Mystery Cult Initiation- Culte de la Raison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Cult Initiation- Culte de la Raison

(so I've searched the forums and didn't find anyone who actually wrote that merit- and because I tinker with using them an the Temple of Apollo in an Hunter chronicles, I've thought to myself "why not?". Hope you'll like it)

The public face of the Thebans, the Culte de la Raison is all about making great parties and indulge in every desire you ever had. The tickets to those parties are expensive enough to make sure not everyone could afford them, and so the usual crowd is made of businessmen, celebrities, politicians and other important figures- people who won't be very happy if a video of them participating in the said parties would "leak to the media". Because of the dark reputation of the Cult and its celebrations of debauchery and decadence, most of the parties are made off the grid, in special location which direct and capture the light of the sun in special ways, and usually use a somewhat Hellenistic aesthetic. Not all of the people who go to those parties return, however- and while not all the members of the Cult know what exactly happen to them, they all know that they should keep their mouth shut and put a lot of money in order to cover those things up. Members of the Cult disappear from time to time too, after all- especially those who wonder what is the source of the strange howls and screams which are sometimes heard in the parties.

Mystery Cult Initiation- Culte de la Raison (0-00000)

0- you have been either lured by the debaucheries offered by the Cult or was blackmailed into serving it. If you wish to survive (socially or otherwise), you need to learn to lie- and quick. You get free Subterfuge Specialty in Hiding Motivations.

00- you have showed that you are trustworthy enough, and that you understand the condition you are found at. As such, the Cult gives you some access to its tremendous wealth. You get one free dot in Resources.

000- you are a regular member in the Cult's parties, drawing the attention of the higher ranked members. You discover the desire to try new things- some of which you've never thought you would enjoy. You get the Vice Ridden merit, with the new Vice being something a bit.. unconventional.

0000- you have unknowingly passed the hidden tests and has started to touch the truth behind the Cult. You are gifted with powers upon pain and pleasure as part of your initiation. You get Numbing Touch for 3 dots, which are called as "Inciting Touch" merit, creating a feeling of suffocating pleasure or pain instead of the regular feeling.

00000- you have joined the top of the Cult and discovered the truth- that all the parties, all the celebrations, all the debauchery and decadence are all a cover up for the true purpose of the Cult- a money making tool in the service of man eating werewolves. As one of the few members allowed to know the truth and live, you are marked by them with the sign of the wolf. You get a single wolf blooded Tell (usually Devil Inside), and are immune to the effects of Lunacy.

hope you like it :P
    Last edited by LostLight; 10-07-2016, 01:28 PM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Surprise, its Werewolves! XD

Love it.

Comment

That's actually pretty terrifying, pretty cool.

Comment

Interesting!

​There's a bit more about the Culte (and some of the Temple's other victims) in the Secrets of the Sun Wolf excerpt of the additional Lodge material. I should probably ask Stew about getting that stuff put up some time.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer & Developer

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
          Interesting!

​There's a bit more about the Culte (and some of the Temple's other victims) in the Secrets of the Sun Wolf excerpt of the additional Lodge material. I should probably ask Stew about getting that stuff put up some time.

Please do! Secrets of the Sun Wolf alone sounds super interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
            Interesting!

thanks! I really liked the Temple's write up, and so I wanted to developed the Culte a bit in case I'll manage to get the Chronicle done in order to use them on a more "human antagonist" level. The Secrets of the Sun Wolf does sound interesting, and I think it may prove as a great material for my Hunter Chronicle.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
            X