No announcement yet.

2E Lodges - Conversions and Homebrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stealing part is fine, it would make sense with a Magpie or simple Greed spirit, but 'to protect their territory' seems superfluous. Especially with the totem trying to gain influence in organized crime groups, which is an incredibly base goal. Becoming the King of Thieves seems like something a werewolf would do, not a lodge full of werewolves help their totem do.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
      The stealing part is fine, it would make sense with a Magpie or simple Greed spirit, but 'to protect their territory' seems superfluous. Especially with the totem trying to gain influence in organized crime groups, which is an incredibly base goal. Becoming the King of Thieves seems like something a werewolf would do, not a lodge full of werewolves help their totem do.
      Organized crime is an ancillary benefit to their real goal of pulling off the biggest heist ever. (Insert Suitably Grandiose Target Here. Possible options: Stealing the whole world. If a Demon, stealing Command and Control of the God-Machine. Not one such named Infrastructure. All of it.)

And what is a Lodge other than a bigger, older Pack?
      Last edited by Vent0; 09-21-2016, 11:13 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Organized crime is an ancillary benefit to their real goal of pulling off the biggest heist ever. (Insert Suitably Grandiose Target Here. Possible options: Stealing the whole world. If a Demon, stealing Command and Control of the God-Machine. Not one such named Infrastructure. All of it.)

And what is a Lodge other than a bigger, older Pack?
        Vent, I love your idea, stealing the GM itself would be a wonderful goal for a demon that became a lodge totem.

I also have an idea for a lodge sponsored by a spirit of the mass media that hunts producers, writers, directors and actors in the movie, TV and (lately) video game industries whose projects threaten to upset the balance of power in the hisil by making millions of people think about a particular concept and flood it's related spirits with essence. The totem's goal is to control the media, thereby controlling what mortals think and through that controlling the hisil. The lodge's uratha just wants to keep Hollywood from messing up everyone's territory.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

I thought I'd post a link to my Werewolf GMC/2nd ed hacks here. My Lodge conversions start on page 6 (above that are summary notes with a few tweaks and some 1st ed to 2nd ed merit conversions).

Link: http://tinyurl.com/z2kw5s2

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled conversation.

Comment

A question about the Sacred Prey of a Lodge I'm creating for my Spanish setting:

The Circle of Trade:

Originally called the Lodge of Sea, they were born in Middle Ages as a Lodge of Mediterranean Traders from the Crown of Aragon. They expanded for the Mediterranean thanks to the catalan Consulates of the Sea. In that time, the Lodge was centered on the sailor aspect over their tradesman aspect.
            With the "discovery" of the Americas, the Mediterranean lost its trade importance to the Atlantic Ocean, and the Lodge began a slow decadence to their near-extinction.

In 19th Century, thanks to the Industrial Revolution, one of the few packs of the Lodge decided reinvent themselves. They centered more in the trader aspect over the sailor, and began a recreation of the Lodge as a trader's lodge mainly, with the sea element as a remainder of their past and their origins. So, the Lodge of Sea was reborn as the Circle of Trade.

Their Patron was a Sea-Trade, a Mediterranean spirit centered in the rich mediterranean commerce during Middle ages. He preyed both trade and sea spirits, without becoming a magath (both aspects were definitory to them). With the reconversion of the Lodge of Sea in the Circle of Trade, he also began to prey more and more trade and money spirits over sea spirits.

Benefit: They don't suffer the effect of the climatic tilts if they're navegating in the Mediterranean, and when they are tradingthey require just 3 successes for an Exceptional Succes (alternatively, if players use the optional Social Maneuvering system, their First Impression is allways a level higher inthose cases).

Aspiration: Gaining money.

Ban: Never do anything for free. That includes helping Forsaken against the Pure, but in those cases, most Traders accept something symbolic as a payment just for not breaking the ban.

