X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire Redfield
    started a topic Alpha Predators: The Strongest Werewolves

Alpha Predators: The Strongest Werewolves

Challenge: create a werewolf at the heights of werewolf power. Start with the basic character creation. You gain 45 Experiences to raise Primal Urge to 10. You have 250 Experiences for everything else. You must create an actual character, not a one-dimensional white-room collection of numbers. Describe at least in brief how you might play this character, or her background, fill in some details. Go into as much detail as you like, but give us at least a little context. What can the character do? How have her supernatural strengths and frailties changes her life or distanced her from humanity? Does she embrace her role as an inhuman predator or does she try to stay grounded somehow?

Make the mightiest monster you can. Give it some life and who knows? Maybe one day you'll get to play that character. We can always run through some scenarios once we have some characters and a sense of their place, see what it's like to lead the greatest of sacred hunts.

(Yes, I will participate as well, with my favorite werewolf character: Amari Calls-the-Sun, Hunter in Darkness Ithaeur.)

For the record, here are Experience costs to raise Attributes and Skills (starting at 1 for Skills or the average for Attributes) to maximum:

Attribute (2-10): 32
    Skill (1-10): 18
    Last edited by Claire Redfield; 01-02-2016, 10:46 PM.

• nofather
    replied
    I've been thinking about it too. I wanted to make a proper bale hound version of Malcolm. Though he goes by Max now. I never settled on anything too much, I cribbed some off of Lycaon-Ur, with him being able to send whisperer to harangue those he uses hunter's aspect on (treated as wyrdhamster's Whisperers-as-Conditions idea), any use of willpower would taint an area to be like a wound for a short period of time (a day), and his gauru form looking more demonic as he was attempting to get his 'true name' as a demon written down via a cult.

So many to do. Hopefully I'll get around to it when we get Shunned by the Moon. I've a Pure I've been wanting to do too.

Is Claire still around? I hope my asking about her name didn't drive her away.
    Last edited by nofather; 07-24-2018, 04:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Korogra
    replied
    While this is a Necro, and I apologize for that...I just realized that Claire never showed us a PU 10 Amari... and that sorta sucks because she’s an interesting uratha. That, and this inspired me to try my hand at this too, albeit years later haha...

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Almarck View Post
    Yeah I give this guy good odds of shreding a Tenno. Maybe even a whole cell. Werewolves with personal shields are so much harder to kill.

So what's your personal universe? What kind of werewolf character would come from there'?
    It's pretty much real-world Earth, but set in 2018 (and six years after a big shadow war that shook the World of Darkness). I still have to compile everything, but this universe is partly inspired by elements of various CofD/NWoD campaigns I've seen online, as well as a few shows and games (i.e: Assassin's Creed, The Secret World, Huntik, Gargoyles, etc.). There's also a few Hunter groups that are full-blown "cancer conspiracies" due to having supernatural members. One is essentially my version of the Illuminati.

The other is Tenshin, a hidden organization based in Japan whose hunters are more or less a cross between ninja and samurai (think Warframe and Assassin's Creed, and/or the Shadow Organization from Kekkaishi). I'm still trying to work out their origins, which I know partly stems from the Gimu Compact found in the Dark Eras draft.

The werewolf I'm planning on posting in the future is an ally (or even member) of Tenshin. And a Cahalith of the Hunters in Darkness. I'm still working out his backstory, though, on top of the homebrew Moon Gift he might have, the Gift of the Dreaming Moon.
    Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-25-2016, 11:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Really? Overboard? I'd say Overkill.

And that's a good thing, in this case Damn. Now, I really should stat out one of the Werewolves I have for a CofD universe that's still only in my notes.

Yeah I give this guy good odds of shreding a Tenno. Maybe even a whole cell. Werewolves with personal shields are so much harder to kill.

So what's your personal universe? What kind of werewolf character would come from there'?

Leave a comment:

• Deionscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Almarck View Post
    [FONT=Arial]I present End-to-Sickness-Through-Blood, once a lowly miner by the name of Tero Mir. He is among the survivors from the planet Eris that fell to a biological weapon that is a zombie virus that is very much equivalent to Halo’s Flood. I will warn that with 300 experience and due to the backstory I came up for him, especially since he's in a scifi setting, I might have gone a little... overboard.
    Really? Overboard? I'd say Overkill.

