X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amechra
    started a topic [Werewolf/Exalted 2e Terrible Idea] Yozi Gifts

[Werewolf/Exalted 2e Terrible Idea] Yozi Gifts

So, I was musing about stuff earlier this week, and it hit me that you can totally draw mental parallels between Infernals and Werewolves, in terms of "get their powers from elsewhere, embedded in their souls, themed around spiritual entities". So I thought that, hey, maybe some Gifts themed around the Yozi wouldn't be terribly amiss.

It'd make a neat side point - maybe they're Gifts that you get from an Idigam or an Abyssal Entity.

Unfortunately... I'm a bit stuck. I have a couple of ideas for a few Gifts... but I'm too unfamiliar with the Gift list to ensure that I'm not coming up with overlaps. Also, I just used Charm names from Exalted as reminders to myself of what stuff does - there are more wolf-y names I could use when it comes time.

But hey, here's what I've thought of so far:

Gift of Adorjan
    • Wretched Hateful Noise (Cunning) :- Enhances hearing to a terrifying degree; sound becomes another Kuruth trigger.
    • Self As Cyclone Stance (Glory) :- Autofire with your Brawl attacks- 1 Essence for a Medium burst, 5 Essence for a long burst. If you split the attacks, you can move between them.
    • Tragic Love Amusement (Honor) :- Lets you add another character to the pack, and then immediately calls the Sacred Hunt on them.
    • Wind Borne Stride (Purity) :- Multiply your speed for the purposes of movement by [Purity + 1] on any turn where you Dodge.
    • Broken Souls Wisdom (Wisdom) :- Give someone a Ban - mortals that break the Ban are subject to Lunacy.

Gift of Cecelyne
    Sublimation of Ordained Purpose (Cunning) :- Requests that would fulfil another character's Aspirations open doors equal to Cunning instead of just one.
    Demonic Primacy of Essence (Purity) :- Your Purity counts twice when determining your effective Rank. If your effective Rank exceeds a Spirit's by 2 (3?), you can engage in Social Maneuvering without giving gathra.

Gift of She Who Lives In Her Name
    Cosmic Transcendence of (Renown) (Purity):- Boosts your Auspice Renown like woah. You get a Kuruth trigger and Blood Archetype appropriate to the Renown, and... stuff.

• ZealousChristian24
    replied
    Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

And out of curiosity, who would that be in Forsaken? I'm not really versed in the lore but kind of curious.
    I think it's a reference to a major character in one of 2e's Hunting Grounds. More specifically, he's an ancient Uratha who runs a Lodge that dominates the area, and is also a cult centered around the idea that eating the flesh of men and wolves is a holy sacrament. He's also developing strange powers and in general is warping into something else.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by amechra View Post

My original thought was something along the lines of "what if God Machine is Ottocobbles", and then I thought of having the Yozi piggyback their way into the setting as high-rank Idigam or Pangaeans.

And... I just had the image of an Adorjan Host - it's a breeze that fills your lungs, breaks you down, and bursts out as a scarlet, razor-sharp wind. Good luck punching the wind, werewolves.
    Now that is a funny image, when one stops to think of how utterly schizo and unreliable the God Machine seems to be and while i'll admit Auto's sub-gods can be problematic too, the God Machine can make Adorjan seem somewhat centered and focused by comparison. Sometimes i suspect the God Machine - supposing it's even real and not some utterly ludricous mash-up of loads of things that should never have been wired - might be some sort of scattered and at the same time autophagic cosmic force not unlike Forsaken's Sharta hosts.

But yeah, it can certainly be used as excuse/expy for moribund Auto for the Yozis and other Exalted fluff to be piggybacked into.

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

And out of curiosity, who would that be in Forsaken? I'm not really versed in the lore but kind of curious.

Well, while the Yozis have certainly demonic qualities, i don't quite see them really quite fitting with Inferno, the Maejlin or their connections to Vice per se.
    Couldn't they be something displaced/imprisoned beyond the world, in a way akin to the Idigam's exile in the Moon perhaps?
    My original thought was something along the lines of "what if God Machine is Ottocobbles", and then I thought of having the Yozi piggyback their way into the setting as high-rank Idigam or Pangaeans.

And... I just had the image of an Adorjan Host - it's a breeze that fills your lungs, breaks you down, and bursts out as a scarlet, razor-sharp wind. Good luck punching the wind, werewolves.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by Ephsy View Post

Or Lykaon.

Well, while the Yozis have certainly demonic qualities, i don't quite see them really quite fitting with Inferno, the Maejlin or their connections to Vice per se.
    Couldn't they be something displaced/imprisoned beyond the world, in a way akin to the Idigam's exile in the Moon perhaps?
    Last edited by Baaldam; 04-13-2016, 03:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ManusDomine
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post

It's tough, the book really sets a high bar. I like them, but I don't have an eye for mechanics.

I can do vampire things, and I can do Mage things, and basically any other system really.

I can even do Exalted things!

