This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lian View Post
    There goes psionically helping someone transition...
    That's actually called out as a specific use of Vitakinesis (five dots in Iatrosis, Adjust Template).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lian View Post
      There goes psionically helping someone transition...
      Or, you could use the right tool for the job.

Originally posted by Topher Gerkey View Post
      That's actually called out as a specific use of Vitakinesis (five dots in Iatrosis, Adjust Template).

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• I don't see a Q&A thread so I will ask here.

It seems to me we are missing a Performance and Craft ability. Though it seems Technology can be used to repair and craft, its very emphasized that its more for electronics and such. And how do we do a Performance roll, like play the guitar, or do a fancy dance or Sing? Maybe an edge?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          I don't see a Q&A thread so I will ask here.

It seems to me we are missing a Performance and Craft ability. Though it seems Technology can be used to repair and craft, its very emphasized that its more for electronics and such. And how do we do a Performance roll, like play the guitar, or do a fancy dance or Sing? Maybe an edge?
          To my understanding (and this applies to Scion too, so I would imagine it would apply to all Storypath games), you simply don't have a Craft or a Performance skill. Instead, one of your paths aligns appropriately (something like a Tinkerer or a Rock Star Path), and then what matters is the point of the roll? Are you trying to make people feel something? Presence+Empathy. Are you trying to show off your technical expertise while dancing? Dexterity+Athletics. Are you leading people to goal, like in any number of musicals? Presence+Command. Are you showcasing a specific And so on.

For Craft, again, it matters what the relevant path is and then what you're crafting/repairing. If it is a beautiful portrait or sculpture, it would probably be Dexterity+Humanties, maybe Presence+Humanities for a particularly emotional piece. Are you building a quick-and-dirty shelter in the middle of the woods to keep you out of the rain? Intellect+Survival. Some sort of gadget? Intellect+Science or Technology to plan it, Cunning to jury-rig it, Dexterity if it volatile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            I don't see a Q&A thread so I will ask here.

“Artistic Talent” is a 1-3 point edge. You gain an Enhancement from the Edge toward the goal of your performance or creation (probably Persuasion, Command, Culture, or Larceny)

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• So technically aren't the Doyen basically Psiads?

Comment

• Depends what you mean. If you define psiads as naturally-occurring psions, then you could say yes. If you define psiads as naturally-occurring human psions, no.

If you’re using some other definition entirely, you’ll have to let us know what you’re thinking.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                  If you define psiads as naturally-occurring psions, then you could say yes.
                  This.

Because to me that is what a Psiad is, a naturally occurring Psion.

Well, really, we should more aptly say that a Psion is an artificial Psiad, but yeah. Hehe

Thanks for the response.

Comment

• I'm not sure you could call the Doyen psiads, though, even if you were using the broader definition of "naturally occurring psion." Because they are extensively genetically engineered. They just stopped short of whatever the final stage of psi power happened to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X