And that's a good thing, in this case Damn. Now, I really should stat out one of the Werewolves I have for a CofD universe that's still only in my notes.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    I present End-to-Sickness-Through-Blood, once a lowly miner by the name of Tero Mir. He is among the survivors from the planet Eris that fell to a biological weapon that is a zombie virus that is very much equivalent to Halo’s Flood. I will warn that with 300 experience and due to the backstory I came up for him, especially since he's in a scifi setting, I might have gone a little... overboard.

Auspice: None • Tribe: Iron Master • Concept: Survivalist Miner

Blood: Fox • Bone: Cub
    Touchstones: The Old Gang • The Buddy Spirit (Hidden Data)
    Aspirations: Win over a new spirit ally • Lead the pack in a rite • Master the pack's territory
    Attributes
    Strength 1/2/4/3/1 • Dexterity 3/3/4/5/5 • Stamina 2/3/4/4/3
    Intelligence 3 • Wits 3 • Resolve 2
    Presence 2 • Manipulation 2/1/2/1/1 • Composure 3
    Skills
    Academics 2 • Computer 2 • Craft 3 (Robotics) • Investigation 0 • Medicine 2 • Occult 0 • Politics 0 • Science 2 (Geology)
    Athletics 0 • Brawl 0 • Drive 3 (Dropships) • Firearms 0 • Larceny 0 • Stealth 0 • Survival 1 • Weaponry 0
    Animal Ken 0 • Empathy 2 • Expression 0 • Intimidate 0 • Persuasion 2 • Socialize 2 • Streetwise 1 • Subterfuge 0
    Merits
    Good Time Management 1
    Crack Driver 3
    Trained Observer 3

Gifts & Rites
    Affinity Gifts: Knowledge, Shaping, Technology/SIZE]
    Knowledge
    Unity (Purity)
    Technology
    Garble (Cunning)
    Rites
    Sacred Hunt, Chain Rage

Renown
    Purity 1
    Glory 0
    Honor 0
    Wisdom 0
    Cunning 1
    Advantages
    Size: 5/6/7/6/4
    Speed: 9/10/13/16/14
    Initiative: 6/6/7/8/8
    Defense: 3/3/3/3/3
    Health: 7/9/11/10/7
    Willpower: 5
    Primal Urge: 1
    Essence: 10/1

Harmony: 3
    Equipment
    Trashed up spacesuit modified to let him breathe even in Gauru, dera plasma rifle

Auspice: Itheaur • Tribe: Iron Master • Concept: Militant Geneticist

Blood: Challenger • Bone: Lone Wolf
    Touchstones: The Old Gang • The Buddy Spirit (Hidden Data)
    Aspirations: Win over a new spirit ally • Lead the pack in a rite • Master the pack's territory
    Attributes
    Strength 7/8/10/9/7 • Dexterity 6/6/7/8/8 • Stamina 6/7/8/8/7
    Intelligence 8 • Wits 6 • Resolve 5
    Presence 2 • Manipulation 2/1/2/1/1 • Composure 6
    Skills
    Academics 7 • Computer 6 (AI) • Craft 7 (Robotics) • Investigation 0 • Medicine 10 (Infestation)• Occult 5 • Politics 0 • Science 2 (Geology)
    Athletics 0 • Brawl 7 (Claws) • Drive 3 (Dropships) • Firearms 6 (Plasma)• Larceny 0 • Stealth 4 • Survival 4 • Weaponry 0
    Animal Ken 3 (Moas) • Empathy 5 • Expression 0 • Intimidate 0 • Persuasion 5 • Socialize 2 • Streetwise 1 • Subterfuge 0
    Merits
    Good Time Management 1
    Crack Driver 3
    Trained Observer 3
    Totem 5
    Efficient Killer 3
    Defensive Combat 1
    Fire Fight 3
    Staff 5
    Contacts (Genelabs) 3
    Contacts (Robotics Company) 3
    Gifts & Rites
    Affinity Gifts: Knowledge, Shaping, Technology/SIZE]
    New Moon
    All
    Knowledge
    All
    Technology
    All
    Elements
    Breath of Air (Cunning)
    Cataclysm (Glory)
    Tongue of Fire (Purity)
    Heart of Water (Wisdom)
    Strength
    Unchained (Cunning)
    Predator’s Unmatched Pursuit (Glory)
    Primal Strength (Purity)
    Rending Claws (Wisdom)
    Warding
    Maze Ward (Cunning)
    All Doors Locked (Honor)
    Predator’s Claim (Purity)

