No announcement yet.

Stranger Things series as Shadow Realm story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Netflix puts out a new season of any of their shows they generally put out the entire season, rather than doling it out weekly. So people can watch it all the day it comes out (potentially) if they want to spend 7-12 hours watching it at once.

The Upside-Down is way too calm and empty to really represent the Hisil, unfortunately. You could say something ate everything, or is making it dormant, I suppose. It hasn't helped that we've gotten ridiculously little hard information about the other world, or its inhabitants
    which may be a singular inhabitant, merely with many pieces to it.

Something that struck me is how most of the unnatural stuff seemed to be
    in the tunnels, made of vines or worms or whatever. It made me think of the spider-web labyrinths the azlu have in the Gauntlet.

But yes, good example of forge servant and using a bane.
    Last edited by nofather; 11-14-2017, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I could see the very empty Upside Down as a localised section of the Hisil with a very hungry idigam. The only things left are its twisted, recycled, controlled servants and its insidious tendrils.

Writer. Developer. WoD | CofD | The Trinity Continuum 19 books and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
        I could see the very empty Upside Down as a localised section of the Hisil with a very hungry idigam. The only things left are its twisted, recycled, controlled servants and its insidious tendrils.
        It's exactly what I pointed before - Mind Flayer seems perfect example of very hungry Idigam in WtF setting. In season 2 we have his 'Spawn' and 'Herald' shown also. We even have at the end clear argument on ephemeral/spirit nature of Mind Flayer. The only minus in this interpretation is that those beings are physical in World of Flesh - but for what you have powers like Materialized Manifestation and Gauntlet Breach Numina?
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-14-2017, 04:59 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Ok seazon 2 was awesome !
          Couln't get my mind out of hisil.

Comment

Don't forget all the drifting spores/pollen/ash/snowfsnowflakes. Motes, obviously! MOST of the hisil has been devoured by the Mindflayer, but it's clear the emotional turmoil still generates motes at least.

Plus, it isn't empty. You could say demodogs and the demogorgon are hosts (of what though?) Or even more frighteningly hollow hounds.

This Idigam loves Wounds, as do it's offspring/minions. If I had to guess it's preferred resonance, I would say horror and despair. Making the world of darkness very literal. It likes to make people feel there is no hope, and seems to love the intense emotions of Innocent Hunters.

Locii include the Gate, 11, that field...when that Conspiracy/Organization made deviants, it also made a locus. It had no idea what they were making.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleverest of Things View Post
              Plus, it isn't empty. You could say demodogs and the demogorgon are hosts (of what though?) Or even more frighteningly hollow hounds.
              If demodogs and demogorgons were Hosts - they would infect people. And we know that
              Will is much more infected by Mind Flayer - like with Possesion
              - than proper Hosts 'I kill human, lay my eggs in it, and use it's skin to mutate' reproduction cycle.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
              X