Apocalypse Tribes as 2E Lodges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apocalypse Tribes as 2E Lodges

As we just have The Pack spoiler with ready 2E Lodge we finally can talk about project I was eager to run for whole year now – How to remake Apocalypse Tribes into Lodges for Forsaken 2E games? I know we have more or less write up in Werewolf Translation Guide, but it was for WtF First Edition – and from spoilers, Lodges changed greatly.

Details I will later as for now do not have time, but I have first candidate I will need in my future Werewolf game I slowly build – Let’s talk Get of Fenris first as 2E Lodge!

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
    MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
    MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

For ease of referance - here are is comment on Lodges design for Great Acrozatarim!

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    So yeah, the new Lodge structure revealed. Every Lodge gets a Blessing, Ban and Aspiration, as well as a Sacred Hunt and a Tools section; the latter isn't necessarily fetishes. Lodges are cults; more specifically, they are cults of the hunt.

A little something extra to note - there's an *additional* section for each Lodge of a few hundred words called Mysteries of the (insert Lodge here); these had to be cut due to space but there's an intention to release them as a web supplement. The Mysteries go into weird details about a Lodge, the heresies and blasphemies and strange occultness they engage in. So [REDACTED] believe the second tenet of the Oath of the Moon is false, while the gear dogs concern themselves with the tithe of blood that humanity owes the road spirit courts...
    So each Lodge is centered on particular Sacred Hunt - What Prey could be Get of Fenris? On those of not Nordic blood? It would them make almost

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
    MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
    MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      So each Lodge is centered on particular Sacred Hunt - What Prey could be Get of Fenris?
      The weak or cowardly.

Comment

That strikes me as a bit too lacking in bragging rights for the spiritual predecessor of the Blood Talons. The Get should probably hunt the biggest, nastiest stuff they can find to prove how hard they are.

Comment

Then they hunt for might and bravery?

While they do seem interested in the really big hunts, any prey could really fit that. You could go the Apocalypse way and have it be about corruption, but it seems like they were really disparaging of the weak or cowardly. I admit that having them as sacred prey can seem like they're only interested in targeting the weak, but that's not what sacred prey is about. Hunting the weak or cowardly is a way of culling them out so only the strong survive to hunt whatever mighty things they want to hunt. While also holding to the darker aspects of the Get.

Lets not forget that a sacred prey doesn't have to be a certain kind of creature. As evidenced by the Thousand Steel Teeth, and obviously the Pure, it can be about how they go about things. The lodge hunts those who use the roads, while the Pure have wide ranging sacred prey.
          Last edited by nofather; 04-18-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I think maybe the weak as sacred prey would fit more with shadow lord (maybe) as getting rid of weakness seems pretty big in their philosophy.
            Its overly simple maybe but i'd give the Get of Fenris the sacred prey that i gave to the Blood Talons in my game. Warriors or combatants, to go with the aspect of the hunt as war or a fight.

Comment

Maybe you could go back to Fenris of Norse myth were is is to eat the king of the Gods; Maybe the Get feel that they are the choosers of who gets to Rule- They hunt down people, Werewolves, spirits who are at the top of power structures. They test those in leader ship to see if they are worthy - If they kill him during the hunt all will know he is weak and unfit to rule but should he survive that he strong and has the right to rule

Comment

What about playing up their ties to Norse mythology and making Fae creatures their sacred prey? They have historically been known to hunt Giants, Jotunn, Trolls, etc. Then their Sacred Hunt benefit could be that while on Siskur-Dah, they can recognize and pass through any door to or from the hedge that the prey has used since the Hunt was called.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Aren't the Fianna more fae-related though? Who will they hunt if the Get get fae?

Comment

I think if you wanted to go to Norse roots, you would pick the Predator Kings and Fire-Touched. They are representative of the giants, primeval beings that hearken to a more savage past, who you are always at war with but still respect for their power and ancient gifts.

But then, Fenris was a descendant of these giants, and was going to bring about the end of Odin and the new ways. So perhaps it would fit better as a Predator King lodge.

And, again, lets keep in mind sacred prey doesn't have to be a specific type of supernatural or mundane being. It could be bullies or leaders, those who use silver weapons or use roads, or those who disrespect something.
                    Last edited by nofather; 04-18-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                      Aren't the Fianna more fae-related though? Who will they hunt if the Get get fae?
                      Oh, nevermind then. I am not very familiar with Apocalypse, so I didn't know there was a more Fae-related Tribe.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

While I don't know that much about Apocalypse, what little I know suggests the Bone Gnawers might be an Iron Master Lodge, one whose members benefit from the the Hunt against the well-off; the wealthy, the politically powerful, and in general those who lack the want and hunger which so heavily defines the group's members.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                          I think if you wanted to go to Norse roots, you would pick the Predator Kings and Fire-Touched. They are representative of the giants, primeval beings that hearken to a more savage past, who you are always at war with but still respect for their power and ancient gifts.

But then, Fenris was a descendant of these giants, and was going to bring about the end of Odin and the new ways. So perhaps it would fit better as a Predator King lodge.
                          I don't think Lodges have to be Tribe-exclusive any more. The sample tribe that was previewed said it was mostly Iron Masters, but that there were a surprising number of Bone Shadow and Storm Lord members as well. I'd imagine the Get would have Predator Kings as well as Blood Talons and probably others in its ranks.

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                          And, again, lets keep in mind sacred prey doesn't have to be a specific type of supernatural or mundane being. It could be bullies or leaders, those who use silver weapons or use roads, or those who disrespect something.
                          It doesn't have to be, but it can be. When designing Lodges, I would not want to limit myself to only using types of creature as Sacred Prey. But nor would I want to limit myself to never using them. Just depends on what's appropriate for the Lodge.

Comment

Lodges are generally not tribe-limited any more. Even the tribal pillars, the lodges at the core of each tribe's philosophy, are not completely exclusive to that tribe. Non-Blood Talons can join the Lodge of Garm, for example, although few do.

- Chris Allen
                            Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                              I don't think Lodges have to be Tribe-exclusive any more. The sample tribe that was previewed said it was mostly Iron Masters, but that there were a surprising number of Bone Shadow and Storm Lord members as well. I'd imagine the Get would have Predator Kings as well as Blood Talons and probably others in its ranks.
                              I didn't mean exclusively Predator Kings, but they would seem to be the core of the tribe, with primarily some Blood Talons and Storm Lords and lesser numbers of other tribes. They definitely seem more Get of Fenris the vargr that kills Odin as opposed to Fenris the Firstborn. In theme, at least. They fit more with Dire Wolf, who was acknowledged as the mightiest of the Firstborn, even by Destroyer Wolf.

It doesn't have to be, but it can be. When designing Lodges, I would not want to limit myself to only using types of creature as Sacred Prey. But nor would I want to limit myself to never using them. Just depends on what's appropriate for the Lodge.
                              Oh absolutely, it's just most of the Apocalypse tribes didn't really have anything you would really put as an equivalent to sacred prey, the Garou Nation as a whole was very pro-Wyld and anti-whatever was hurting the Wyld, which doesn't really jibe with the Forsaken setting. But if you pare back the Gaia and Wyrm stuff you get a group that sounds more like the Pure, with their 'those who disrespect' something as prey, as opposed to a certain kind of being. ZealousChristian24's Bone Gnawers seemed to fit, too.

I think the Silent Striders would be more of a 'type' hunter, though, focusing on the undead.
                              Last edited by nofather; 04-18-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X