Rites
    Sacred Hunt, Chain Rage

Renown
    Purity 4
    Glory 2
    Honor 2
    Wisdom 5
    Cunning 5
    Advantages
    Speed: 17/18/21/24/22
    Initiative: 12/12/13/14/14
    Defense: 13/13/13/14/14
    Health:11/13/15/14/11
    Willpower: 10
    Primal Urge: 10

Harmony: 4
    Equipment
    Souped up Spacesuit Fetish, Heavily modded Supra Plasma Machinegun, shield generator, grenades, deployable shield drone

Theme:

Description:
    Tero Mir appears to be a caucasian male, as is typical among the Corpus Crewmen.
    In his original state, he was typical and bland for a Crewman. Nearly shaved head with dark hair, oversized shoulders, skinny and pale due to lack of sunlight exposure. His space suit is normal, and is approximately
    After the fall of Eris and his subsequent decision to quest to restore his homeworld, Tero gradually let his hair down until it became a thick and untamed mane. His perplexion changes to be incredibly tan if perhaps a little too tan. And lastly, his body grows massively more muscled and fit to account for the the fact that he’s been training and fighting his way whilst scrounging for a living.
    Background:
    Tero Mir grew up on Eris, a distant and far flung dwarf planet at the edge of the solar system, so far away that the sun looked to be a distant star from the perspective of anyone there. His home was a colonial biodome and for the most part, he was raised to be a miner like his parents were, learning about geology and machinery to make a living. He wasn’t particularly rich or poor for a Corpus, in all, one could call him average.
    He enlisted into the Crewman corp relatively early so that he might leave his homeworld, but during his first year of service, due to the experiments of a rogue Corpus leader, his planet had been overrun by an ancient Orokin bioweapon known as the Infestation. The virus was potent, not just capable overwhelming and converting flesh into fleshy horrors, but also capable of subverting machinery and even spaceships.
    Hundreds of infested vessels crashed onto Eris or attempted to seize the orbital defenses, letting out billions of nanoscopic spores in the process. Eris was swiftly consumed within hours, with everyone and everything in or near the planet being eaten and turned into horrors.
    It was in this state of turmoil, that Tero underwent the First Change. The ship that he served on was one of the first, receiving a distress beacon that unbeknownst to everybody was actually a carrier for an infestation virus that overwhelmed the entire lower Deck. Tero was forced to use his Dera on former coworkers and was forced to keep moving as the ship was being slowly consumed from the inside out. But before he could get himself towards a dropship and flee, a sudden growth of the infestation blocked his way whilst dozens of former allies came to convert him. The stress finally got him there, with a fury that could never explain even now, he destroyed them, busted the walls that stood in his way, and then boarded a ship, the infestation no longer able to subvert him in scince then. He wasn’t sure how he was able to pilot the thing given he was a raging monster, but he wasn’t complaining.
    After Eris’s fall, the other factions of the Origin System began to adjust its security and strengthened the worlds in their control; Eris was left overrun. However, Tero never forgot the screams and the sight of his world dying.
    After a few weeks wandering the Solar System, not quite sure of what to do with himself especially since everyone he knew died, and fearful of what he had become and unwilling to speak to other Corpus, he eventually found himself on Earth. There, he discovered who he really was: Uratha, a werewolf. He learned about the Mythic history of his race, the power that he now wielded, and the willingness of his new brothers to aid him. Given renewed vigor, Tero began to call himself End-to-Sickness-Through-Blood, for the Infestation had become his enemy.
    After a length of time adjusting to his new found abilities, Tero began to learn what he could. Using specialized neural training tools that the Corpus were known for, he accelerated his acquisition of knowledge and skill. As he grew more confident on his skills and abilities, he and his packmates began securing a name and a place for themselves. They fought Grineer on several ocassions, at one point managing to steal and strip down a whole Galleon. They helped out in a few of the times Mars was nearly taken by the Infestation, sneaking explosives onboard ships and leaving without a trace. They even once managed to claw their way into the Void by hitching a ride on a Grineer Void Key and came out of it earning a sizable chunk of Forma and Orokin artifacts. Their most dangerous encounter was against an eight machine unit of assassination robots codenamed Hyenas.
    When the Moon fell out of the Void and was returned to the Origin System allowing the once bareskinned Forsaken to reclaim the power of the Auspices, Tero was made into an Itheaur.
    Taking the reapparance of the moon as a sign, Tero called to his pack to and asked them to undetake the most dangerous quest of all.
    The Liberation of Eris had then become Tero’s sole mission in life and during his adventures he made contact with several other refugees, a few of them willing to avenge their homeworld.
    Tero Mir would take his understanding of robotics and medicine and rid the Solar System of the disease.

