Trinity Developers on 16Miles2Hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spaaace View Post
    - The PC's will have a "skill" for each Aptitude in their Mode and a Psi score and a Psi pool to use to power abilities
    Kind of. Characters don’t have to take a separate skill in each Mode (which is how I’m reading what you’ve said - apologies if I’m incorrect) - Psi power activation is always Psi dots + Mode dots. If you have Psi 3 and Iatrosis 3, you roll 6 dice.

I eliminated the 1st edition need for characters to base psi activation rolls on non-psi skills. Firstly, it meant characters had to spread their precious xp too thin, secondly, it meant you had to remember what level of Mode paired with what what skill, which slowed down play, and third, it made no sense that a vitakinetic needed training and experience in Medicine to be able to use psi, while a psychokinetic didn’t need a PhD in aerodynamics to be able to fly.

Once the campaign kicks off and the psi rules get offered for backers, I’m happy to talk more about the design philosophies that went into it. Just make a thread and let me know.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Kind of. Characters don’t have to take a separate skill in each Mode (which is how I’m reading what you’ve said - apologies if I’m incorrect) - Psi power activation is always Psi dots + Mode dots. If you have Psi 3 and Iatrosis 3, you roll 6 dice.

I eliminated the 1st edition need for characters to base psi activation rolls on non-psi skills. Firstly, it meant characters had to spread their precious xp too thin, secondly, it meant you had to remember what level of Mode paired with what what skill, which slowed down play, and third, it made no sense that a vitakinetic needed training and experience in Medicine to be able to use psi, while a psychokinetic didn’t need a PhD in aerodynamics to be able to fly.

Once the campaign kicks off and the psi rules get offered for backers, I’m happy to talk more about the design philosophies that went into it. Just make a thread and let me know.

I reversed my mode and aptitude terms by mistake. I believe we're on the same page now. There's a rating (similar to a skill rating) for each mode in an aptitude. Ie. you could be a Vitakinetic with Iatrosis:3, Mentatis:1 and Algesis: 0 is how I understood it.

I would love to know more when you can say more!

Comment

I reversed my mode and aptitude terms by mistake. I believe we're on the same page now. There's a rating (similar to a skill rating) for each mode in an aptitude. Ie. you could be a Vitakinetic with Iatrosis:3, Mentatis:1 and Algesis: 0 is how I understood it.
        Correct, although those vitakinesis Modes aren’t necessarily correct any more...

I would love to know more when you can say more!

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

Correct, although those vitakinesis Modes aren’t necessarily correct any more...
          Now that's just mean... 😜

Comment

Now that's just mean... 😜
            12 more hours...
            Last edited by Bunyip; 01-29-2018, 11:39 PM. Reason: MIscoalculated the time zone difference.

Comment

12 more hours...

It's like 'night before Christmas' jitters, am I right?

Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
              WoD: W20 Rage Across the World, W20 Umbra
              CofD: Night Horrors: The Unbidden, Night Horrors: The Tormented, "Legacy" in the WtF Anthology
              Trinity Continuum: Aeon

Comment

- Some minor changes to how the Esperanza happened.
                ​Having written (among other things) the Europe update, I hope people enjoy the changes in presentation and setting we've made for the new edition

​Excited now that the kickstarter is almost here!

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Personally, I would love to be able to pick up a PDF of the Battlegrounds rulebook as a stretch goal or add on.
                  On a related note, the followup book "Trinity: Battleground Players Guide" is available for free on DTRPG.

Ad Astra

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post

On a related note, the followup book "Trinity: Battleground Players Guide" is available for free on DTRPG.
                    Cool, thanks!

Comment

So, this is more a general Onyx Path/White Wolf question, but since two people have identified that they have written for the book, I wanted to ask.

Usually OP books have a list of writers at the front of the book, but not which sections they worked on. I have always been curious who worked on what, but I'm not sure how to find that out. It's like knowing that you liked one series of books by a particular author, and then seeing their name on something else - I would be curious to read the new thing they did if I liked the last thing they did. However, with the credits system in as it stands I won't know who wrote the FSA section (for example) and I can't follow their work onto other projects.

Is there a way to get broad strokes of which authors worked on which sections?

Comment

As far as I am aware, the main way that exists is just to ask writers which bits they worked on, as long as you're understanding that not every writer is going to want to or feel comfortable going into such details or, indeed, spending their time on a public internet forum discussing stuff in the first place.

​(Then there are reprobates such as myself who basically champ at the bit for releases to happen so we can talk to people about stuff we wrote ).

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

I don't think Larssen will be putting up with crap from anyone, including the UN. I guess we'll see what she had to give up to get the veneer of respectability. I wonder what's going to happen to the Second Legion?
                          The Second Legion is now the Sacred Legion. They left the psi order when the UN started tightening the screws and joined the Papal Swiss Guard. Having attained Swiss citizenship through an as-yet-undisclosed deal brokered by everyone's favorite Aesculapian proxy, they serve as the Vatican's psionic Inquisition.

- C.
                          Last edited by Tegyrius; 01-30-2018, 09:25 PM.

Clayton A. Oliver • Some Dude With a Keyboard

This is the sound of me breathing.

Comment

Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
                            As far as I am aware, the main way that exists is just to ask writers which bits they worked on, as long as you're understanding that not every writer is going to want to or feel comfortable going into such details or, indeed, spending their time on a public internet forum discussing stuff in the first place.

​(Then there are reprobates such as myself who basically champ at the bit for releases to happen so we can talk to people about stuff we wrote ).
                            As Acrozatarim said, the best thing to do is ask. Most of the writers who hang around these forums and post are pretty happy to talk about what they wrote. How else are you going to know which authors you love?

Comment

Originally posted by Tegyrius View Post

The Second Legion is now the Sacred Legion. They left the psi order when the UN started tightening the screws and joined the Papal Swiss Guard. Having attained Swiss citizenship through an as-yet-undisclosed deal brokered by everyone's favorite Aesculapian proxy, they serve as the Vatican's psionic Inquisition.

- C.
                              *Laughs* Now I kind of want to write a continuum splinter where this is true.

Comment

As Acrozatarim said, the best thing to do is ask. Most of the writers who hang around these forums and post are pretty happy to talk about what they wrote. How else are you going to know which authors you love?
                                Well, there's always the option of plying us with booze at the Big Bar on 2.

- C.

Clayton A. Oliver • Some Dude With a Keyboard

This is the sound of me breathing.

Comment

Working...
                                X