Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kickstarter in January

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thanks, IanWatson, I understand things much better now.

    Originally posted by IanWatson
    Aberrant was released in 1999, and was set in 2008, with supplements taking it up to 2015. So it was set 10-15 years in the future, rather than today (whenever "today" is). Since we're 20 years later from the original game, Aberrant's getting pushed forward 20 years to 2028. It's still "near future," by about the same amount as the original game was.
    I get it. I understand that the default time to start play was 2008 before, but what I meant by "modern" was that the events of Aberrant started in 1999, with the Fireman and all that, so that was pretty much the same time as IRL. So is it going to be the same/similar in the new version? If the default game start is 2028, is the original incidents going to be 9 years or so before, in 2019? Not exactly today, but pretty close. And if so, how will that affect the default nameless subsetting set today (-ish, whenever the game comes out)? Will that be part of the things to do is watch the Aberrant era kick off (once you have that supplement anyway)?

    Comment


    • #32
      Sorry for apparently setting off the “Action” confusion with my comment about what I keep calling it in my head. I didn’t mean to confuse anyone into thinking it was the real name.


      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

      Comment


      • #33
        I do really like the balance of Adventure! being set in the 1920s, Aberrant in the 2020s, and Aeon in the 2120s.


        Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

        Comment


        • #34
          So, what would I like for strech goals. Actually, nothing. I want it all in the first place! ;-) But since you asked:

          - Arts! I like great arts in RPGs. Would be a shame to read through a dozen pages in the books without being distracted by a pic which lets you dive into the setting and getting an additional idea for your next session

          - I'm big fan of the Aeon Trinity game. I don't know how exactly the setting has changed (orders, politics etc.). If in a high enough degree, an additional book about orders, colonies, aliens, technology, general life etc. would be great.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by shuragil View Post
            I'm big fan of the Aeon Trinity game. I don't know how exactly the setting has changed (orders, politics etc.). If in a high enough degree, an additional book about orders, colonies, aliens, technology, general life etc. would be great.
            I'd love to see stretch goals focussed on expanding the setting material greatly: space exploration, exploring extrasolar colonies, alien worlds, alien races, the various solar system habitats and nations (instead of them being tied necessarily to order splat books) - preferably leaving out anything about deep-space 'novas', keep it Psion/2120 specific. Gimme more Aeon era setting fluff and quite I'm happy. No interested in things like fiction. No interest in 1st edition PDF libraries and anything else not original for the tweaked setting.


            Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
            H.S.U.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by CHILL View Post

              I'd love to see stretch goals focussed on expanding the setting material greatly: space exploration, exploring extrasolar colonies, alien worlds, alien races, the various solar system habitats and nations (instead of them being tied necessarily to order splat books) - preferably leaving out anything about deep-space 'novas', keep it Psion/2120 specific. Gimme more Aeon era setting fluff and quite I'm happy. No interested in things like fiction. No interest in 1st edition PDF libraries and anything else not original for the tweaked setting.
              Eh, the library'll probably be a pledge tier, going by previous KSes.


              Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

              Comment


              • #37
                I'd be into a book of art. Maybe it's a comic, maybe not. But a large gallery of locations, people, tech, etc would be kind of awesome beyond what fits in the game books. Would for sure love for every piece of tech to have artwork or schematics. This is likely a pipe dream but an app for keeping track of your character(s) on your phone might be nice. I love the piece of paper but I'm spitballing a bit here. Dice apps are great and a branded one may be fun too.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by marin View Post

                  Eh, the library'll probably be a pledge tier, going by previous KSes.
                  Almost certainly they'll be available one way or another - old edition PDFs keep coming up in other Kickstarters so there must be enough interest in that kind of offering - and/or its a really cheap way to add "stuff" to a KS. As someone who has them all already for Aeon, plus multiple copies of each print book it's not a consideration for me, YMMV of course.


                  Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
                  H.S.U.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by CHILL View Post

                    Almost certainly they'll be available one way or another - old edition PDFs keep coming up in other Kickstarters so there must be enough interest in that kind of offering - and/or its a really cheap way to add "stuff" to a KS. As someone who has them all already for Aeon, plus multiple copies of each print book it's not a consideration for me, YMMV of course.

                    The 1st edition PDFs don't interest me either as I also own them already. I also don't care for the Earplays from Pugmire. I prefer the stretch goals be something I can actually hold in my grubby hands. Perhaps a deal with a site like Hero Forge to make Trinity style miniatures? Paizo just did a KS for miniatures to go with their Starfinder line but they cost a fortune.


                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I have a question: Is the Kickstarter just for the core book is Aeon included like with Scion?

                      Also, will there be a draft text preview similar to Cavaliers of Mars or Dark Eras 1?


                      Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
                        I have a question: Is the Kickstarter just for the core book is Aeon included like with Scion?
                        They've said it'll include both the Trinity Continuum core RPG, and the AEON rpg books.

                        Originally posted by KingCarnival View Post
                        Also, will there be a draft text preview similar to Cavaliers of Mars or Dark Eras 1?
                        No idea on that one.


                        Trinity Continuum G+ Fan Community
                        H.S.U.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          So looking forward to this

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Unfortunately I will not be able to fund this one. After having to wait well over a year for my Scion books I no longer have faith in the capacity of onyx path to deliver a product in anything like a timely manner.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I'd really like to have a pledge tier for having a location named in the world. Perhaps a planet for Aeon, a building or something for Aberrant, and perhaps a company or something like that? Name a something, basically.

                              A great stretch goal would be an actual play with Ian and others playing the game. Perhaps their could be a pledge level for this too. I'd also love to see an audio play or a mini-comic at the very least as others have mentioned.

                              This is a long shot, but I'd love a Divis Mal action figure as a stretch goal.


                              Find my products on the ST Vault here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/pro...iate_id=235787

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by rickayelm View Post
                                Unfortunately I will not be able to fund this one. After having to wait well over a year for my Scion books I no longer have faith in the capacity of onyx path to deliver a product in anything like a timely manner.
                                You kidding? They're only like two months late at this point. That's not a huge delay. That's barely a blip. And they've been completely upfront about why they're late, too.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X