Actual Play: Home Is Where The Bones Are

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Play: Home Is Where The Bones Are

Hey all! This is a shameless, shameless plug for an AP that I've recently posted to rpg.net - https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...-The-Bones-Are

If you're looking for the blurb at the back of the book, it's pretty simple:
    Home Is Where The Bones Are
    A First Change Story, wherein a couple of teens find out that their rural Arkansas family has a fair few skeletons in the closet, and a lot of enemies circling.
    It's been a lot of fun so far! We're about five sessions in, and I'll be posting session two later today. Hope you like it!

Freelance OPP. Dark Eras, Shattered Dreams, and counting!

Session Two is up! It has First Change-hangovers, arguments with parents, and a touch of silver.

Comment

Session 3's up, if people are interested!

It's got runaways, a snacks run that doesn't work out, and a great example of the complications of high Harmony!

Comment

Just posted Session 4, too - wherein our two pups meet another werewolf and some spirits. Only ONE of these want to kill them!

Comment

Session 5, done and dusted! We've got a PC that hasn't been in it since session one, joined by an all-new PC (who's - gasp! - not even from the family!)

Comment

Session 6 is up, and we're still following the two newer PCs. School's out and they've been under a bit of stress lately, so what do they do? Get themselves beaten up, nearly kill some kids, and go to church! Fun!

Comment

Next session is live! We're back to following the Uratha, who are on their first Hunt! They both approach it in pretty different ways, too, which is quite interesting.

Comment

Next session is (finally!) up!! Sorry for the delay, but this is the conclusion to the brothers' first Siskur-Dah, wherein there are a) brutally-murdered humans, b) brutally-murdered spirits (well, one), and c) a handful of eyes (literally). Good times were had by all!

Comment

Sorry for the serious Thread Necromancy, but another couple of sessions have been posted over at https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...9#post20808199

The first episode sees the boys officially join Tribes, while the second sees a potential Big Bad revealed, a family reunion of sorts, and an end-of-season cliffhanger!

Comment

And we're back with the first session of the new season, wherein the pack a) deals with the fallout from last episode, b) attempts to cling to some semblance of a normal life, and c) fears for the innocent that may have been irrevocably changed by their rampage.

(Fun times!)

Comment

Any updates on this now that you have gotten the DE companion out the door?

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Unfortunately, we've had disruption after disruption lately! I think that the RPG.net thread has seen one or two updates that I haven't posted about here, but no - it's been a loooooong time since we last actually played.

Thanks for the reminder, though, and I'll see whether I can rustle up some players to play again soon. In the meantime, if you're interested, I've got a Spotify playlist of inspirational music you may enjoy: https://open.spotify.com/user/123216...4U1XSEgjFQsD5b

Comment

And thanks for the shout-out re: the Dark Eras Companion, too. My part of that was finished a looooong time ago now, though, so I was just waiting as (im-)patiently as everybody else for it to finally drop. Now that it has, though, I keep returning to it and gazing at all the pretty pictures based on our ideas. MUCH LIKE.

Comment

Hey all, sorry for the necromancy, but I've updated the Actual Play again! If you're interested, there have been a few sessions posted since I last mentioned it here: https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...-The-Bones-Are

More to come shortly, too.

Comment

But wait, there's more - https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...1#post21309841

There isn't too much action in this session, but there's a hell of a lot of revelations spread across two more pieces of flash-fiction: Pays-the-Price and The Last Day.

Comment

Working...
                              X