Kickstarter Preview Discussion: Æon 01-06 [Spoilers]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lian View Post
    There goes psionically helping someone transition...
    That's actually called out as a specific use of Vitakinesis (five dots in Iatrosis, Adjust Template).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lian View Post
      There goes psionically helping someone transition...
      Or, you could use the right tool for the job.

Originally posted by Topher Gerkey View Post
      That's actually called out as a specific use of Vitakinesis (five dots in Iatrosis, Adjust Template).

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
      WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• I don't see a Q&A thread so I will ask here.

It seems to me we are missing a Performance and Craft ability. Though it seems Technology can be used to repair and craft, its very emphasized that its more for electronics and such. And how do we do a Performance roll, like play the guitar, or do a fancy dance or Sing? Maybe an edge?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          I don't see a Q&A thread so I will ask here.

It seems to me we are missing a Performance and Craft ability. Though it seems Technology can be used to repair and craft, its very emphasized that its more for electronics and such. And how do we do a Performance roll, like play the guitar, or do a fancy dance or Sing? Maybe an edge?
          To my understanding (and this applies to Scion too, so I would imagine it would apply to all Storypath games), you simply don't have a Craft or a Performance skill. Instead, one of your paths aligns appropriately (something like a Tinkerer or a Rock Star Path), and then what matters is the point of the roll? Are you trying to make people feel something? Presence+Empathy. Are you trying to show off your technical expertise while dancing? Dexterity+Athletics. Are you leading people to goal, like in any number of musicals? Presence+Command. Are you showcasing a specific And so on.

For Craft, again, it matters what the relevant path is and then what you're crafting/repairing. If it is a beautiful portrait or sculpture, it would probably be Dexterity+Humanties, maybe Presence+Humanities for a particularly emotional piece. Are you building a quick-and-dirty shelter in the middle of the woods to keep you out of the rain? Intellect+Survival. Some sort of gadget? Intellect+Science or Technology to plan it, Cunning to jury-rig it, Dexterity if it volatile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            I don't see a Q&A thread so I will ask here.

“Artistic Talent” is a 1-3 point edge. You gain an Enhancement from the Edge toward the goal of your performance or creation (probably Persuasion, Command, Culture, or Larceny)

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• So technically aren't the Doyen basically Psiads?

Comment

• Depends what you mean. If you define psiads as naturally-occurring psions, then you could say yes. If you define psiads as naturally-occurring human psions, no.

If you’re using some other definition entirely, you’ll have to let us know what you’re thinking.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
                WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                  If you define psiads as naturally-occurring psions, then you could say yes.
                  This.

Because to me that is what a Psiad is, a naturally occurring Psion.

Well, really, we should more aptly say that a Psion is an artificial Psiad, but yeah. Hehe

Thanks for the response.

Comment

• I'm not sure you could call the Doyen psiads, though, even if you were using the broader definition of "naturally occurring psion." Because they are extensively genetically engineered. They just stopped short of whatever the final stage of psi power happened to be.

Comment

• Ok I don't see this discussed anywhere else so I'm going to post it here. In the manuscript it says that a tesser can be added to any vessel of size 4 or greater that has the psi tag. By my read, that means an Orgotek Scarab frigate is valid and can run the tesser assuming it has the ARES pod. Is that a correct interpretation?

Comment

• Alright, I know I'm super late on this, but this thread still seems like the best place for general questions. If the limit for teleportation jumps is within the same galaxy, how do jump ships cross lightyears of space? Do they do that in multiple jumps or does some part of the ship help them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lionmanguy View Post
                          Alright, I know I'm super late on this, but this thread still seems like the best place for general questions. If the limit for teleportation jumps is within the same galaxy, how do jump ships cross lightyears of space? Do they do that in multiple jumps or does some part of the ship help them?

Well, the Milky Way galaxy is 100,000 lightyears across, so they don't need to be able to cross the galactic border to travel lightyears. The next closest galaxy (full, not satelite) is Andromeda and it is 2.5 million lightyears away from Earth.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Alright, I know I'm super late on this, but this thread still seems like the best place for general questions. If the limit for teleportation jumps is within the same galaxy, how do jump ships cross lightyears of space? Do they do that in multiple jumps or does some part of the ship help them?
                            Are you confusing galaxies and solar systems? Interstellar jumps between solar systems cross light years of space within the same galaxy. Given the number of star systems in the Milky Way, I honestly can’t imagine a narrative reason to move beyond it in the Aeon setting - I doubt even the Doyen have explored ALL of it.
                            Last edited by glamourweaver; 12-07-2018, 10:08 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

As others have suggested, you may be confusing galaxies and solar systems. The closest star to Earth is Promixma Centauri, and it's 4.2 light years away. The USS Voyager in Star Trek: Voyager was kicked 70,000 light years away and had an extremely long journey ahead of it to return home. Both Proxima Centauri and the destination of the USS Voyager are within the Milky Way galaxy. If Leviathans are limited to travel within our galaxy that doesn't really pose a problem.

Nearly the entirety of Star Trek and the Mass Effect trilogy takes place within the Milky Way. it's plenty big.

Ian A. A. Watson
                              Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

• Ah crap I was. It's been way to long since I've looked into anything astrology, thought those were way smaller. Sorry, ignore me.

Comment

Working...
                                X