Abilities:
    End-to-Sickness is a gifted doctor and machinist, though is no slouch when it comes to fighting.
    He has honed his intellect to a superhuman degree in an effort to understand what had happened to his homeworld and perhaps in some vain hope, to cure it. At the same time, he has taken some time to study more about the traditional Corpus tools, robotics and artificial intelligences. This is further improved by his mastery of the Knowledge gift, allowing him to control information in a variety of esoteric ways.
    After his decision to reclaim his homeland, Tero had outfitted himself the best Corpus technology his platinum could buy: an executive class space suit that had been modified and converted into a Fetish to allow him use in Gauru form, a powerful military grade personal shield that can deflect plasma and ballistics alike, and a heavy plasma machine gun.
    Of course, like any self respecting werewolf, End-to-Sickness prefers to end the lives of his enemies up close and personal with his claws. He is not the same lowly crewman who only knew how to stand and shoot like a moa so long ago, especially since with Primal Strength he can became stronger than what the best combat cybernetics in the Solar System can bestow.
    Backing up his physical and mental might is his completely mastery over machinery through the Technology gift. Should he need to, he can cause destruction on a wide scale through the use of elements. With Warding, he can prevent prey from escaping… or deny intruders the jump on him.
    Overall, one should be glad End-to-Sickness is primarly focused on fighting a disease.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post
    Historical or futuristic characters are perfectly acceptable.

Excellent, I'll get to work soon.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Redfield
    replied
    Historical or futuristic characters are perfectly acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Hm. Would anyone object if I increase the challenge Experiences level to 300 or more?

Is there a rule that this character has to be from the modern day?
    I'm honestly tempted to write a character for my setting project in my sig... which would make this guy someone from the far future.
    And of course, someone might be tempted to write someone from ancient history.
    Last edited by Almarck; 01-22-2016, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thorbes
    replied
    I'm working on mine. It's a bit Deviant-ish in that is a kind of experiement going horribly right and bitting Cheiron in the ass (and neck). 300? More fun to play.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    Hm. Would anyone object if I increase the challenge Experiences level to 300 or more?

Go ahead. More crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Redfield
    replied
    Last edited by Claire Redfield; 01-21-2016, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Redfield
    replied
    Here is Amari Calls-the-Sun as a starting character. She is an Ithaeur of the Hunters of Darkness. As you can see, I went for a more well-rounded approach. Before the First Change she was, believe it or not, a librarian while studying in college. The setting she's from is in the Cascades, so she has a bit of a rugged, outdoorsy bent. Her Native heritage is not immediately obvious, but it informs a lot of her spirituality before the Change.

Auspice: Ithaeur • Tribe: Hunters in Darkness • Concept: Mystic Wolf
    Blood: Seeker • Bone: Guru
    Touchstones: The Locus • The Ex (Jessica Bailey)

Attributes
    Strength 2/3/5/4/2 • Dexterity 3/3/4/5/5 • Stamina 2/3/4/4/3
    Intelligence 3 • Wits 3 • Resolve 2
    Presence 2 • Manipulation 1/0/1/0/0 • Composure 3

Skills
    Academics 3 (Research) • Computer 0 • Craft 2 • Investigation 2 • Medicine 1 • Occult 3 (Spirits) • Politics 1 • Science 0
    Athletics 2 • Brawl 1 • Drive 0 • Firearms 0 • Larceny 0 • Stealth 0 • Survival 1 • Weaponry 0
    Animal Ken 1 • Empathy 2 • Expression 3 (Singing) • Intimidate 0 • Persuasion 0 • Socialize 1 • Streetwise 0 • Subterfuge 0

Merits
    Area of Expertise 1 (Occult: Spirits)
    Dedicated Locus 1
    Fleet of Foot 2
    Indomitable 2
    Moon-Kissed 1 (Occult)
    Safe Place 1
    Totem 2

Gifts & Rites
    Affinity Gifts: Elemental, Nature, Shaping, Stealth, Warding

Crescent Moon
    Shadow Gaze
    Spirit Whispers

Shaping
    Perfection of Form (Purity)

Warding
    Boundary Ward (Wisdom)

Rites
    Sacred Hunt

Renown
    Purity 1
    Glory 0
    Honor 0
    Wisdom 2
    Cunning 0

Advantages
    Speed: 12/13/16/19/17
    Initiative: 6/6/7/8/8
    Defense: 5/5/5/5/5
    Health: 7/9/11/10/7
    Willpower: 5
    Primal Urge: 1

Harmony: 7

Equipment
    General survival equipment, such as knives or crafted spears, plus flashlights, hiking gear, etc.

