Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Æon Abberants still comparable to Novas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems like a good a place as any to ask, a question I had even about 1e.
    After the Chinese ultimatum when all the Nova's left earth, did they supposedly just stop erupting? I would think there would still be new eruptions under the same circumstances, as there were before, what made them just 'go away' like that?

Comment

Have you heard the term "runaway greenhouse effect?" The idea is that, as the climate gets warmer, the warming oceans and melting ice caps etc. cause more CO2 to end up in the atmosphere, which causes more warming, which causes more CO2 to be released, etc. Having too much of a thing past a certain "tipping point" causes more of that thing to happen.

During the Nova Age, there's a lot of Quantum energies blanketing the Earth. A lot. Eruptions keep happening because there's still a lot of ambient Quantum.

After the Chinese Ultimatum, almost all of that Quantum is suddenly gone. There's no more tipping point. People may or may not erupt again in the future, but (outside of QFZs) it's at normal rates, and not the rates we got during the Nova Age.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Apropos of nothing, but do we know what the last phases of the OP Kickstarters usually look like? Do they close really strong? While I for sure want the Weapons stretch goal, I'm beyond excited for the Nihonjin Superiors. I pitched another bit in to that end but I'm curious if it's money well spent based on previous campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Anne Country View Post
          Apropos of nothing, but do we know what the last phases of the OP Kickstarters usually look like? Do they close really strong? While I for sure want the Weapons stretch goal, I'm beyond excited for the Nihonjin Superiors. I pitched another bit in to that end but I'm curious if it's money well spent based on previous campaigns.
          They close fairly strong; Superiors are certainly in expected range.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I'm still hoping that Psiads will be achieved. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I have hope.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
              I'm still hoping that Psiads will be achieved. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I have hope.
              You and me both, on both counts.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it. WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
                It'll be there before dawn.

Comment

Barring major pull outs, it's done

It's all gravy from here

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Lionmanguy View Post
                    This seems like a good a place as any to ask, a question I had even about 1e.
                    After the Chinese ultimatum when all the Nova's left earth, did they supposedly just stop erupting? I would think there would still be new eruptions under the same circumstances, as there were before, what made them just 'go away' like that?

In addition to the point Ian already made about the amount of Quantum bathing the earth when the Novas were active there resulting in tons more eruptions - also remember that Quantum and Psi inherently counter each other. So Nova eruptions would have plummeted immediately after the existent Novas left, but after Psions rise and Psi-Tech arrives, Eruptions would have gone from rare to virtually unheard of as the planet is bathed in Psi energy.

("virtually" being the most important word in that last sentence)

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                    X