This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lian View Post
    Is the last part going to come out or will we have to wait for the official release to see the setting secrets chapter?

Will be posted on Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bioagent View Post
      I am little confused about Skill Trick, Psions, and Character Creation. In the CORE book it states that character do not start with Skill Tricks, but in Psion it states they do. One could assume that Psions do get Skill Tricks at character creation. However, since most of the rules for Psion character creation come from Continuum book I was wonder if this was just a miss-type/error. Direct clarification would be great.
      ​The ruleset was still evolving while I was writing the Aeon chargen, and continued to do so after my drafts were done, so it looks like there's some rationalisation of the changes across all drafts that still needs to be performed - I'm assuming that will happen after the KS has concluded when the drafts go off for their remaining amendments and editing.

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

• The latest backer-only Update contains a link to the fifth section of the Trinity Continuum: Æon rulebook, including Chapter 11: Setting Secrets. Feel free to discuss below.

Ian A. A. Watson
        Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• So if I'm reading this correctly, Superiors are in fact a new name for Stalwarts, and Nippon is secretly a Quantum-oriented powerhouse on Earth.

The Venezuela Event will not happen for another century or so, if it happens at all; and it may not originate in Venezuela or possibly even in the Solar System if it does happen. It probably will happen though, kicking off the next era mentioned at the end of the Future History section the way the Hammersmith, Divas Mal, and Bhurano pulses kicked off the Adventure, Aberrant, and Æon eras, respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
            So if I'm reading this correctly, Superiors are in fact a new name for Stalwarts
            Ehhhh. Yes and no.

Superiors are an artificially-created type of eximorph. The naturally-occurring thing they most closely resemble is Adventure!'s stalwarts, but that's not a 1:1 association, any more than psiads and psions are the same thing.

The Venezuela Event will not happen for another century or so, if it happens at all
            There's no Venezuelan Phenomenon this time around. There's no need within the Aeon timeframe, since the 2104 event takes care of that.

And after Aeon... well, arguably there's no need for any further Hammersmith events, as humanity will have a finer grasp on its own destiny.

Ian A. A. Watson
            Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• So the Melancholy of Transcendent Talents?

Comment

• Close, but I'd say that it's more likely for the central character to be an unknowing Nova with Universe Creation. But yeah; you've got aliens, espers, and (the potential for) time travelers.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                  There's no Venezuelan Phenomenon this time around. There's no need within the Aeon timeframe, since the 2104 event takes care of that.

And after Aeon... well, arguably there's no need for any further Hammersmith events, as humanity will have a finer grasp on its own destiny.
                  Mmm… there is still one reason I can think of to have it: it set up a very nice “time barrier” that would allow you to put strong constraints on any time travelers from after the barrier who wish to visit times before the barrier while still letting them potentially go gonzo in the times after the barrier. That is, if you ever decide to give us a setting with Hyper-Talents who can time travel.

What happens when mankind's destiny decides to come calling, literally?

Comment

• The reveals and ideas in this chapter are great. Including the history background, how the proxies came about, and the Doyn menace. Oh by the way f them.

In comment to comments above, I never really liked the time barrier so I'm fine with other reasons begin given for the Superiors. (Not that there is anythijng wrong with a time barrier, it has it's place.)

I did wonder though do we ever learn who the Colony is. Is he an Aberrant War era nova or something else. I'm curious on that.

Also is he one entity controlling millions others or are there multiple individuals inside the Colony.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                      I did wonder though do we ever learn who the Colony is. Is he an Aberrant War era nova or something else. I'm curious on that.

Also is he one entity controlling millions others or are there multiple individuals inside the Colony.
                      Great questions. My guess, based on nothing but speculation, is it's name is a big clue. Like it started out in a colony of aberrants that went off into deep space to create a new world and a new life, and collapsed into a powerful hivemind. If that's something we already know to be true, pardon me. I don't remember a lot of old stuff and I haven't caught up on my reading.

I'd love to see Colony be a featured threat in an adventure series.

Comment

• Back in the day lots of people liked Sin-Eater or Anibal Buendia (might be mispelled, the guy who created Eufiber) as potential origins for the Colony.

Personally I kind of like the mystery. Every GM can decide individually. Maybe the Colony was nobody we've heard of, even!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topher Gerkey View Post
                          Back in the day lots of people liked Sin-Eater or Anibal Buendia (might be mispelled, the guy who created Eufiber) as potential origins for the Colony.

Personally I kind of like the mystery. Every GM can decide individually. Maybe the Colony was nobody we've heard of, even!

That works too. Mystery or no, I'd love to see it put into action. I liked that the Aeon line had actual adventures.

Comment

• I like the idea that Colony wasn’t someone significant in the Aberrant era.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                              I like the idea that Colony wasn’t someone significant in the Aberrant era.
                              I went in the exact opposite direction. I made it Alejandra, the pop star. Going from beloved by billions to hated freak is more then it would take to make anyone snap.

Comment

• So what's the Venezuela event? Something mentioned as probably going to happen in 1st ed, like fulminating Quantum in a corrupted Zone about to start a New Nova age or something?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                                X