No announcement yet.

2E Lodges - Conversions and Homebrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, its really a great idea that fits perfectly with the 2nd Edition style Lodges. I don't know how I didn't think on it before.

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

Lodge of the Grey Phoenix

American Ivory Claw lodge that holds strong influence over the "Still fighting the Civil war" types in the South, I have a few ideas for it, but I want to get the Dark eras companion and it's reconstruction era before I write it up. I intend to have them allied with other villainous Neo-confederate z-splats from other supernatural types.

Lodge blessing allows them to reach at all the Confederate memorials in the south as if they were loci

They have access to the 3-dots lodge armory, two dot Lodge stronghold and any-dot lodge connections merits, except in the Atlanta area, where their secret base inside stone mountain gives them access to the 5-dot armory, 4-dot stronghold and 5-dot lorehouse merits in addition to the connections merit.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Well, it's been nearly a year since this thread was last updated. But seeing as I'm picking up again my project of creating and converting Lodges, now is as good a time as any to bring it back.

For starters, statting out Totems. Has anyone tried giving stats to the canon Totems we've had so far? Isim-Ur and Lycaon-Ur are the ones I'm most interested in seeing homebrewed stats for.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Well, Acrozatarim did a non-official take on Lycaon as a bodhisattva, didn’t he?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
            Well, Acrozatarim did a non-official take on Lycaon as a bodhisattva, didn’t he?
            Did he? I don't recall seeing it. But on a related note, does it make sense that the Eater of Names is a Rank 5 spirit rather than Rank 6 like the major Firstborn if she (like Isim-Ur) is counted among her forgotten siblings?

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post

Did he? I don't recall seeing it. But on a related note, does it make sense that the Eater of Names is a Rank 5 spirit rather than Rank 6 like the major Firstborn if she (like Isim-Ur) is counted among her forgotten siblings?
              Lycaon-as-bodhisattva can be found on a thread called the Ultimate Predators or something. Don’t recall the exact name.

EDIT: It’s “Alpha Predators”

And I honestly have no idea about the Eater’s appropriate Rank.
              Last edited by 21C Hermit; 05-03-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Lycaon-as-bodhisattva can be found on a thread called the Ultimate Predators or something. Don’t recall the exact name.

EDIT: It’s “Alpha Predators”

And I honestly have no idea about the Eater’s appropriate Rank.
                Found it. Thanks.
                XD
                http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...351#post801351

And yeah, finalizing on that Firstborn's Rank is really tricky.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                Age of Azar
                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

With Urfarah being Rank 8, I'd personally have the eight main Firstborn be Rank 7 and minor Firstborn be Rank 6. The odds of a Rank 5 Pangaean/spirit surviving from the time of the Sundering or earlier has to be extremely low. Especially for those with a hunting nature that literally can't help stirring up shit.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                  Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                    With Urfarah being Rank 8, I'd personally have the eight main Firstborn be Rank 7 and minor Firstborn be Rank 6. The odds of a Rank 5 Pangaean/spirit surviving from the time of the Sundering or earlier has to be extremely low. Especially for those with a hunting nature that literally can't help stirring up shit.
                    I'm definitely taking a note of this, and not just for statting my version of the Eater of Names. I might have to revisit my writeup for Turtle so I can better reflect how he's the equal of Wolf.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                    Age of Azar
                    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

• At least, that's my take for modern times. I'm guessing not much has changed for a while, but when getting closer to the advent of the Tribes I think the Firstborn would fluctuate in Rank.
                      The "minor" Firstborn were probably not quite as forgotten by the Uratha and could've been Rank 7, or perhaps it was the tribal Firstborn that were Rank 6 before the Tribes became global phenomena and the constant flow of Essence through the tribal bond exalted them to Rank 7. Or a combination of both possibilities.
                      At the time of the Sundering and earlier, I'd have all Firstborn be Rank 7 as they were directly born from Urfarah, and all Secondborn would similarly be Rank 6.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Question - Is Lodge Totem as different being than spirit a thing? Because in Beast Player's Guide we have hint that Beast can be Lodge Totem.

Originally posted by BPG, p. 135
                        The Lodge of the Red Owl is dedicated to reverence and mastery of the hunt. The Final Peace serves as the de facto totem of an Iron Master pack, and teaches her human followers how to hunt with a werewolf’s savage efficiency and cunning. Her flock’s greatest calling is to pass these methods on to fellow hunters, even if that means making them prey first.
                        And if that will be a case, so probably powerful ghosts, angels and other Ephemeral Beings could be also Totems in some weirder Lodges. I lately have idea of recasting my take on Valkyria Mot into making it the Lodge serving powerful Underworld Kerberoi that looks very much as Odin. They are, in the end, from Blasphemies book...

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• One of the first lodges mentioned in second edition, the Lodge of the Field, has a werewolf as a totem. And the 'Stranger Bedfellows' sidebar in the Pack further suggests you can have more out there things. Plus Apollo might not be a spirit either. So yeah it doesn't look like it's limited to spirits (everyone wants a piece of werewolf).

But spirits (and perhaps werewolves) seem to gain the most from it, since most of the benefits are spirit related.
                          Last edited by nofather; 05-04-2018, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• What nofather said. I suspect the only real requirement to totem-hood is spiritual power, rather than actually being a spirit.

Comment

Working...
                            X