No announcement yet.

W:tF Actual Play: The Eater of Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, so we've had a bit of a hiatus but it should now be over - I'm hoping we'll have another podcast uploaded Thurs/Fri this week!

- Chris Allen, Aberrant Line Developer, Freelance Writer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

And we had our eighth session today! The podcast website is giving errors when I try and upload to it at the moment, so that'll have to wait until it co-operates again.

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Right! After a hiatus, and some problems with uploading to the podcast site, we are back! I had to split episode 8 into two parts due to the file size being slightly larger than previous:

Episode 8 Part 1

Episode 8 Part 2

Episode 9

At some point I'll go into a bit more detail about just what's going on with the Rotting Heart and the 'gifted' numina emanations, as well as talk a bit about the 'Rat-Blooded'.

Comment

I've now set up a wiki page for the game so that it's a bit easier to keep straight the names and info that the pack has gotten their grubby claws on or interacted with.: https://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Werew...Eater_of_Names

Comment

Neat! I was having trouble keeping track of the names rather than the auspices, outside of Lucky Rat.

So the Sung-Ti are the Fire-Touched in control of the museum?

I really liked the way you portrayed the hisil, very scary and chaotic, especially the streets. One of the few times I got to run Werewolf the only time they went into the hisil was during the day, where only the helions and powerful spirits were really active.
            Last edited by nofather; 10-16-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Acrozatarim, said g'day on rpg.net the other day, but thought I'd say here too. Also, didn't spot the wiki last time, fantastically detailed work, really brings the Hong Kong setting into sharp relief. Really fun to read

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                Neat! I was having trouble keeping track of the names rather than the auspices, outside of Lucky Rat.

So the Sung-Ti are the Fire-Touched in control of the museum?
                ​The Sung-Ti don't control the museum - that's further south in Kowloon Peninsula and technically isn't anyone in particular's territory, although the Wen are the most responsible if anything were to go wrong there. The Sung-Ti are the closest Pure pack to Cherry Gardens, though, and there's an unfriendly history between the two packs.

I really liked the way you portrayed the hisil, very scary and chaotic, especially the streets. One of the few times I got to run Werewolf the only time they went into the hisil was during the day, where only the helions and powerful spirits were really active.
                ​This Hisil is actually 'nice' compared to my usual depictions It's also worth noting that even lesser spirits can be active during the day, in much the same way that a city doesn't really sleep even through the night - and besides, right now the daytime skies in Hong Kong are often clouded with rain, so there's not a lot of sunlight to draw Resonance from...

Originally posted by Gullinbursti View Post
                Hi Acrozatarim, said g'day on rpg.net the other day, but thought I'd say here too. Also, didn't spot the wiki last time, fantastically detailed work, really brings the Hong Kong setting into sharp relief. Really fun to read
                Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
                  ​The Sung-Ti don't control the museum - that's further south in Kowloon Peninsula and technically isn't anyone in particular's territory, although the Wen are the most responsible if anything were to go wrong there. The Sung-Ti are the closest Pure pack to Cherry Gardens, though, and there's an unfriendly history between the two packs.
                  Oh okay, I thought when they saw the 'leather' banners that was a territory marking for the Fire-Touched or whoever controlled the museum where the Tao Tie was.

​This Hisil is actually 'nice' compared to my usual depictions
                  I really liked your Ivory Claw lab, and the hospital, and yes I can see that.

It's also worth noting that even lesser spirits can be active during the day, in much the same way that a city doesn't really sleep even through the night - and besides, right now the daytime skies in Hong Kong are often clouded with rain, so there's not a lot of sunlight to draw Resonance from...
                  Gotcha, in our case it was the Sunshine State at summertime during a heatwave and I wanted helion bullies roaming around being willing to shove Uratha around.

Comment

And here's Session 10! It's the first session in the second story arc, Empty Hearts, as the pack set off for Macau.

http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTru...eater-of-25307

Comment

Here's session 11 - part 2 of Empty Hearts. I am still amazed Lucky Rat agreed to the race...

http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTru...eater-of-25761

Comment

Bravo on your Canidrome spirit. His word choice and cadence made my skin crawl... and it sounds like your players found him just as creepy and unpleasant as I did! A villain you love to hate. It's great that, as a roleplayer, you're able to evoke that kind of visceral reaction.

Comment

That reminds me, I need to get the next episode sorted and up!

​And the canidrome spirit is a lovely​ fellow, I don't know why they all loathe him so much FWIW, the real-world canidrome is... well, just look it up and read about it. It'll come as no surprise as to why its spiritual reflection so horrible :P

Comment

Session 12 had to be split into two parts:
                            Part 1: http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTru...eater-of-26243
                            ​and Part 2: http://shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTru...eater-of-26245

Comment

Could you perhaps be convinced to post some stat blocks for various NPC's? I'm the kind of obsessive idiot who enjoys seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Seidmadr View Post
                                Could you perhaps be convinced to post some stat blocks for various NPC's? I'm the kind of obsessive idiot who enjoys seeing that.
                                ​Any characters in particular?

Comment

Working...
                                X