Trinities of Trinity and Other Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinities of Trinity and Other Questions

I'm so glad to see both Trinity (still "Aeon" to me) and Scion being reworked!
    Enjoying slowly making my way through the Scion text file.
    A few questions before I commit to backing Trinity 2:

What are the Trinities of Trinity in 2nd?
    • There used to be the three divisions of Aeon: Triton, Neptune and Proteus
    • That wonderful motto, Hope, Sacrifice, Unity. I actually loved that caption from a Storyteller perspective: 'Hope' for the tone, nice change from doom & gloom WoD stuff. 'Sacrifice' invited for me the concept that the setting was still very challenging and if it came to pass that heroes had to make the ultimate sacrifice, the players could craft a memorable and meaningful exit for their characters, "Unity" as an insistence that we can be greater than the sum of our parts if we act in concert, both at the player team level and more altruistically at the wider spread of humanity and xenosocial exchange level (if that's even a word). I really hope Hope, Sacrifice, Unity is still a theme of Aeon's. Is it?
    • I guess there's the 3 A's of the Continuum: Adventure! Aberrant, Aeon. Though that stands to get diluted with the inclusion of other proposed settings, including the one presented in Core. [*=1]Any other Trinities?
    I like that all 8 Orders will be presented. The tragedy of Chitra Bhanu who got such a bad wrap, I found that very poignant. I very much enjoyed Stellar Frontier with it's developed aptitude and modes of Teleportation. I'm glad all that work will be available as options to players from the outset even if teleportation rules end up tweaked from the Stellar Frontier version. But that threatens one of the beauties of 1st edition for me: I thought it was brilliant to establish a group of teleporters in the setting's background that mysteriously and dramatically disappeared and, having established that, I thought it was a stroke of genius to have the other Orders team up to develop hybrid (cross-aptitude) technologies including the jumpships. So:

Are jumpships still a thing in Aeon 2nd?

My favorite thing about the Orders/aptitudes/Prometheus Chambers both awakening and "locking in" the aptitudes was that it very much promoted cooperation to really benefit from the Doyen's "Gift" Is the Prometheus Effect still a thing in Aeon 2nd?

Do the proxies still have a monopoly on formatting Psions?

I'm sure I have a few more questions but that's a long enough post. Thanks for your helpful answers. Congrats on successful funding in the first few hours! I'm glad the Kickstarter is still open a few more weeks.

Originally posted by Uri Meca View Post
    That wonderful motto, Hope, Sacrifice, Unity. I actually loved that caption from a Storyteller perspective: 'Hope' for the tone, nice change from doom & gloom WoD stuff. 'Sacrifice' invited for me the concept that the setting was still very challenging and if it came to pass that heroes had to make the ultimate sacrifice, the players could craft a memorable and meaningful exit for their characters, "Unity" as an insistence that we can be greater than the sum of our parts if we act in concert, both at the player team level and more altruistically at the wider spread of humanity and xenosocial exchange level (if that's even a word). I really hope Hope, Sacrifice, Unity is still a theme of Aeon's. Is it?
    It's a theme of the entire Continuum.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by Uri Meca View Post
      I'm so glad to see both Trinity (still "Aeon" to me) and Scion being reworked!
      If you've seen the Kickstarter page, you know Aeon is also the name of the new setting.

While there are some differences in details, the large brushstrokes are the same. You have the same psi orders and the same Aptitudes as before, but their Modes are different. The Esperanza still crashed, but the reason why might be different from what you're used to.

There used to be the three divisions of Aeon: Triton, Neptune and Proteus
      This hasn't changed.

That wonderful motto, Hope, Sacrifice, Unity.
      We've been using this during the Kickstarter. This hasn't changed.

I guess there's the 3 A's of the Continuum: Adventure! Aberrant, Aeon. Though that stands to get diluted with the inclusion of other proposed settings, including the one presented in Core.
      Those three continue to be the tentpole eras for a specific reason. Other eras may be single books or single chapters within larger books.

Are jumpships still a thing in Aeon 2nd?
      The reason for why the jumpships were created is the same. The game takes place in 2123, after the teleporters have returned.

You get the idea.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

I always saw Hope, Unity, Sacrifice as the three games: Adventure is Hope, Aeon is Unity, and Aberrant... well they were in a way sacrificed, wen't they?

On a related note, a question: How compatible will the Storypath-variants be? Would it in theory be possbile to take the core book for the Trinity Continuum and for Scion, add in Hero and Aeon or Aberrant, and sotra kinda run The Avengers?

Comment

Thanks marin and Ian. That along with Bunyip's elsewhere comments on his treatment of aptitudes has confirmed what I had a strong hunch would happen: backing this project. Thanks again continuing work on this.

Comment

Working...
          X