X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I recall right in the older books the FSA controls all of North America

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post

Nice, i just came back home and i'm gonna look into that in the evening.
      So far most of my fear (or rather uncertainties) about the setting have been laid to rest.

The only thing left really is i'm curious about the state of Québec (and the rest of Canada) in the future of Aeon. Everybody likes knowing how their home is in sci-fi settings.
      I know the USA are basically a fascist federation (i only read the wiki and the TVTropes page so my knowledge is minimal) and i'm curious how Quebec would react to that. Most sci-fi setting have Québec be independent (Rift and Shadowrun comes to mind). I don't think it would be impossible for future Québec to be a fascist state, but i don't see it being part of a fascist regime without alot of complications. People here can be ... particular about their specialness in relation with the rest of North America(and i mean that in a good way.)

My memory is an Aberrant blows up in the Midwestern united states and basically destroys the majority of farms and the capacity to farm there ever. So because the US has the largest military on the planet they invade and conquer Canada and Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
        inde

Nice, i just came back home and i'm gonna look into that in the evening.
        So far most of my fear (or rather uncertainties) about the setting have been laid to rest.

The only thing left really is i'm curious about the state of Québec (and the rest of Canada) in the future of Aeon. Everybody likes knowing how their home is in sci-fi settings.
        I know the USA are basically a fascist federation (i only read the wiki and the TVTropes page so my knowledge is minimal) and i'm curious how Quebec would react to that. Most sci-fi setting have Québec be independent (Rift and Shadowrun comes to mind). I don't think it would be impossible for future Québec to be a fascist state, but i don't see it being part of a fascist regime without alot of complications. People here can be ... particular about their specialness in relation with the rest of North America(and i mean that in a good way.)
        As of the original edition Québec is nominally an independent sovereign nation after the FSA conquered Canada, emphasis on the nominally. The FSA has license to move troops through and maintain permenant installations, and the Québecois find themselves on a very short leash. Both the FSA and Québecois feel they're little different from any other FSA district, which the Québecois are not happy in the least about, but they're not able to do much in the face of the FSM military.

For the new edition, we find out Tuesday.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

It really bothers me how much less preposterous I find the FSA today than I did in 2000 or so... I miss finding it preposterous....

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

My memory is an Aberrant blows up in the Midwestern united states and basically destroys the majority of farms and the capacity to farm there ever. So because the US has the largest military on the planet they invade and conquer Canada and Mexico.
            Not largest. Most expensive. The US’s military’s unparalleled global advantage is one of technological mass production, not numbers of soldiers. China easily has it beat in that regard.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
            X