No announcement yet.

Presenting my Werewolf AP - The Seventh Seal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounded like a Changeling thing to me, to be honest. Hard to tell, though, with the information Lilith has.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
    An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
    Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Errol, I wouldn't say you're too far off. I drew a great deal of inspiration from Changeling HOWEVER - not all Supernaturals in WoD exist in a fashion that LJ would meet them. Most, I'd say, I simply don't use. Changeling likely won't make any appearances, definitely out are (new) Demon, Promethean, Beasts, Mummies, Sin-Eaters, and other minor ones I can't remember. Confirmed existing are Vampires (I lean toward nWoDizing Masquerade), Hunters...And there are other beings in there. There may be things from Dragon: the Coil if LJ ever happens upon them.

Posting more tonight. Come one come all and feast.

Comment

More Seventh Seal posted. More to come!!!

Comment

Gotta say, loving the story so far. Permission to steal liberally from this for my home game? I too have difficulty figuring out how to deal with spirits, but when playing with you I never really got that impression. I must say your efforts here have paid off in quality. Well done.

Comment

Hail to thee, yes of course you may steal. Go ahead and use it as inspiration if you wish, twist as you please. Enjoy, and thanks for asking.

Comment

Chapter 2 is ended. More to come.

Comment

Quick note to deliver accolades: your writing is excellent and the characterization is especially strong. I'm grateful for the strong presentation of spirits and the Hisil, as that's an area I've struggled with, personally. Makes me wonder a bit, however, if the way LJ treats them partially explains their humanity--in a "rubbing off" kind of way.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
                  Quick note to deliver accolades: your writing is excellent and the characterization is especially strong. I'm grateful for the strong presentation of spirits and the Hisil, as that's an area I've struggled with, personally. Makes me wonder a bit, however, if the way LJ treats them partially explains their humanity--in a "rubbing off" kind of way.

--Khanwulf

Well well well! Somebody noticed this! Color me pleased yes. The way that LJ treats them humanizes them, but it's also a matter of perspective that I've been able to express because this is a solo game. To those Wolves who are very comfortable with spirits and are deeply set in their humanity, like LJ is, the spirits they interact with regularly will start to interact with them in a way that is highly relatable. Now an Uratha who is comfortable with spirits but who lives in a forested territory, lives mostly as a wolf and views the world in terms of 'wolf' sensibilities will find the spirits interacting with them in a way more focused on their wolven nature - less ambiguous, more 'natural', much more predator-prey focus. Spirits are highly malleable, impressionable things, and as quantum mechanics seems influenced by observers, Hisil mechanics are influenced by interactors.

Thank you, by the way, for your kind words, it is deeply flattering to both Shopping and myself and very rewarding to know that people are enjoying our game. I just got done moving, so we're gonna start back up and deliver some more game. What's going to come next? LJ has met The Old Man...What lies ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by viskarenvisla View Post

Well well well! Somebody noticed this! Color me pleased yes. The way that LJ treats them humanizes them, but it's also a matter of perspective that I've been able to express because this is a solo game. To those Wolves who are very comfortable with spirits and are deeply set in their humanity, like LJ is, the spirits they interact with regularly will start to interact with them in a way that is highly relatable. Now an Uratha who is comfortable with spirits but who lives in a forested territory, lives mostly as a wolf and views the world in terms of 'wolf' sensibilities will find the spirits interacting with them in a way more focused on their wolven nature - less ambiguous, more 'natural', much more predator-prey focus. Spirits are highly malleable, impressionable things, and as quantum mechanics seems influenced by observers, Hisil mechanics are influenced by interactors.
                    This is an astute observation, and a bit of distilled Hisil wisdom worth savoring for its application in-game. Makes spirits (the by-far #1 most viscerally terrifying element of the CofD, to me) more handle-able as a Storyteller. Thanks!

Thank you, by the way, for your kind words, it is deeply flattering to both Shopping and myself and very rewarding to know that people are enjoying our game. I just got done moving, so we're gonna start back up and deliver some more game. What's going to come next? LJ has met The Old Man...What lies ahead?
                    Looking forward to it. You and Shopping are spending a lot of time on smaller interactions that help to pull the character along as a person, and that's commendable. It also shows off the characterization, in particular you've done well and practiced something many find very hard: showing (rather than telling) characters as angry, emotional and unstable people--deeply wounded and unhinged.

Also sensing a big dose of Fallen London in the current threads.... Anyway, inspiring to see good work and may nudge me to put an old campaign up sooner or later.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Thanks Khanwulf. A lot of the credit goes to my dear friend, fellow gamer, and ST Aynie. She helped drive home the idea of perspective for me, and it influenced how I view spirit interactions.

More to come my astute friends! LJ prepares to go into the Sea Beneath while handling troubles above.

Comment

Greetings delicious friends.

More Seventh Seal posted.

Comment

Even -more- Seventh Seal!!!

Comment

Awesome!

And... hurr.. that shofar?! Well done. I may have to borrow that idea later (much later) for Dark Eras play. When I need an apocalyptic McGuffin. That's suckers got history streaming off it.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
                              Awesome!

And... hurr.. that shofar?! Well done. I may have to borrow that idea later (much later) for Dark Eras play. When I need an apocalyptic McGuffin. That's suckers got history streaming off it.

--Khanwulf
                              Hahaha, I'm glad you like it. The Shofar, the Amulet, the Torah...all quite powerful in their own right. The Shofar is the most obvious of them. It, like the Old Man, has a lot of history surrounding it.

Comment

Come one, come all - LJ has finally marshaled the power of her spirit, gathered enough Ulal, and rolled some good rolls...and she's destroyed the massive pillar of ice that was hanging out in the library! Check out the log to see what she discovered beneath

Comment

Working...
                                X