kickstarter in January

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickstarter in January

So the Monday Meeting notes said that the kickstarter will be in January 2018, what do people hope for in terms of stretch goals?

Worth pointing out that the KS is gonna be for the Continuum corebook and Aeon, which means stuff for Aeon, the present day, and setting-neutral stuff is all potentially on the table.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

The stretch goals will probably be close to the Scion ones. Factions other than the Psi Orders, Political groups, dice (at a much lower tier this time, I hope!) Pregenerated characters, etc.

Comment

maybe/hopefully a jumpstart, those are useful for those new to the system + setting

Comment

I suppose it depends on what we get from the core. I wouldn't be opposed to alternate modes, or maybe a small supplement on cool advanced tech. In general I like it when the offer the stretch goal that give the contractors a small pay bump. Just seems real classy.

Comment

This is an interesting one, because Aeon and core Continuum are distinct genres - Aeon is future sci-fi kitchen sink, while core Continuum is present-day action-adventure kitchen sink.

So, what might be likely?

T-shirts. That's basically an OP given at this point.
            Jumpstarts for both settings.
            Pregens for both settings.
            Extra Allegiances for both.
            Aeon translation guide.
            ...An anthology would be odd. I could see limiting it to Aeon or the core, or opening up the breadth of the Continuum.
            Something like the Demon Seed collection for Demon: the Descent - book(s) of locations where interesting stuff's going down. Would be particularly nice for Aeon, showcasing the range of sci-fi subgenres it has.
            LARP rules, perhaps? They did it for Scion...
            Something from Earplay.
            Possibly era books where you'd only need Talents.

Comment

Something that was done for WtA, and MtAs was a m20/w20 cookbook, and thats just great, it is something i can only see working for Aeon, giving us food from across the different orders

Comment

Keep them coming, folks! Loving all your ideas and it's great to get them ahead of time to parse into our own list. Thanks!

Comment

it seems like a big ask, but, something i loved from Exalted second edition was the comics, i mean rather than intro fiction it had intro comics, now i'm not going to suggest these comics in the core book, but having some of the the fiction in say an anthology for Aeon being done as comics would be really cool

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
                    it seems like a big ask, but, something i loved from Exalted second edition was the comics, i mean rather than intro fiction it had intro comics, now i'm not going to suggest these comics in the core book, but having some of the the fiction in say an anthology for Aeon being done as comics would be really cool
                    Mm. Maybe something like the Exalted 3E KS, which managed to get a comic as a stretch goal?

Comment

yeah something like that, i mean trinity is so pulpy, hell aberrant is superhero based, surely these are generas where comics belong

Comment

I think I'd be into an era book or two. A tech book would be great too.

Comment

Originally posted by [B][URL="http://forum.theonyxpath.com/member/51-marin
                          marin[/URL]"[/B]]This is an interesting one, because Aeon and core Continuum are distinct genres - Aeon is future sci-fi kitchen sink, while core Continuum is present-day action-adventure kitchen sink.
                          Wait, what?!? I thought that "continuum" meant the whole spread from Adventure to Trinity, the universe these exist in as it were. What's this about being a separate genre, or present day?? I'm so confused.

Comment

the core continuum book is going to contain a modern day action adventure setting, presumably so you can play something with just that book, rather than needing both continuum core + aeon or aberrant (whenever that comes out) or whatever other setting book you use.

Comment

Any interest in music for the settings? I know they have done it before, and I think we could get some really interesting pieces out of Aeon. one of the problems I see is going to needing to offer things that can fit in with both the modern and the scifi settings simultaneously. So that you don't have a tier stall because only part of the fan base wants to throw money at it

Comment

Working...
                              X