But, which could be their Sacred Prey? I have an idea but I'm not sure if it could be possible:
            i they're going to do some trade with someone or some company, they call a Siskur-Dah in order to help them in busines: it could be a local generic Spirit, or may be (if you're trading ith some important company with a Shadow reflection) the spirit o that Company. It's not needed to kill the spirt, you just need to hunt him down and force him to use its Influence to help your business. If it's a generic trade Spirit, he gaves you a Repeat 9s quality. If it's the rival company spirit, it gives you the Repeat 8s quality.

Could that be a viable Siskur-Dah?

Thanks.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

I'd suggest coming at this from a different direction.

​You have the broad idea - Mediterranean sea-wolves, with trade as their thing. Cool!

​Now figure out what it is they care about enough to refine their hunt over. Are they all dodgy heretics who believe it is necessary to 'balance the books' of the hunt, so they ensure that the prey or the prey's family always receives recompense for the loss of the victim? Do they find cultic ecstasy amidst the howling winds and foaming water of a storm at sea? Do they believe that the flow of wealth needs to be pure and uncontaminated, like the water of a river or a sea, so that life and prey can flourish - and therefore hunt those who would commit fraud or cheat or unsavoury hoarding of wealth that would choke off the flow of trade? Etc etc.

​Once you know what they *care* about as a cult of hunters, then you can figure out the Siskur-Dah, and *then* things like Blessing/Ban/Aspiration should cascade off the back of that fairly easily.

- Chris Allen
              Freelance Writer, Deviant: the Renegade / The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions!!

I'll use them to redefine de Lodge.

EDIT: I had thought the last one (trade cheaters) also as a Sacred Prey, but I had failed to traslate it to a "hunter language". I love your focus.
                Last edited by Uxas; 02-05-2017, 12:25 PM.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

Comment

I just had a faint idea for a Lodge that could work for a crossover with Mummy.

How do you envision a group of werewolves hunting after Seba? Or (if you want to widen their focus) Iremite Relics in general?

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

How do you envision a group of werewolves hunting after Seba? Or (if you want to widen their focus) Iremite Relics in general?
                    ​I'd start by asking for the 'why' behind their desire to hunt those things, because 'we devour these ancient relics for power and to sate our ravenous hunger' is going to be a very different Lodge to 'these ancient relics are a taint on reality inflicted by an ancient and malevolent force, and must be excised'.

- Chris Allen
                    Freelance Writer, Deviant: the Renegade / The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post

​I'd start by asking for the 'why' behind their desire to hunt those things, because 'we devour these ancient relics for power and to sate our ravenous hunger' is going to be a very different Lodge to 'these ancient relics are a taint on reality inflicted by an ancient and malevolent force, and must be excised'.
                      I might go for the latter, seeing as I have plans of making a Seba-based Legacy after getting a good look at the Mutapa chapter in the DE Companion.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                      Age of Azar
                      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I'm trying to adapt the Fire-Touched Lodge of the Fevered Light (Blasphemies) to 2nd Edition. Their Patron is Fevered Dream (a spirit king of sickness) and the Lodge rules an human church as a cover for their activities (Im converting it in a Mystery Cult).
                        My problem is that in 1st Edition, the Lodge gave as a benefit the Fever Gifts.

I know Lodges cannot give affinity gifts, but it could be possible The Patron spirit court gave them access to those Fever Gifts (although with none afinity discount?

Which benefits, sacred Prey, and Bans would you give them?

Thanks.

Comment

You could have a sacred hunt that opens up Fever Gifts as part of their initiation.

I've been thinking about them too, but I didn't want to carry over the human church aspect. If I was converting it straight over I'd make their sacred prey 'the weak,' with a focus on those who are sick or diseased. As a ban accepting no healing from others seems to fit.

Comment

Thanks. I love the idea of Fever Gifts as a part of their Sacred Hunt Initiaton. Your ban and Sacred Prey are almost the same I thought. And what about the Lodge general benefit?

Comment

I was thinking something like Acrozatarim's Lodge of Seven Venoms, except with sickness and disease, as opposed to poison. Basically they become super carriers.

Comment

Instead of Fever gifts, Lodge sorcery (disease) is a good substitution I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X