Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting my Werewolf AP - The Seventh Seal

Dear friends,

I'd like to humbly submit this game, played between myself and my dear friend Mr. Shopping (whom you may recognize as the ST from Detroit Rock City http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...Rock-City-quot), as an example of Werewolf 2nd ed, but with a number of changes and leftovers from 1st ed that I liked, such as the harmony system and certain aspects of the background story.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...e-Seventh-Seal

This game takes place in January of 2015 in the Windy City, a year after interpack conflict in the city reduced the Forsaken's numbers. Increasingly insular behavior, a seedy and deceptive Shadow, and pressure from Anshega and Hosts that see opportunities on Lake Michigan's shoreline make Chicago a less-than-friendly place to be a lone wolf, let alone unaligned with either side in the eternal war between Urdaga and Anshega.

Mr. Shopping's character, the star of this game is Lilly-Jane White, a lone Ghost Wolf Ithaeur who has prospered at the University of Chicago and created a relatively safe, coveted territory all on her own. Otherwise known as the White-Witch, she is well-loved by spirits and popular with people on her campus...Despised by the wider Uratha world, especially the Urdaga.

What a coincidence, I just started reading it over there.

Always good to see Werewolf Actual Plays.

Comment

How exciting! Thank you. I'm going to try and update it weekly and bring in more art, maybe share some more of the maps that I use for clarity's sake.

Comment

That would be really cool.

Comment

Interesting to see how the characters turn out! Always nice to see what you and Mr. Shopping write Visk.

Comment

Thank you Aynie! Just finished up with some major worky crap, going back home to USA now, so we've had some time to make something happen

Comment

Well, what a compelling read. Pangur is a thing of brilliance. Kudos to you and Mr. Shopping, viskarenvisla.

Comment

I absolutely love the idea of Spirit Claimed Golems, genius.

Comment

I am moved. Thank you all so much for your kind words. Honestly after the epic that was Detroit Rock City I was a little reluctant about putting my own AP up on the internet. Let us watch as Mr. Shopping prowls ever further into this world of unraveling darkness and fires in the cold...

Comment

I wanted to leave you guys with something to look at, possibly to help you with your own gaming if you haven't used it.

I tend to use google maps to create environments, mark territories, and store information for my characters to check on missions. I got my inspiration from this from a variety of video games like, like Assassin's Creed, Shadows of Mordor, The Witcher 3, etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...to&usp=sharing

Comment

Your Danny character is pretty intriguing, hope to learn more about him and hope he grows into something greater. I remember Mr. Shopping saying in the Detroit Rock City game there was a "hidden" loyalty mechanic for NPCs, when it got to a certain level, it would unlock certain bonuses pertaining to that NPC. Has that feature been kept for Seventh Seal?

Comment

Doctor Crimson,

I'm glad you like Danny. I had a moment of inspiration when I came up with him, and I'm glad that he gets to appear in Seventh Seal.

As for the loyalty mechanic, yes, it's definitely there. Of course, LJ, as you've seen, is not very fond of other wolves, which means that those who partner up with her are likely either going to be unusual ghost wolves (perhaps like Danny), Wolfbloods, other creatures of the night, or spirits. The loyalty mechanic comes into effect for those who actually end up as her 'pack' for lack of a better term...if she succeeds.

As for Danny's background? I'm curious myself if LJ will learn more about it. She already has a lot on her plate as a lone wolf, even with all her spirit buddies' support.

Comment

Originally posted by viskarenvisla View Post
                          Doctor Crimson,

I'm glad you like Danny. I had a moment of inspiration when I came up with him, and I'm glad that he gets to appear in Seventh Seal.

As for the loyalty mechanic, yes, it's definitely there. Of course, LJ, as you've seen, is not very fond of other wolves, which means that those who partner up with her are likely either going to be unusual ghost wolves (perhaps like Danny), Wolfbloods, other creatures of the night, or spirits. The loyalty mechanic comes into effect for those who actually end up as her 'pack' for lack of a better term...if she succeeds.

As for Danny's background? I'm curious myself if LJ will learn more about it. She already has a lot on her plate as a lone wolf, even with all her spirit buddies' support.

Completely bizarre to see Danny again. Do I get to roll to resist Death Rage if he hits on LJ?

Comment

Dearest Aynie,

Haha, not to worry -too- much. LJ really despises other wolves for the most part and finds the idea of a relationship with one revolting - you might remember that guy from the intro story, Bryan. An ill-fated love attempt from an Iron Master, complete with white roses and music, ending only in silver gunfire and disgrace.

No, you'll Deathrage for other reasons :3

Comment

The biggest thing I've missed in your other APs was that there was so much running around to different places that it was really hard to get a strong sense of the whole "this is my domain and I'm going to protect it with my life" thing.

So I love LJ and the University so much. Very very awesome.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                              An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                              Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X