Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Get Any Book or Section in WtF, What Would You Want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Get Any Book or Section in WtF, What Would You Want?

Just like the title suggests. If you had your choice of whatever sort of new 2nd Edition book or content in a book you could want, what would you ask Onyx Path Publishing for? What would you like to see expanded on and added to the publishing roster?

I personally really want tribe books once more. But perhaps even more, once the ground work is set, I'd love to have a 'What If' volume. Something exploring alternate possibilities somewhat like a 'Mirrors' book focused on WtF. What if other tribes were in place than the current ones? What if the Pure were the ones trying to keep balance and the Forsaken were the ones who couldn't give a damn? Or what if they had found some modicum of large-scale peace in the face of darker dangers? What if the Idigram had more werewolves than just the Bale Hounds at their beck and call? What if Pangea still existed? What about those strange, outlier auspices in 1e? Or, what if Helios was the Urathas' patron, rather than Luna?

Another thing I'd love is an examination of the Hisil and ancient Pangea. What sort of creatures/spirits are there? How far can it truly reach out away from the Earth? Are there any pangeans left?

And finally... Books of options. I know this sounds weird, but I love the books that give us lots of extra options and ways to fill out a setting. Something that adds more wolf-Blooded tells, or some more Lodge books.

So, what would you guys like to see?

• Monghani
    replied
    Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
    I can't remember whose idea this was, but it was for a set of five books, each about a tribe and its corresponding sacred prey. I wouldn't mind that (especially if it started with Hunters in Darkness and Hosts).
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-working-title

Here ya go!

Also, I put these forward as what I want.

Leave a comment:

• MonsieurCutts
    replied
    Somewhat in the same vein of what you suggested but I would love to see a 'Sacred Prey' book for 2ED a Chapter devoted to each of them. Even better if this contains complete examples or ready to play adversaries for the Storytellers that are pushed for time.

Leave a comment:

• SunlessNick
    replied
    Originally posted by MCN View Post
    I'd like to see a book in the same vein as Predators and Skinchangers. Prey is probably one of the most critical parts of Werewolf. Personally couldn't care less about bale hounds / maeljin myself, but this is where they'd be, along with alternative shifter types, expanded hosts, ridden and more.
    I can't remember whose idea this was, but it was for a set of five books, each about a tribe and its corresponding sacred prey. I wouldn't mind that (especially if it started with Hunters in Darkness and Hosts).

Leave a comment:

• Lost-His-Mind
    replied
    Blasphemies 2.0 and Predators 2.0 are sharing my top of the list, with Tribes/Signs of the Moon holding second place and The Pure on third place.

Leave a comment:

• Threadwrought
    replied
    There is something I've been curious about. In one of the Mirrors books, space opera is discussed some. but as has been pointed out some already... The possibilities of a werewolf actually first changing -on- the moon are interesting. But what about if they were outside the solar system in a grim, futuristic setting? I'd honestly like to see a grim future setting in Werewolf where the Forsaken have used Luna's initial aid to ally with other moons... And the resulting bizarre Forsaken with perhaps completely alien Auspices that follow. Are they still Luna's children? Are they still Forsaken? And what might the Pure do or react with at the possibility of having 'auspices' untainted by their most despised foe?

Leave a comment:

• Geckopirateship
    replied
    I can't even describe what I'd do for an entire book on WatP-style shifters. Especially if it threw in some hack ideas/possibilities for adapting the rest of the line to focus on more varieties of shifters, or incorporating them into packs. Speaking of, I've heard that The Pack has info on other supernatural beings as part of a werewolf pack, will there be anything on other shifters there?

I love lists of stuff, so if you just gave me a long list of profiles and story information and stats of various shifter types, I'd be super happy.

And while I definitely want WatP style shadow societies of shifters, some info on "flukes" might be nice, but I think that'll probably be handled by Deviant.

On the topic of stuff for players, the only thing that I want for werewolf almost as much as more shifters would be playable Claimed and more stuff for playing mortal spiritualists.

Other shifters are great because you don't even have to use them for werewolf, they make great localized miscellaneous weirdness to throw at other splats. Smaller, isolated shadow societies of shapeshifters are particularly good Hunter antagonists.
    Last edited by Geckopirateship; 10-27-2016, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gimmisky
    replied
    A book that explains Influence in a definitive way and gives me examples of it.

A book on the other shifters that could represent weird allies or worthy enemies.

A book that makes the Pure as menacing as I feel they should be.

A Mirror styles book that presents the Tribes as divisions of both philosophy AND origin, mimicking the varied origins of werewolves. A tribe of werewolves turned from being bitten, a tribe of werewolves born of from a family line, a tribe of werewolves born of wolves, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Uxas
    replied
    Ancient Summer setting.

A book o Hosts, fully updating Azlu and Beshilu to 2nd Edition, and ofering other Hosts.

A book o Claimed, updating their Predator Rules to 2nd edition and making them player characters.

Leave a comment:

• MCN
    replied
    I'd like to see a book in the same vein as Predators and Skinchangers. Prey is probably one of the most critical parts of Werewolf. Personally couldn't care less about bale hounds / maeljin myself, but this is where they'd be, along with alternative shifter types, expanded hosts, ridden and more.

Leave a comment:

• Almarck
    replied
    What I want... is a section about going to the Moon. Like physically going there. Possibly a "moon base" setting describing it.

Most times Luna is physically distant... What if you could change that?
    Last edited by Almarck; 10-22-2016, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cecoyotl
    replied
    Same here for a Bale Hounds & maeljin 2.0

Changing Breeds 2.0, I know it was bad but I would love to see this as a supplement for W:tF.

Elder & high PU werewolves. I definitely want to see a book about this. With Dark Eras and this it would be a glorious chronicle to make.

Lodges. I want to see more new or revised lodges from 1st ed.

Setting book(s) like hunting grounds: the rockies, Shadows of the UK & Mexico, and WoD Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    -Bale Hounds, Maeljin and other dark things

-updated WAtP Shapeshifters

-ancient Sumer setting

-lost Firstborns and what they have done in the meantime

-more "city-settings" and their like (because you can never have enough of those)

-something about those spirits of distant stars and such alien things :P

Leave a comment:

• Threadwrought
    replied
    Well... This topic went sour really fast. I'm sorta sorry I brought it up.

Sorry guys.

Leave a comment:

• Acrozatarim
    replied
    Um. As far as I am aware, Myfarog is written by an actual white supremacist and is filled with actual, no-shit racism. If you're just promoting a product you think LokiRavenSpeak would like, Lyrics of War, I'd appreciate it if you chose something less contentious. If you're trying to make some sort of subtle critique of LokiRavenSpeak's tastes by comparing them with the work of a white supremacist... please stop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X