Homebrew Psiads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
    You’re right, it’s not a perfect analogy, and it’s full of holes. I haven’t managed to think of a perfect analogy yet.
    There never is, but this one was particularly flawed, and people were starting to act like it was a perfect response, so I felt I need to point out why it was... imperfect at best...

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
    What I’m saying is that although the APG presented a very Aberrant-centric view of the world, and said ‘you can basically use this for psiads as well’, there’s no actual requirement that psiads experience an ‘eruption event’. That’s just because things were written trough an Aberrant game line lens.
    This isn't Aberrant only phenomenon. Every game line, Adventure! and Trinity included, had transformative moments, and still do. In this new edition Talents still have a "Moment of Inspiration", Psions have their time in the tanks, Novas Erupt, Psiads are no different. Even Psions going to from Tier 2-3 is described as follows "Psions normally experience this change as a profound transformation that can include visions, sudden bursts of knowledge, and a general feeling of awakening and increased awareness over the next day or two."

Call it an awakening instead of eruption if you want, but everyone has them.

Comment

Based on 1e, as far as I can recall, anyway, Nova children of Novas didn't Erupt. They were born with a distributed MR Node, power that came quite naturally to them, and little or no trouble with Taint.

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
      Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
        In this new edition Talents still have a "Moment of Inspiration"
        Originally posted by Trinity Core
        A subtle transformation, so integrated into the life of the Talent that even she does not consciously know what happened, or what she does to access it.
        There is a moment that (noticeably) separates psiad from baseline. That’s the moment that her Psi grows from 1 to 2. I’ve never claimed any different. What I’ve said is that if that person didn’t have the right stuff to become a psiad, that moment would simply change her from baseline to latent. Psiads don’t come from latents because when their psi has developed enough to flow, it flows. Latents don’t become psiads because their psi can’t flow. They need someone to construct a channel for it to flow.

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
        Call it an awakening instead of eruption if you want, but everyone has them.
        Possibly. But maybe not. (As nikink noted with 2nd generation novas.)

Look, all this is irrelevant to whatever home brew psiad rules will work for you anyway. So I’m going to drop this aspect of the conversation.
        Last edited by Bunyip; 02-26-2018, 07:38 AM.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

Amazing! Looks like we made it to psiads. You’ll be seeing them sooner rather than later.

I’m incredibly excited!!!

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

I have to admit I'm kinda hoping we have such a last-few-hours surge that we pile on past even the current stretch goals, but it's great that we're getting psiads already

- Chris Allen, Freelance Writer: Forsaken & Awakening 2nd Edition / The Pack / Dark Eras 1 & 2 / The Contagion Chronicle / Idigam Anthology / Night Horrors: Nameless & Accursed and Shunned by the Moon / Trinity Aeon / Aeon Aexpansion / And more besides...

​Like my work? Feel like helping me stay supplied with tea? Check out my Patreon

Comment

Well we is it, we got Psiads now we have to wait to see what they come up with.

I basically want Psiads to be able to learn all Aptitudes at say 3, proxy tier maybe 5, and above proxy tier 7 or higher. I do not want teleportation or quantickenetics banned, that's not fun.

I so do not want thst paired aptitude thing from Aberrant. Psiads should not be so grouped, they should be free to learn as they wish.

I think cost in exp could be higher, to represent difficulty in such spread out power gain.

One of the things I liked and will add is that Psiads are immune to Doyen psychic possession unless they have been directed manipulated like the proxies were.

The thing is that they have the potential to be more powerful but it's harder and takes longer and that's the balancing factor. That and super rarity, they are very very uncommon, maybe a few hundred in the world.

Comment

Working...
              X