Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't have access to Trinity previews, but regarding skills, i was looking the Character sheets on this thread (http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...haracter-sheet), and was wondering: Since all kind of skills were merged on single ones, like Science, humanities, culture and larceny, shouldn't Persuasion and Command be merged on a single one like "Influence" or something like that?
    Last edited by oparra; 04-11-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oparra View Post
      Since all kind of skills were merged on single ones, like Science, humanities, culture and larceny, shouldn't Persuasion and Command be merged on a single one like "Influence" or something like that?
      Persuasion and Command cover different ways of influencing a person. Persuasion is used to manipulate, whereas Command is intended to give orders (often, but not necessarily, from a position of authority) and expect them to the followed.

Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
      WoD: W20 Rage Across the World, W20 Umbra
      CofD: Night Horrors: The Unbidden, Night Horrors: The Tormented, "Legacy" in the WtF Anthology
      Trinity Continuum: Aeon

Comment

Originally posted by MythicFox View Post

Persuasion and Command cover different ways of influencing a person. Persuasion is used to manipulate, whereas Command is intended to give orders (often, but not necessarily, from a position of authority) and expect them to the followed.

I know. And I agree. But, i think that this kind of difference from manipulate, lead and even intimidate, still converge into a single skill that deal with "your ability to influence people", the same way that culture have different fields of activities to "know, understand and produce arts", or Larceny to "Trick, mislead or deceive people". IMHO, since skills have more "wide" fields, i believe that both persuade and command could be merged...

Sorry for any mistakes. My english is not very good...
        Last edited by oparra; 04-13-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

In both the Core and Aeon books, I don't think i found any rules covering starting gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Heartless Koschei View Post
            In both the Core and Aeon books, I don't think i found any rules covering starting gear?
            Unless it’s some kind of super-device, general possessions would be whatever is justified by your Paths.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Mixed actions in combat, page 110 states (in short)
              3 actions
              Escape from chair (dif 1)
              Disarm thug (dif 1)
              kick bomb out window (dif 0)
              Example says this requires 5 successes.

Difficulty, page 74 states:
              Every action has a level of Difficulty. For many actions that level is 1. The level of Difficulty is the number of successes a player must spend to overcome how hard the task is. So, for a task with 1 Difficulty, a player needs to roll at least 1 success to complete the task.

Storypath System preview, page 3 shows a difficulty 3 roll requires a total of three successes to achieve.

Do mixed actions require an additional success per action, or is the 5 success requirement listed in error?

Comment

You need to buy off the Difficulty and still have a success per action to make it happen. In the example above, to escape the chair you need to buy off diff 1 and have one success to then escape for a total of 2 successes, to disarm the thug you need to buy off diff 1 and have one success to grab the weapon for a total of 2 successes, then to kick the bomb out the window you need one success as there’s no extra Difficulty to buy off. Total = 5 successes.

I believe the section on Difficulty on p74 has been clarified that you need to able to spend a success on an action, after difficulty is accounted for, to be able to perform the action. Otherwise, various actions with no additional difficulty would succeed without rolling any successes.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
                WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

So the system preview diagram should be updated to have 4 as the green number for a difficulty 3 roll?

Comment

Getting to pg 119 and Other forms of Damage, Damage Rating.
                    The example states "For example, if a character drank a cocktail someone had laced with cyanide (damage rating 5), she would need to make a Stamina + Resolve roll. If she rolled 4 successes, she succeeded, because she exceeded the Difficulty and thus her 3 remaining successes would subtract from the Damage Rating, reducing it from 5 to 2."

This seems to contradict the idea that you need to spend a success to buy off the difficulty and have a success per action to make it happen.

Is this a contradiction, or is the difference that resisting damage is not counted as an action?

Comment

Working...
                    X