But Werewolf things make me want give up the moment I even think of writing the things.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by ManusDomine View Post
    Note, I am really bad at writing Gifts.
    It's tough, the book really sets a high bar. I like them, but I don't have an eye for mechanics.

Leave a comment:

• ManusDomine
    replied
    Originally posted by amechra View Post
    Gift of Adorjan
    • Wretched Hateful Noise (Cunning) :- Enhances hearing to a terrifying degree; sound becomes another Kuruth trigger.
    • Self As Cyclone Stance (Glory) :- Autofire with your Brawl attacks- 1 Essence for a Medium burst, 5 Essence for a long burst. If you split the attacks, you can move between them.
    • Tragic Love Amusement (Honor) :- Lets you add another character to the pack, and then immediately calls the Sacred Hunt on them.
    • Wind Borne Stride (Purity) :- Multiply your speed for the purposes of movement by [Purity + 1] on any turn where you Dodge.
    • Broken Souls Wisdom (Wisdom) :- Give someone a Ban - mortals that break the Ban are subject to Lunacy.
    Gift of Adorjan
    • Wretched Hateful Noise (Cunning) :-
    As the embodiment of silence, Adorjan senses her antithesis with unparalleled sensitivity.
    Cost: None
    Duration: Permanent
    The Uratha's hearing becomes extremely enhanced, she may completely ignore the Blinded Tilt, and can hear any noise higher than a whisper within ([Cunning] * 100) yards of herself, however sound higher than normal conversation, becomes incredibly painful to her, and counts as a Kuruth Trigger. Any time she suffers the Deafened Tilt she also takes a point of bashing damage.

• Self As Cyclone Stance (Glory) :-
    There is stillness. And then there is storm.
    Cost: 1 Essence or 5 Essence
    Action: Instant
    Duration: Instant
    The Uratha is hastened by the swiftness of Adorjan, allowing her to Autofire with her Brawl attacks, this Gift causes her to make a Medium burst for 1 Essence, or a Long burst for 5 Essence. If she splits the attacks between different enemies, she may move up to her Speed between them.

• Tragic Love Amusement (Honor) :-
    Sometimes, Adorjan falls in love. Her hate is safer.
    Cost: 1 Essence
    Action: Reflexive
    Duration: Scene
    This Gift immediately adds a target that the Uratha can see to her pack, and then immediately grants the Siskur-Dah Condition with regards to this Gift's target to all other members of her pack, including herself, but not the target of this Gift. For the duration of this Gift, it is no longer a Harmony Breaking Point to kill a packmember, but only if it is this Gift's target that is killed.

• Wind Borne Stride (Purity) :-
    Where Adorjan blows, few can run fast or far enough to escape her touch.
    Cost: None
    Duration: Permanent
    This Gift multiplies the Uratha's speed by (Purity + 1) on any turn where she dodges, as well as allow her to apply her Defense against firearms for that single turn.

• Broken Souls Wisdom (Wisdom) :-
    Tragedy inspires the best in people. The weak graciously perish to make way for the strong, who rise above opposition and adversity to achieve greatness and ultimately perpetuate that hardship upon their enemies.
    Cost: 1 Essence
    Dice Pool: Presence + Intimidation + Wisdom versus Composure + Primal Urge
    Action: Contested
    Duration: One month per success in excess of the target's successes.
    This Gift forces a character to gain a Ban as defined by the Uratha, such as "Do not eat meat" or "Jump three times and spin around when you go through a door." If the target is mortal, they suffer Lunacy if they break their Ban.
    _

Note, I am really bad at writing Gifts.

Leave a comment:

• amechra
    replied
    Originally posted by Almarck View Post
    .... This makes me wish for Gifts from the Chaos Gods

Hey Amechra, maybe Cosmic Transcendance can be taken multiple timeS?
    Do you really want to be Renown Wolf? All Renown, all the time?

Then sure.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    .... This makes me wish for Gifts from the Chaos Gods

Hey Amechra, maybe Cosmic Transcendance can be taken multiple timeS?

Leave a comment:

• Monghani
    replied
    Yeah, a way to go about it would be to create Shadow Gifts relating to the Mael'jin with each other granting a Gift tailored to their represented Vice. That Wounds only started appearing after Father Wolf's death could mean their bonds are loosening and they're reaching out from their ancient prison. Wound-Tainted spirits and such becoming demoniacs in their thrall and such.

You've sent my mind down a wonderful path.

Leave a comment:

• Ephsy
    replied
    Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
    You could certainly include Yozis in Werewolf cosmology. Make them gods of the Shadow kept under lock and key by Father Wolf's actions, but have been slowly wriggling their chains apart, and attracting a few crazy or misguided Werewolves to their cause.

Which sounds a lot like the Maeljin, actually.
    Or Lykaon.

Leave a comment:

• malonkey1
    replied
    You could certainly include Yozis in Werewolf cosmology. Make them gods of the Shadow kept under lock and key by Father Wolf's actions, but have been slowly wriggling their chains apart, and attracting a few crazy or misguided Werewolves to their cause.

Which sounds a lot like the Maeljin, actually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X