Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't have access to Trinity previews, but regarding skills, i was looking the Character sheets on this thread (http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...haracter-sheet), and was wondering: Since all kind of skills were merged on single ones, like Science, humanities, culture and larceny, shouldn't Persuasion and Command be merged on a single one like "Influence" or something like that?
    Last edited by oparra; 04-11-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oparra View Post
      Since all kind of skills were merged on single ones, like Science, humanities, culture and larceny, shouldn't Persuasion and Command be merged on a single one like "Influence" or something like that?
      Persuasion and Command cover different ways of influencing a person. Persuasion is used to manipulate, whereas Command is intended to give orders (often, but not necessarily, from a position of authority) and expect them to the followed.

Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
      WoD: W20 Rage Across the World, W20 Umbra
      CofD: Night Horrors: The Unbidden, Night Horrors: The Tormented, "Legacy" in the WtF Anthology
      Trinity Continuum: Aeon

Comment

Originally posted by MythicFox View Post

Persuasion and Command cover different ways of influencing a person. Persuasion is used to manipulate, whereas Command is intended to give orders (often, but not necessarily, from a position of authority) and expect them to the followed.

I know. And I agree. But, i think that this kind of difference from manipulate, lead and even intimidate, still converge into a single skill that deal with "your ability to influence people", the same way that culture have different fields of activities to "know, understand and produce arts", or Larceny to "Trick, mislead or deceive people". IMHO, since skills have more "wide" fields, i believe that both persuade and command could be merged...

Sorry for any mistakes. My english is not very good...
        Last edited by oparra; 04-13-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X