Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just want to share an amazing bit of inspirational material for spirits as a whole.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to share an amazing bit of inspirational material for spirits as a whole.

I am talking about SCP-457, as well as the excellent audio adaptation of the interview with the creature.

If you are ever unsure of how to portray spirits at their most primal (and arguably most terrifying), just read the article and listen to the video.

"Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

That was a really fun video and is good inspiration of a fire spirit. I imagine a fire spirit that despite its high rank shows little of the personality and complexity of many other high ranked spirits. It still maintains its purity, and its singular desire.

Comment

I have today presentation about Werewolf setting and I will TOTALLY use this for it!

MtAw 2E - My Legacies and System Hacks Hubs
      WtF 2E - My Lodges and System Hacks Hubs
      WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

That's rank 3 at most.

Comment

Yes, while the audio is cool it's likely a low rank spirit, very basic in thought processes and influence.

Comment

I especially liked the bit where he was able to find a way to breach containment. Sounds a lot like essence sense to me.

Comment

things like that make me wonder why they don't just kill it. What could they learn from it that could justify keeping this thing

But yeah, definitely fire spirit. Does it sound like it's manifested to you guys, though? I'm not sure.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                things like that make me wonder why they don't just kill it. What could they learn from it that could justify keeping this thing
                because they Secure Contain Protect, they do not kill

Comment

But yeah, definitely fire spirit. Does it sound like it's manifested to you guys, though? I'm not sure.
                  Yeah, like ahather said. Killing the supernatural stuff belongs to another group in the SCPverse (called the Occult something).

I'd say it is using a Manifestation in one way or another, considering people can see and speak with it. The containment procedure doesn't seem to have anything that hints at forcing it to remain visible.

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post

because they Secure Contain Protect, they do not kill
                    They kill (or try to) a bunch of SCPs. They got a whole procedure for taking down reality warpers if they start going into the "mad with power" phase

still. this thing is a constant security hazard that they can easily destroy without any consequences on reality or their research. For once, I'm rooting for Occult. Maybe if someone added some notes on research projects being done to it to the file I'd change my mind, but until then

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
                      I'd say it is using a Manifestation in one way or another, considering people can see and speak with it. The containment procedure doesn't seem to have anything that hints at forcing it to remain visible.
                      What's it using to fuel that constant Manifestation though? the little bit of fuel they give it?

Comment

What's it using to fuel that constant Manifestation though? the little bit of fuel they give it?
                        And now for a crazy idea. Maybe the SCP isn't just a spirit of fire, but a spirit of the dangers of uncontrolled fire. (It was found setting off wildfires, after all) Now, look at the procedures to contain it. A room filled with measures to control and stop fires before it gets out of hand. In other words, a room filled with the concept of "fire is a dangerous thing and thus must be stopped", which is a concept that includes "fire is dangerous", which is part of the spirit's purview, and thus feeds the spirt in a very roundabout way. Now of course, this sort of feeding is highly unstable due to relying on non-intuitive jumps of logic, and thus sooner or later the spirit will become magath......

Comment

And now i'm imagining Smokey the Bear as a Magath that started with a Fire Spirit

Comment

Working...
                          X