Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Get Any Book or Section in WtF, What Would You Want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Get Any Book or Section in WtF, What Would You Want?

Just like the title suggests. If you had your choice of whatever sort of new 2nd Edition book or content in a book you could want, what would you ask Onyx Path Publishing for? What would you like to see expanded on and added to the publishing roster?

I personally really want tribe books once more. But perhaps even more, once the ground work is set, I'd love to have a 'What If' volume. Something exploring alternate possibilities somewhat like a 'Mirrors' book focused on WtF. What if other tribes were in place than the current ones? What if the Pure were the ones trying to keep balance and the Forsaken were the ones who couldn't give a damn? Or what if they had found some modicum of large-scale peace in the face of darker dangers? What if the Idigram had more werewolves than just the Bale Hounds at their beck and call? What if Pangea still existed? What about those strange, outlier auspices in 1e? Or, what if Helios was the Urathas' patron, rather than Luna?

Another thing I'd love is an examination of the Hisil and ancient Pangea. What sort of creatures/spirits are there? How far can it truly reach out away from the Earth? Are there any pangeans left?

And finally... Books of options. I know this sounds weird, but I love the books that give us lots of extra options and ways to fill out a setting. Something that adds more wolf-Blooded tells, or some more Lodge books.

So, what would you guys like to see?

I'd like to see like a Blasphemies 2.0. Give me some rules for Bale Hounds and Wound spirits, please! Even if it's just a chapter in another book, like we got for playing Pure. It just seems like the biggest gap in terms of what's been brought over to 2e.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I too would like a Blasphemies 2.0. Maeljin, Wound-tainted spirits and Bale Hounds have likely changed a lot since then, but the first couple chapters could, like the original, portray certain other blasphemies among the Uratha. Remnants of the Pangaean Cull or Tyrants, or the Maw who seek to grow powerful by eating all other werewolves. We could also see strange lodges like the Lodge of Humanity, who believe they serve the last or only spirit of humanity and in turn are protected from their death rages.

Otherwise, yes I would like more on Pangaeans. I would find it hard to justify, because for the most part they seem to be dead and have little impact on play isn't seven thousand years ago. Perhaps it could fit into something else people, including myself, want. An 'end game' book.

But really, Blasphemies 2.0 would get more use from me than an end game book.

Comment

I'll third that request for updated Bale Hound and Maeljin info.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
        Posts in this color are moderator posts
        Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
        Forum Terms of Use
        the Contact Us link.

Comment

Just show me those predator bodhisattvas.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
            Just show me those predator bodhisattvas.
            You'll want to pay attention to my actual play then :P

‚Äč(No, nothing official or the like, just some of my own initial thoughts and ideas are likely to be depicted in the next story arc of my Hong Kong game).

- Chris Allen
            Freelance Writer, The Pack / Dark Eras / Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition / Idigam Anthology / Fallen World Chronicle / Trinity Aeon

Comment

I want a proper Changing Breeds (maybe rolled together with a Skinchangers update).

Yeah, there were a lot of problems with CB, but it had a neat concept, and there were some cool ideas there.

Yeah, they were technically bluebooks, but everything about them screamed "Werewolf Supplement" to me, especially since Fera rules were also printed in War Against the Pure.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

A section on werewolves in Ancient Sumer (unless that was already taken care of in Dark Eras). The Shadow in the time of the dinosaurs. Something like the Aetherial Realm for spirits, and maybe ideas for shapeshifters that take totems from other planets, like Jupiter. That last one is probably a bit out there, though.

Comment

I would throw money at a book that was "gift, rites and lodges" that grabbed all the gift, rites and lodges from 1st and update to 2nd.

Just that, no fluff, barely any art or fiction. Just delicious crunchy mechanics and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikla Alkis View Post
                    A section on werewolves in Ancient Sumer (unless that was already taken care of in Dark Eras). The Shadow in the time of the dinosaurs. Something like the Aetherial Realm for spirits, and maybe ideas for shapeshifters that take totems from other planets, like Jupiter. That last one is probably a bit out there, though.
                    I dunno. I was honestly curious about that. What happens to a wolf-Blooded that first changes in a place without traditional Auspices looking over them? Say... A space station? Or actually, Luna forbid, landed on the moon? I know it's a bit silly, considering all the obviously dangerous and technical issues, but it's being curious about the outliers that gets new ideas churning.

Comment

Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post
                      I would throw money at a book that was "gift, rites and lodges" that grabbed all the gift, rites and lodges from 1st and update to 2nd.

Just that, no fluff, barely any art or fiction. Just delicious crunchy mechanics and nothing else.
                      I can't think of a book I would want less, nor a book I can think Onyx Path would be less likely to do.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

I can't think of a book I would want less, nor a book I can think Onyx Path would be less likely to do.
                        First a man can dream, dream of delicious crunchy mechanics.

And second they released Armory reloaded which was basically mostly crunchy mechanics.

Comment

First a man can dream, dream of delicious crunchy mechanics.

And second they released Armory reloaded which was basically mostly crunchy mechanics.
                          I wouldn't mind that. I would love to see updated stuff for at least Lodges. Likely gifts, too. And this thread isn't about likelihood, but what you'd like if there were no limits. ^_^
                          Last edited by Threadwrought; 10-14-2016, 08:15 PM. Reason: Added an emote to help denote the intended tone.

Comment

That wasn't Onyx Path, though. And Onyx Path has gone out of their way to express that Hurt Locker is unequivocally not Armory 2e. It's just not the kind of book Onyx Path produces. I mean, at least half of their employees have expressed publicly that they don't view game content in terms of "fluff" and "crunch".

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                              That wasn't Onyx Path, though. And Onyx Path has gone out of their way to express that Hurt Locker is unequivocally not Armory 2e. It's just not the kind of book Onyx Path produces. I mean, at least half of their employees have expressed publicly that they don't view game content in terms of "fluff" and "crunch".
                              I kind like hurt locker because they release a crunchy document with all the rules in it. Saves me the trouble to read through the fluff. :3

Comment

Working...
                              X