News on if and when trinity will be released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on if and when trinity will be released

Hi trinity forum contributers, does anyone have any news on when or if the new main book will come out?

Has anyone been keeping up with the updates and can they give me an idea of what's going on?

If? Yes. When? We don't do release estimates.

Please see the Monday Meeting Notes blog posts for project progress.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager
    Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

The square root of soon is never.

Last I heard, thought was there would be a Kickstarter in 2017 towards the end of the year. Of course, it looks like there hasn't been much progress on the book - it's been in "First draft" stage for well over a year now. Assuming 2017 holds true, and assuming there aren't any other hiccups, we should see Aeon+Core at least in PDF form sometime in 2018, with the physical book being something like 6 months later.

Last I heard there was some kind of undisclosed bottleneck on the project; hopefully that has either been cleared or is clearable.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
        If? Yes. When? We don't do release estimates.

Please see the Monday Meeting Notes blog posts for project progress.
        Fair enough Ian, you can't blame a guy for being skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgar View Post
          Last I heard, thought was there would be a Kickstarter in 2017 towards the end of the year. Of course, it looks like there hasn't been much progress on the book - it's been in "First draft" stage for well over a year now.
          Project status shows the latest fully-complete state of the entire project. There are portions of the book which are beyond first draft status and have been for some time, but the chapters which needed the new Storypath rules in place are further behind.

Last I heard there was some kind of undisclosed bottleneck on the project; hopefully that has either been cleared or is clearable.
          Not really undisclosed. Getting Storypath done and filling a couple of late gaps with the authors were the primary issues.

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

Well, there hasn't been any news on the homepage since April '16 so pardon my skepticism on your planned schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Project status shows the latest fully-complete state of the entire project. There are portions of the book which are beyond first draft status and have been for some time, but the chapters which needed the new Storypath rules in place are further behind.

Not really undisclosed. Getting Storypath done and filling a couple of late gaps with the authors were the primary issues.
              Can you tell us if all the Storypath rules are established yet, or are those still in flux as Scion gets ready? I understand that mechanics unique to the Continuum will take the longest, and appreciate the extra time spent on them.

Comment

Core Storypath is largely established. Scion's caused a few tweaks, yes, but it's largely a done deal.

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

And it looks like we are up to redlines at least on the core.

Comment

This is the one thing I really, really want to back, as it gives me a shot at a new, shock-tested and fully-baked Aberrant. Aberrant was the one that stood out for me, and it's the one I'm most jonesing for.

Comment

Will this game line follow the original... that the first book (after the core rule) will be set in the future of Aeon before proceeding backwards towards the near-present of Aberrant and the past of Adventure... or will it proceed in a more chronological order (starting with the origins of such beings in Adventure, seeing them grow in Aberrant... and then the end result in Aeon)?

​Personally, I am hoping the latter as doing the former will reveal a lot of spoilers for my gaming group (after playing Aeon and seeing what the Aberrants become, my players are less likely to be thrilled about playing Novas when they know that no matter how heroic they may be, their fate is to become god-like monsters in the future... at least that is how they are likely to see it).

A third possibility (though an unlikely one I think) would see the three settings being published simultaneously... allowing fans of the game to start anywhere along the timeline of the setting... with additional eras and support for the established ones being released over time.

​Regardless of how it is released, I am likely to wait until all three of the main eras have been released before introducing my playing group to the setting... as the chronicle idea I have been working on would span these eras anyways.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstripe View Post
                        Will this game line follow the original... that the first book (after the core rule) will be set in the future of Aeon before proceeding backwards towards the near-present of Aberrant and the past of Adventure... or will it proceed in a more chronological order (starting with the origins of such beings in Adventure, seeing them grow in Aberrant... and then the end result in Aeon)?

​Personally, I am hoping the latter as doing the former will reveal a lot of spoilers for my gaming group (after playing Aeon and seeing what the Aberrants become, my players are less likely to be thrilled about playing Novas when they know that no matter how heroic they may be, their fate is to become god-like monsters in the future... at least that is how they are likely to see it).

A third possibility (though an unlikely one I think) would see the three settings being published simultaneously... allowing fans of the game to start anywhere along the timeline of the setting... with additional eras and support for the established ones being released over time.

​Regardless of how it is released, I am likely to wait until all three of the main eras have been released before introducing my playing group to the setting... as the chronicle idea I have been working on would span these eras anyways.
                        It's following the original; Trinity Continuum: Aeon is on the project status list alongside the Continuum corebook.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                        X