Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you name the Allegiances that were not included in the Core? Ian mentioned (it's somewhere in this forum) that he had 17 Allegiances; the Core only describes 13.

Comment

No, sorry.

Discussing cut material never really ends well.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
        No, sorry.

Discussing cut material never really ends well.

Fair enough. Will we see them in future supplements or are they cut for good?

Comment

We'll see.

Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Aka posted by me on the kickstarter but it's important to me.

May I ask from someone who completely gets it to explain a but more how damage corresponds to health loss, the whole health system, and it's healing. This is one of those areas that hasn't clicked for me yet. (I much prefer a hit point system to be honest.) But I love the system so far and so I want it to click!

It's a problem I have had in all storyteller incarnations.

Comment

I have a question: in the Trinity Core Preview 1 page 29 the cost for Path is 15 Experience, but in the page 32, under "Advancement with Paths" the cost is 5 Experience. What is the correct cost?

Thanks for help me!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowninja View Post
                I have a question: in the Trinity Core Preview 1 page 29 the cost for Path is 15 Experience, but in the page 32, under "Advancement with Paths" the cost is 5 Experience. What is the correct cost?

Thanks for help me!
                It's supposed to be 15 points. That is one of those things that we were fiddling with right before the text went to Kickstarter, so we'll make sure we clean up any stray references.

Danielle Lauzon, Requiem Developer, Storypath Guru, freelance writer

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Oxbrow View Post

9 is focused on high-tech crime and terrorism, the NOER on Flux and paraphysical phenomena. There's some overlap as technology gets more advanced and people use Flux abilities aggressively, but also areas that only one or the other would investigate.

At this point there's also the clear distinction that NOER is US government, and 9 is a private-intelligence-contractor that works with many different national and multinational entities. So the fact that they overlap in purview works as they're positioned to be competitors in those cases.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I was looking at the Path Creation section of the combined Core that starts on page 30 and the discussion of Contacts and using Connections has some inconsistencies. For example, the Contacts section says you can allocate (Path) dots between multiple Contacts, but the using Connections section says that all Connections have a rating equal to (Path).

Also, if your Contacts get an additional Tag for each dot you give to them and give Enhancement equal to their dots, then buying one Contact who does everything is strictly better than splitting them up into multiple single dot Contacts. There doesn’t seem to be any mechanical down side to knowing a Fixer who knows everyone and can get you anything, instead of knowing five people who can each help you out in a different area.

That section could use some review.

Comment

I'm putting this here as I didn't want to simply create a new thread for this and we'll this is a Kickstarter thread.

But I totally enjoyed the Æon Developer Notes posted by John Snead on the kickstarter (and any similar comments made by others).

When Trinity Continuum Aberrant comes around having such a similar thing would be quite beneficial to seeing where things are going.

Ps. As a note I have reread the two files, it's just so brilliant.

Comment

Would anybody be willing to present some examples of items built for the modern setting using the Super-Science rules? I'm having a hard time fully parsing how they should work and it feels like examples might be helpful.

Comment

I can't help but think, especially after hearing the sad news today of the Galatea explosion, may those on it rest in peace, that it would be cool if said space station had a segment in the news portion of the core book. Nothing major just a nifty mention. Hehe

Comment

Isn't it a bit much to have Skill Tricks, Edges (enhanced), and Gifts? Seem kind of cluttered and confusing what something should be if you homebrew.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                              Isn't it a bit much to have Skill Tricks, Edges (enhanced), and Gifts? Seem kind of cluttered and confusing what something should be if you homebrew.

Not really. Things that should only be available to Talents go into Gifts. For the other two it's just a question of whether it builds directly on an Skill or not.

Comment

Keep in mind also that Skill Tricks aren’t available at character creation. They come later to specifically reflect character advancement and in-game mastery of their field.

Comment

Working...
                                X