This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiwazTyrsfist View Post

Perikinesis. Very awesome power, I like the utility powers it gets as it advances. One thing. It says that it increases your armor rating, but never specifies if it's Hard or Soft armor.
    I can see several options.
    Examples assume PK 1 power with 2 mode dots.
    1> Always Soft armor - +2 soft armor
    2> Always Hard armor - +2 hard armor
    3> You can choose, possibly splitting - +2 soft armor OR +2 hard armor OR +1 soft and +1 hard
    4> It does both at once - +2 hard AND +2 soft armor.
    My assumption is the intended is #1, but I can easily see people making a different assumption.
    Perikinesis is always Soft Armor, per John Snead over on RPG.net.

Comment

• So, I've been looking for this rule for quite a while, and I can't seem to find it. How many dice do you roll when activating a Basic Power? It's easy enough for me to assume that you use your highest Mode in that Aptitude + PSI, but it never actually comes right out and says that, so it might be just PSI.

Comment

• What are the differences between Quantum Flux areas that are corrupted and those that aren't?

Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPGJenna Moran's PatreonRobert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
          So, I've been looking for this rule for quite a while, and I can't seem to find it. How many dice do you roll when activating a Basic Power? It's easy enough for me to assume that you use your highest Mode in that Aptitude + PSI, but it never actually comes right out and says that, so it might be just PSI.
          Yes, it’s highest Mode + Psi. I thought it was in there, but can’t find it right now.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Yes, it’s highest Mode + Psi. I thought it was in there, but can’t find it right now.
            Thank you for your reply, and good luck finding it. I've been combing thru the PDF all weekend, meticulously looking for it, and I've come up empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rand Brittain View Post
              What are the differences between Quantum Flux areas that are corrupted and those that aren't?
              Areas that have flux, as described in the Trinity Continuum core, are like ripples in the surface of a pond. They're detectable but otherwise generally have little effect.

Quantum Flux Zones as described in Æon are like someone has dropped a big rock into the pond and stirred up all the mud from the bottom. The splash gets everything around it wet, and you don't want to drink the water.

Ian A. A. Watson
              Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• Page 9 of the preview, in the little offset paragraph titled "Psionic Dice Pools and Cost".
                Last edited by ffanxii4ever; 02-26-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• So would the wackness stirred up by Divis Mal back in the day that resulted in the huge wave of nova eruptions just be a massive regular area of flux, then?

Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPGJenna Moran's PatreonRobert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post
                    Page 9 of the preview, in the little offset paragraph titled "Psionic Dice Pools and Cost".
                    Thank you. I knew it was in there, somewhere.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• I am little confused about Skill Trick, Psions, and Character Creation. In the CORE book it states that character do not start with Skill Tricks, but in Psion it states they do. One could assume that Psions do get Skill Tricks at character creation. However, since most of the rules for Psion character creation come from Continuum book I was wonder if this was just a miss-type/error. Direct clarification would be great.

Comment

• How do Psion's interact with Enhanced Edges? Namely Indomitable, it requires you to spend Inspiration to get its full effect and Psions do not posses that pool of resources. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
                          I am little confused about Skill Trick, Psions, and Character Creation. In the CORE book it states that character do not start with Skill Tricks, but in Psion it states they do. One could assume that Psions do get Skill Tricks at character creation. However, since most of the rules for Psion character creation come from Continuum book I was wonder if this was just a miss-type/error. Direct clarification would be great.

If I'm understanding correctly the Aeon reference is in error and nobody starts with Skill Tricks, they're always bought with experience. But I don't remember where I saw that clarification.

Comment

• The latest backer-only Update contains a link to the fifth section of the Trinity Continuum: Æon rulebook, including Chapter 9: Storyguide Advice, and Chapter 10: Opponents & Allies. Feel free to discuss below.

Ian A. A. Watson
                            Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• Is the last part going to come out or will we have to wait for the official release to see the setting secrets chapter?

Comment

• They have said setting secrets will be released during the Kickstarter. The last day, I think?

Comment

Working...
                                X