Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    And here's Session 10! It's the first session in the second story arc, Empty Hearts, as the pack set off for Macau.

http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTru...eater-of-25307

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    ​The Sung-Ti don't control the museum - that's further south in Kowloon Peninsula and technically isn't anyone in particular's territory, although the Wen are the most responsible if anything were to go wrong there. The Sung-Ti are the closest Pure pack to Cherry Gardens, though, and there's an unfriendly history between the two packs.
    Oh okay, I thought when they saw the 'leather' banners that was a territory marking for the Fire-Touched or whoever controlled the museum where the Tao Tie was.

​This Hisil is actually 'nice' compared to my usual depictions
    I really liked your Ivory Claw lab, and the hospital, and yes I can see that.

It's also worth noting that even lesser spirits can be active during the day, in much the same way that a city doesn't really sleep even through the night - and besides, right now the daytime skies in Hong Kong are often clouded with rain, so there's not a lot of sunlight to draw Resonance from...
    Gotcha, in our case it was the Sunshine State at summertime during a heatwave and I wanted helion bullies roaming around being willing to shove Uratha around.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    Neat! I was having trouble keeping track of the names rather than the auspices, outside of Lucky Rat.

So the Sung-Ti are the Fire-Touched in control of the museum?
    ​The Sung-Ti don't control the museum - that's further south in Kowloon Peninsula and technically isn't anyone in particular's territory, although the Wen are the most responsible if anything were to go wrong there. The Sung-Ti are the closest Pure pack to Cherry Gardens, though, and there's an unfriendly history between the two packs.

I really liked the way you portrayed the hisil, very scary and chaotic, especially the streets. One of the few times I got to run Werewolf the only time they went into the hisil was during the day, where only the helions and powerful spirits were really active.
    ​This Hisil is actually 'nice' compared to my usual depictions It's also worth noting that even lesser spirits can be active during the day, in much the same way that a city doesn't really sleep even through the night - and besides, right now the daytime skies in Hong Kong are often clouded with rain, so there's not a lot of sunlight to draw Resonance from...

Originally posted by Gullinbursti View Post
    Hi Acrozatarim, said g'day on rpg.net the other day, but thought I'd say here too. Also, didn't spot the wiki last time, fantastically detailed work, really brings the Hong Kong setting into sharp relief. Really fun to read
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Leave a comment:

• Gullinbursti
    replied
    Hi Acrozatarim, said g'day on rpg.net the other day, but thought I'd say here too. Also, didn't spot the wiki last time, fantastically detailed work, really brings the Hong Kong setting into sharp relief. Really fun to read

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Neat! I was having trouble keeping track of the names rather than the auspices, outside of Lucky Rat.

So the Sung-Ti are the Fire-Touched in control of the museum?

I really liked the way you portrayed the hisil, very scary and chaotic, especially the streets. One of the few times I got to run Werewolf the only time they went into the hisil was during the day, where only the helions and powerful spirits were really active.
    Last edited by nofather; 10-16-2016, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    I've now set up a wiki page for the game so that it's a bit easier to keep straight the names and info that the pack has gotten their grubby claws on or interacted with.: https://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Werew...Eater_of_Names

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Right! After a hiatus, and some problems with uploading to the podcast site, we are back! I had to split episode 8 into two parts due to the file size being slightly larger than previous:

Episode 8 Part 1

Episode 8 Part 2

Episode 9

At some point I'll go into a bit more detail about just what's going on with the Rotting Heart and the 'gifted' numina emanations, as well as talk a bit about the 'Rat-Blooded'.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    And we had our eighth session today! The podcast website is giving errors when I try and upload to it at the moment, so that'll have to wait until it co-operates again.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Right, so we've had a bit of a hiatus but it should now be over - I'm hoping we'll have another podcast uploaded Thurs/Fri this week!

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Really cool rite.

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
    This rite may only be invoked on a territory that the ritemaster's pack has already sanctified with the Hunting Ground rite.
    It seems like more than a few Gifts and rites should have this prerequisite.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    First draft of the rite that the pack saw the results of in Mark's apartment, the one that caused everything to be inscribed with First Tongue words...

Shadow Signs (Pack Rite ●●●●)
    This rite may only be invoked on a territory that the ritemaster's pack has already sanctified with the Hunting Ground rite. It draws upon the secrets, the names and the flows of Essence that thread between the spirits of the territory's Shadow, revealing truths to the Uratha.
    Symbols: Writing or tattooing, wounds, whispers, the wind.
    Action: Extended (10 successes; each roll represents 1 minute)
    Duration: 1 month.
    Success: The rite must be performed in the Shadow, within territory that the ritemaster's pack has placed the Hunting Ground rite upon. This causes that spot to become a nexus of information about the territory's Shadow. Over roughly a day, words and glyphs will carve themselves into the Shadow-stuff of an area roughly ten feet in radius, often oozing blood or ichor; these words spell out the names of powerful spirits in the area (Rank 3 and higher, as well as spirit nobles), indicate significant Shadow phenomena (like barrens, shoals, or an impending emotion-storm), and may also indicate other threats in the Shadow (such as warning of the warping spells that a Mage is using on the Hisil, or of a non-native monstrosity that has somehow breached the Gauntlet and is now marauding the spirits). The words update roughly every day, with old, bleeding warnings squirming aside for eruptions of fresh and oozing names as new, powerful spirits move in or a threat manifests itself. Any Uratha who reads the shadow signs gains a +3 bonus to locate or perceive spirits, entities or phenomena that they have seen the warnings or names of, while the rite lasts. However, picking key information out of the mass of glyphs and sigils is not necessarily straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Finally put episode 7 up! I've had it ready to go for a while, just kept forgetting to actually upload it. Lucky Rat seeks the Gift of the City, and schemes as to how he might catch a Claimed; Lao Min learns that there may be more answers in Macau; and the pack plunge into hostile territory.

http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTru...eater-of-22789

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Originally posted by notanautomaton View Post
    I generally like this game, and look forward to more being posted. The only problem is that Min's player's voice annoys me. But that's relatively minor.
    Thanks! Although I feel fairly sure Min's player's voice will not be changing any time soon, so you're stuck with that.

Originally posted by Amravanti View Post
    I am enjoying the game. Though I wish this one had a wiki like the other game where I could see more details on the characters. And also so that I can eventually see stats on The Eater of Names if/when he shows up. Though, chances are that will Chris will post it anyway (right Chris??) so I guess I'm not too worried.
    I'll try and work up a wiki at some point.

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
    This is great stuff. Sadly, due to my crappy rural internet I can't actually listen to the podcasts, but just reading the setting material is great! Thanks for doing this again, Chris.
    There will be more setting and supplementary material to come!

Leave a comment:

• Aiden
    replied
    This is great stuff. Sadly, due to my crappy rural internet I can't actually listen to the podcasts, but just reading the setting material is great! Thanks for doing this again, Chris.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    The sixth episode is now up! Min has to show some humility, a training session is interrupted by a bid for power, and the pack seek the wisdom of the Wen.

http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTru...eater-of-22250

Leave a comment:

Working...
X