This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter Preview Discussion: Æon 01-06 [Spoilers]

The first public Update contains a link to "Unity," the introductory fiction to the Trinity Continuum: Æon rulebook.

The latest backer-only Update contains a link to the first section of the Trinity Continuum: Æon rulebook, including the Introduction, Chapter 1: History & Background, Chapter 2: Earth & Luna. Feel free to discuss below.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

EDIT : My mistake, sorry people. Great job on the Commonwealth write-up and I'm looking forward to the rules for Quantakinetics.
    Last edited by Samudra; 02-13-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

*Problem solved. Need to read faster.*
      Last edited by NullApostle; 02-13-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I can find no instances of "Bharti" but 19 instances of "Bharati." I'm not sure where you're seeing that.

"Bharati Commonwealth" dates back to the original release of Aeon in 1997.

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
          I can find no instances of "Bharti" but 19 instances of "Bharati." I'm not sure where you're seeing that.

"Bharati Commonwealth" dates back to the original release of Aeon in 1997.
          I am so sorry... I'm have no idea why my brain went through that entire passage reading it as Bharti . My mistake... great job on it though, I enjoyed reading it thoroughly

Comment

Wanted to make sure: Pakistan's an oppressive regime (as mentioned in the Middle East section) which's part of the Bharati Commonwealth, right?

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

First I want to say that I would very much like you to know how annoyed I am that your Trinity Continuum is a much cooler name than I'd given to the WW/OP Omniverse I've slowly been unveiling to my players over the last year and a half.

Secondly, will the Aeon chapter featuring how to build Aberrants as antagonists offer enough guidance that once could conceivably convert 1E Aberrant powers to start playing an Aberrant style game sooner rather than later; or will it be more like the version of Aberrants as represented in 1E Trinity.

Comment

dirtypoolfilms it's been mentioned that the Aberrants in Aeon are the 1st Ed variety (sub-mutant space-mad types). The dedicated future Aberrant RPG will contain Nova era powers.

Ad Astra

Comment

I presumed as much, I was just ever hopeful that at least an approximation of Nova play might be available

Comment

The latest backer-only Update contains a link to the second section of the Trinity Continuum: Æon rulebook, including the Introduction, Chapter 3: Space, and Chapter 4: Character Creation. Feel free to discuss below.

Ian A. A. Watson

Comment

Some random thoughts:

Chapter 3
                      page 14: While it is common for super heroes to use names that describe their powers, it feels weird to have the novas use names which describe their function in Eden's society. It feels as if serving Eden's society is their prime function. Perhaps a Mega-Charismatic (or their 2nd Edition equivalent) nova has used his powers to shape his fellow novas and the baselines into this weird but functioning society.

page 21: Yes, thank you, the fight between the novas and the Chromatics sounds now much more realistic.

Chapter 4
                      page 1: Step 5 is printed twice

- Is there a limit to the number of Auxiliary Modes you can have?
                      - Can you later buy more Auxiliary Modes?
                      - Do you need Psi 3 for Teleportation and Quantakinesis Auxiliary Modes?

- Tier 3 Proxy Level Psions: Thank you for including them. I dislike it when NPCs like the Proxies can have powers that PCs can't get.

Comment

I posted this on the kickstarter comments, but I'll also ask it here worded differently.

If you have three dots or more in a skill at character creation, do you get a free skill trick? Because TCore seemed to say NO, but the wording in Æon chapter three seems to say YES.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Weinbrenner View Post

- Is there a limit to the number of Auxiliary Modes you can have?
                          - Can you later buy more Auxiliary Modes?
                          - Do you need Psi 3 for Teleportation and Quantakinesis Auxiliary Modes?
                          - No, but you can only have one dot per Mode. (Or to put it another way - Yes, 21 )
                          - Yes.
                          - Yes.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
                          WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

I have already commented on kickstarter but I’d like to contact the authors for this: Ruan’s world to have it’s sun seemly unmoving should be tidally locked instead of not spinning otherwise it’s day length is equivalent to the year length. I think its important to have it corrected in the final version.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Weinbrenner View Post

- Tier 3 Proxy Level Psions: Thank you for including them. I dislike it when NPCs like the Proxies can have powers that PCs can't get.
                              It will be interesting to see how Players can reach this Tier of Power. The Proxies who are already at this level have a unique reason for it (I'm currently assuming this is a 2nd Ed mechanic based on the influence they were receiving in 1st Ed), so justifying it for Players will be interesting since it is highly unlikely that the Players used the same method (as doing so would likely make the players privy to spoiler information of the setting... like who is actually backing the Proxies). My guess would be that the players would be some of the few naturally gifted Psiads who came by their powers naturally rather than have them enhanced by the Prometheus Chambers as Psions are (or at least something to this effect).

Whether any of this information is revealed in the Aeon book or future releases... only time will tell.

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

Working...
                              X