Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

*whistles innocently*
    Now question stands. Is this whistle of infinite secret wisdom or do not notice the nonworking piece of lore one?

Comment

Originally posted by Trollroot View Post
      From memory of posts made 10 years ago or so, the bit in the APG about vampiric eufibre was put in with the Colony in mind. The Colony started out as the vampiric eufibre of several powerful elites. While eufibre is normally a mindless organism, it does take on the wearers quantum signature and when enough mental mega-atttributes get imprinted...during some battle, enough of the eufibre got in physical contact to cross a threshold. And the Colony coalesced. A literal colony of vampiric eufibre.

That is what I remember us being told. Whether it was made up on the spot or planned since the APG, I don't know. It has some interesting implications:

The Colony is not human. The Colony was never human. Aberrants mostly started out as humans and have human memories and concerns. Even second-generation Aberrants have humanity in its very recent ancestry. The Colony is no closer to humanity than the bacteria that lives in your guts.

The Colony is not an aberrant. The Colony was never a nova/aberrant.

The Colony was begotten in pure violence, not sex of any kind.

The Colony started out very, very powerful with the quantum signatures of several powerful elites.

The Colony may be an exception to the rule about attributes and mega-attributes. It may have only mega-attributes, making for a cold and different mind indeed.

And presumably, the Colony still needs to feed....
      From very long ago memory, I recall a popular theory being that the Colony was the Tainted evolution of Anibal Buendia, the originator of eufiber. As his mind twisted, he used his unique material to control Novas, and equipment - anything with eufiber in it. He implanted tendrils of the stuff into humans to boost and control them, much like the Colony would later do with sub-Aberrant mutants.

I don't recall if this theory was ever refuted or endorsed by anyone with behind-the-scenes knowledge.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
      WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades
      The Trinity Continuum | ├ćon

Comment

Originally posted by zorb42 View Post

Now question stands. Is this whistle of infinite secret wisdom or do not notice the nonworking piece of lore one?
        Or is it the fact that the idea of the Colony being Buendia originated with Ian Watson. Chill would probably recall better than I since he ran the old TC site for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by lncbill View Post

Or is it the fact that the idea of the Colony being Buendia originated with Ian Watson. Chill would probably recall better than I since he ran the old TC site for quite some time.

That wasn't my idea, no.

Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Did anyone save the old "What really happened" from the old White Wolf site,
            By the power of the Wayback Machine: I HAVE THE POWER! (Although not ALL THE POWER.You need to go to the "Trinity Game Download" section and then click on the "Trinity: The story so far" link. That bt was always so well hidden that most people on the Trinity/Aberrant forums of the time didn't know about it.)

Also a developer chat.
            Last edited by Trollroot; 08-19-2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lncbill View Post

No idea, I didn't really pay much attention to Aberrant era stuff. That and I'm lazy / forgetful.

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
              H.S.U.

Comment

By the power of the Wayback Machine: I HAVE THE POWER! (Although not ALL THE POWER.You need to go to the "Trinity Game Download" section and then click on the "Trinity: The story so far" link. That bt was always so well hidden that most people on the Trinity/Aberrant forums of the time didn't know about it.)

Also a developer chat.
                Wow, that's a flashback - thanks for the link, that's a fun read

Yeah, Colony = rival of Divis Mal, that's all the official stuff I can remember. I vaguely remember there being a fairly long debate on the EON forums about who the Colony was, but honestly I didn't take the time to read it (like, well, pretty much most of the Aberrant era related threads back on EON). I think this is an archive over on rpgpost.com of a lot of the old EON threads. Not sure how complete it is of if that thread is even in there: http://www.rpgpost.com/forum/126-tri...-rpg/?page=102

Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
                H.S.U.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzykuma View Post

Where in the book is Adam mention?
                  Adam is introduced on p. 138-139 of the Project Utopia book. He, his dead fraternal twin (Eva), and the Proteus experiment known as "The Children" are all part of the entry on Doctor Richard Toiho . . . with a bit more on The Children under the nova, "Montressor"

Comment

I can't help but imagine that the big fight between Michael and Maxwell in WW2, that the both vanished during, happened in the early morning of July 16th, 1945 in the New Mexico desert outside Alamogordo - at a site called Trinity.

Michael was trying to use the first man-made nuclear explosion to trigger world-wide eruption, and Maxwell as trying to stop him. This is the blast that threw Maxwell into the 22nd Century.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      I can't help but imagine that the big fight between Michael and Maxwell in WW2, that the both vanished during, happened in the early morning of July 16th, 1945 in the New Mexico desert outside Alamogordo - at a site called Trinity.
                      That's clever.
                      It fits with Mal/Primoris' inferred goals, uses the era and adds a fun, pulpy element to the canon clash. I won't get into Maxwell's side here, but that's an interesting angle there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post

Adam is introduced on p. 138-139 of the Project Utopia book. He, his dead fraternal twin (Eva), and the Proteus experiment known as "The Children" are all part of the entry on Doctor Richard Toiho . . . with a bit more on The Children under the nova, "Montressor"
                        I will hijack this. I kinda hope Adam and Co will get nuked out of the canon, together with idea of extreme increase of powers in second and third generation of Abberants. It just ties Nova too much and makes them too strong and thus too influential on the plot, even if they do not exist. I am not against the node brain idea, but imo that should make you more taint resistant, with price being slowed power increase.

Comment

Working...
                        X