Pangaea Unleashed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    How then who? Souless Wolf, looking for his lost Soul, to remake it in to Malejin Tainted Mother Wolf! ( Yes, finally I have mine endgame for Bale Hounds game! )
    Awesome. Sounds like it'll be fun.

Let's see, if I was going to do something with a grisly reanimated undead Father Wolf, I'm not sure what I'd do. I've thought about having him be possessed by something of the Abyss and rising as a dead Wolf God whose slavering maw opens into oblivion. Perhaps the Abyss is the First Wound, and at its heart lies the festering carcass of the greatest Pangaean. The nice thing about mythic history, and especially the time-defying breaking of the Time Before, is that you can really play around with different ideas.

If I'm exploring my visions of Apocalypse elements in the Chronicles, Father Wolf would definitely play a part. Perhaps as a body for Umarah, the Wyrm, a vessel by which it might devour all creation and render it into nothing. Maybe the werewolves could prevent that, perhaps by restoring Urfarah before it's too late. Or maybe that would only worsen things, as Urfarah turns his rage to the modern world, perhaps to his own descendants. Another option might be to restore the Border Marches, or even take it further, and swell that realm until it encompasses the world. Maybe that's the way the world once was, the way it's supposed to be. Or maybe even that is a lie or half-truth. There's really a lot of potential to explore many story options here.

Freelancer • Available for work!

Comment

Right, so, for starters I'm working on statting up the Pangaeans Fox and Harvest, and some sample spirits. As noted before, these are all unofficial.

Originally posted by nofather View Post

While the Beshilu and Azlu Hosts seem to spawn from a single source, Uratha and the Gudthabak have other patrons. The Moon and the Sun,
      ​Note that the gudthabak do *not* have the patronage of Helios during the Sundered World period.

- Chris Allen, Aberrant Line Developer, Freelance Writer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
        Right, so, for starters I'm working on statting up the Pangaeans Fox and Harvest, and some sample spirits. As noted before, these are all unofficial.
        Thanks 1000% for having more than an animal Pangaean. Really looking forward to these.

​Note that the gudthabak do *not* have the patronage of Helios during the Sundered World period.
        Okay, I wasn't sure about that. I thought that they had perhaps gained Helios' patronage later, which is why their numbers stabilized, but it looked like the last of the Possible Resolutions went through, so maybe they had already had it. Thanks for clearing that up.
        Last edited by nofather; 03-31-2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Niiice.

... Would it be possible to see some of the Firstborn? I am really curious about Sky Hunter in particular.

Comment

I am so happy with this end result. Hearing more about non-animal Pangaeans would be awesome.

Also, so glad that I didn't accidentally end the thread. Sometimes I'll comment on one and it will immediately wither and die, so really glad it sparked a discussion instead!

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              Border Marches = Primal Wild? Supernal World?
              Very definitely no. The Fallen World is way too complicated for one-to-ones.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Damn, really wanted to see Great Mountain. I have a crazy idea that he's the God Machine and when Pangaea broke he was on the Flesh side. So he has to abide by the rules of this reality. Now the earthen works he forced people to build are Infrastructure, and the Aether he harvests to fuel his machinations is the naturally occurring essence of the mortal world. The earth elementals are now angels modeled after the Quashmallim. Madness ensues.

EDIT: I'm definitely down for seeing Fox, though. After watching Teen Wolf and reading about the Utu Sizen from Skinchangers I was really thinking about Nogitsune being hunted down by Father Wolf, but his brother(Inari) begged for his life. So Father Wolf shattered him and forced the shards to serve those they had hurt the most. So these people have a shard of the Void Fox inside of them, and if their Integrity dips too low it takes over and the real fun begins.

I'd love to see how Fox works and what I can do to use the story with him instead. Damn Mages. :/
                Last edited by Monghani; 03-31-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

So.
                  Pangaeans can use Arcana.
                  Some of the Changing Breeds, who are also half-spirit-half-flesh things can use Beast Magic.
                  Interesting. Isn't it?

(And yes, I know the book is bad, but that doesn't mean it never existed. It IS worth thinking about.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                    [Pangeans]'re mostly like spirits, but they're solid instead of being made of ephemera. They're the native beings of the Border Marches, the world that sits between the material and Shadow, until Father Wolf's death destroys it and turns it into the Gauntlet.
                    Originally posted by Claire Redfield View Post
                    Also, it's implied that the Uratha are actually natives of Pangaea, which is an interesting thought. Their ancestral realm is gone, or at least collapsed into a membrane between worlds. What if you could reopen it?
                    I recall from the Summoners book something about things still living in the Gauntlet itself. How do these things tie together?

Comment

Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post
                      So.
                      Pangaeans can use Arcana.
                      Some of the Changing Breeds, who are also half-spirit-half-flesh things can use Beast Magic.
                      Interesting. Isn't it?

(And yes, I know the book is bad, but that doesn't mean it never existed. It IS worth thinking about.)
                      Agreed!

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                      LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

What would it take to convince you to write up Mountain, possibly with some story seeds for modern day Mountain Hosts?
                        Last edited by branford; 03-31-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by branford View Post

What you it take to convince you to write up Mountain, possibly with some story seeds for modern day Mountain Hosts?
                          I second this sentiment!

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Sane View Post
                            I recall from the Summoners book something about things still living in the Gauntlet itself. How do these things tie together?
                            Hell, per the City of the Moon story hook, it's possible there's an entire city in there

Originally posted by branford View Post

What would it take to convince you to write up Mountain, possibly with some story seeds for modern day Mountain Hosts?
                            It would take quite a bit to convince me Doing Mountain justice will be a fairly hefty endeavour.

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

It would take quite a bit to convince me Doing Mountain justice will be a fairly hefty endeavour.
                              Fair enough. Any chance we might see Mountain Hosts in any upcoming Werewolf books? They sound big, tough and terrifying.

Comment

Dunno - that'd very much be Stew's remit and depends on what books are upcoming!

Comment

Working...
                                X