Theme: Song of the Caged Bird - Lindsey Stirling

Description:
    Amari is tall and slender, with long, toned limbs and a graceful step. Her deep blue eyes glint with wisdom that belies her years (she's not yet reached her 20th birthday). With her fair skin and long, dark hair, highlighted in platinum, she cuts a striking figure, whether in the library or clad for a hike in the forested hills.

Background:
    Amari grew up troubled. Raised by a single mother, she never knew her father, nor did she have any siblings. Amari also saw facets of the world everyone else seemed blind to; as a child she would sometimes remark upon an object feeling sad about not being used for its intended purpose, or that the trees and the wind had voices of their own. As a result, she had few friends and grew up isolated, turning to books and songs for exploring the world. Her mother did her best to raise her, but Amari still grew up poor, though she wanted for little—her sights were set not on smartphones or expensive toys, but musty tomes and dusty relics. The secrets and shadows called to her, promising knowledge and the power that comes with it, the only kind of power she has ever known.

When the First Change came, it was not a violent affair full of Rage and blood. Months turned to years and the voices returned. The visions of faces in the walls and tree-trunks and the whispers of wind and wave, she could not ignore them. They seemed stronger than when she was a kid with her foolish notions and odd sense of spirituality. As she struggled to focus in school amid the distractions, life at home became even more troubled. Her mother took ill, a strange malady that withered her mind and body. The local free clinic couldn't help, and they hadn't the money to seek out more expensive treatments. Amari knew, though, that something was wrong. The disease spoke in its evil voice, and a cloud of hungry spirits hovered just beyond perception like flies buzzing on a carcass. On the eve of her eighteenth birthday, Amari's mother succumbed to the disease. The spirit, grown fat on the Essence of her suffering, then turned on Amari. Her life seemingly shattered, Amari looked upon the crescent moon—and the Moon looked back. The First Change came, gripping her in a swirl of Essence and otherworldly perception. Even the Rage of her Gauru form as she lashed out at the spirit was subdued, a haze of stars and reflective thought clouding her mind. Everything seemed surreal, distant, but she heard the voices all and understood.

Amari spent the night in a daze, wandering from form to form and in and out of the Hisil. The spirit of her mother appeared to her to guide her that night through the forest realms on both sides of the Gauntlet. As night finally relented she stood alone on a hilltop deep in a forest clearing, howling in Urhan to greet the sun. So her pack-to-be found her, and so did she earn her name. The pack needed her, more than they ever knew: thoughtful and wise, but young and eager, she embodied the aspects of Harmony they struggled with most. While she was not the warrior that some of her packmates were, she knew the land better than they, and she knew the ways of spirits from both instinct and lore. She was wiser, and often kinder, more prone to deep thoughts and seeing the world from angles even other werewolves rarely considered. In time, she became as much of a leader as Peter, their Rahu, leading by a strength of will and a mastery of knowledge, a more subtle but powerful strength that even the blindest warrior could see.

So began the tale of Amari Calls-the-Sun.

Abilities:
    Amari is especially good at finding out information and has some athletic ability (which will continue to grow), being swift and agile. Amari is quite knowledgeable about spirits and the Hisil, and helps tend to the pack's territory and locus. She can fashion her own tools and shape them by spirit-magic, perform the Rite of the Sacred Hunt, and suss out the resonance of a place. Amari's greatest contribution to the pack's strength is not tooth and claw, but her knowledge, thoughtfulness, and keen perception. She favors Hishu and Urhan forms equally, but uses every form when necessary—thought she rarely has a need for Gauru and prefers to avoid its mindless Rage. Her wards often support the pack's growing territory and enable them to more easily hunt their chosen prey, whatever it may be.
    Last edited by Claire Redfield; 01-21-2016, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    This still ongoing?

Sorry I haven't been around to take advantage of it, but I needed a withdrawal from the forums to take care of the binge I did have back during the buyout scare.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X