirit of Firstborn. It’s often used for guidance or marking new Firstborn’s Tribe members initiation with massager that will commune with Firstborn himself. Who, as not his spirit children, can watch out over day to day needs of Tribe under his power?

It’s more demanding version of ShadowCall (see WtF 2E p. 145 ) that summons named Firstborn child spirit.

Symbols: Wolf, Tribe, Firstborn Renown, Tribe’s Sacred Prey

Sample Rite: This is most popular version of rite, often use on Tribe new member initiation. Representation of wolf is circled by ritemaster and his helpers – it can be living wolf, but also can be only approximation, like stuffed or statue. Then Tribe members begin run for the place where locked is Tribe’s Sacred Prey – dead or alive. The first of racers before touching Prey need to do action related to the Renown of Firstborn – and then take Prey to the place of representation of wolf. If rite is successful, Secondborn can Fetter to the representation and bless Tribe members. ( Strength + Athletics)

Action: Extended (20 successes; each roll represents 1 minute); potentially contested by the spirit’s Resistance

Success: This rite targets a Secondborn, after calling his divine parent. The spirit becomes immediately aware once the rite begins, and can try to resist or can voluntarily respond to the call. If the rite succeeds, the spirit immediately appears within a delineated summoning spot that has appropriate Gathra in it. Unlike most rites, the local Gauntlet strength does affect the dice pool for Call Secondborn if the called spirit is on the opposite side of the Gauntlet to the ritemaster when the rite begins.

If the summoning takes place in the material world, the area within the delineated space gains the Open Condition and the spirit appears in Twilight. If it has the Materialize Manifestation, then it may use this power at no cost when it appears.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Pack Rite – Rite of Healing (***)

Said to be most old of all Rites, being created in Pangea itself, it calls the powers of Shadow Realm to heal the wounds of those injured during hunt.

Symbols: Water, Wolf, Cleansing, Healing

Sample Rite: The most common version of this ritual is Rite Master that is cleansing the wounds of the target with fresh water, making new bandages. Pack then invoke various titles of the Wolf in First Tongue. (Presence + Expression)

Cost: 5 Essence per Aggravated wound healed + 1 per day of healings blessing per character

Duration: 1 day per Essence spent

Success: Rite can be performed on many targets at ones. Rite heals instantly number of Aggravated wounds spent in Essence – but pool of them is shared between all targets of Rite, so for example 3 wounds in Essence can heal only 2 wounds of one character and 1 wound of the other. Then starts the blessing on each target – for numbers of days spent, character is healing like Uratha if not being one – or twice better if being Uratha. That means that Uratha character under blessing heals one Aggravated wound in two days and humans here Lethal wound each 15 minutes. In humans it leads to Integrity Breaking Point.

BigDamnHero , what do you think about it?
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-02-2018, 09:36 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  Pack Rite – Rote of Healing (***)

Said to be most old of all Rites, being created in Pangea itself, it calls the powers of Shadow Realm to heal the wounds of those injured during hunt.

Symbols: Water, Wolf, Cleansing, Healing

Sample Rite: The most common version of this ritual is Rite Master that is cleansing the wounds of the target with fresh water, making new bandages. Pack then invoke various titles of the Wolf in First Tongue. (Presence + Expression)

Cost: 5 Essence per Aggravated wound healed + 1 per day of healings blessing per character

Duration: 1 day per Essence spent

Success: Rite can be performed on many targets at ones. Rite heals instantly number of Aggravated wounds spent in Essence – but pool of them is shared between all targets of Rite, so for example 3 wounds in Essence can heal only 2 wounds of one character and 1 wound of the other. The stats the blessing on each target – for numbers of days spent, character is healing like Uratha if not being one – or twice better if being Uratha. That means that Uratha character under blessing heals one Aggravated wound in two days and humans here Lethal wound each 15 minutes. In humans it leads to Integrity Breaking Point.
                  I'd rather just summon and bind a spirit with the heal numina.

Comment

Originally posted by Malus View Post
                    I'd rather just summon and bind a spirit with the heal numina.
                    What would be difference? In WtF 2E and CoD corebooks there is only Regenerate Numina, not Heal one.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Since when are you constrained only by what is printed in specific books, wyrdhamster ?

Comment

Saw this thread, kind of expected to see a bit more rites, but I think I'll add a few ones. These are taken from the Wanton Wicked custom rites and fetish wiki, just giving credit where it's due, left a link for it in case you want to check it out, there are few fetishes, there too.

I added my own translation of the Hallow Touchstone rite, here you have it

Rite of the Essense Jar (••, Wolf)

In the hunt being stranded without essence might not be a direct death sentence but it surely makes life difficult for a werewolf and on top of that some gifts and numina can put a dent on a werewolves inner reserves, because of that shamans came up with this simple but ingenious rite. As the name suggest it creates a container for essence that can be carried on their person to have a bit extra juice available for whatever purpose without risking their inner reserves.

Symbols
                        Containers, Water, filling up the containers, The locus resonance
                        Sample Rite
                        The Aegis pack makes use of a rite involving taking water in a bowl preparing it with some herbs , then taking glass bottles and inscribing sigils of protection on their surface while slowly filling them up with the previously prepared water(Wits+Occult)
                        Action Extended (5 successes per recipient)
                        Duration Month
                        Success
                        Once the rite is finished each bottle starts to fill itself with the essence of the locus over the course of a day, one for each bottle, the essence matchs the locus resonance, each bottle can hold up to three essence points, but the rite can only make a number of bottles equal to the locus rating so a locus with a rating of 2 can only make two bottles. The uratha can “drink” one essence per turn as an instant action, or drink the whole thing as a reflexive action but ony get one essence per bottle. Once a month has passed though, if the bottles have not been used, the essence is lost as it evaporates into the air.

Comment

Working...
                        X