Novas in the seventies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novas in the seventies

In the original Trinity timeline, there was a reference to superheroes first appearing in 1970, 28 years before N-Day. This reference was subsequently excised from all later versions of the timeline. Does anyone know anything about this, or has anyone tried to use it in a game?

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

As I understand it, the 70's reference was written before Aberrant was written, and represents an alternate idea they didn't go with.

Comment

I think there is a newspaper article clipping in one of the books about a man stopping a train or moving his car off the tracks with suspected mega-strength in the 50's but a breif scan of the books where i thought that was didn't turn anything up. Not much is said about it, but there are also some records about a tiny N-day burst sometime in the seventies - that Divis Mal might have caused. I'm not certain, but i believe it suffered the Adventure! curse of being fairly well documented but taken as nonsense by the greater scientific community who simply dismissed the event due to lack of evidence.
      -shrug-
      My brother used those novas in his settings, in fact my brother thinks that stalwarts, mesmers and talents continued to erupt in the intervening years after Adventure! I remember he took a great deal of inspiration from capcom fighting games and a tv from the mid eighties. I thought it was a bit silly to start with, but the whole game was full of fun silver-age sequences and he was more than capable of reconstucting the ideas. I'm sure that isn't the only way to use this obscure nova lore, but it's a way i've seen done with success.
      I tried to get you some page references, but apart from the section in the A:PG, i'm a bit rusty on where to look for things.

Comment

The article you're thinking about is from Project Utopia, and is dated 1964. Thanks for the help. Can't wait for Trinity Continuum!

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

Comment

Ah, very astute of you - that sounds like it, if your Signature is true i wish you great luck in your history - any questions about the Trinity universe of old will be welcome here. I'm not sure continuum is going to be very condusive to linear history - since history may be at the player's fingertips. But, i always had a fondness for the old meta-plot, desite the obstacles it would sometimes erect against good storytelling.

Comment

Working...
          X