Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Æon Abberants still comparable to Novas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
    Have you heard the term "runaway greenhouse effect?" The idea is that, as the climate gets warmer, the warming oceans and melting ice caps etc. cause more CO2 to end up in the atmosphere, which causes more warming, which causes more CO2 to be released, etc. Having too much of a thing past a certain "tipping point" causes more of that thing to happen.

During the Nova Age, there's a lot of Quantum energies blanketing the Earth. A lot. Eruptions keep happening because there's still a lot of ambient Quantum.

After the Chinese Ultimatum, almost all of that Quantum is suddenly gone. There's no more tipping point. People may or may not erupt again in the future, but (outside of QFZs) it's at normal rates, and not the rates we got during the Nova Age.
    So does this mean Eden is overrun with new Novas?

Comment

Originally posted by tytalan View Post
      Eden’s Novas are weaker because they don’t push their powers and take the slow power climb that’s also why they have little or no taint. They’s also a short of stop in novas power levels if they are not willing to accept taint it’s not a hard stop but only a few individuals get around it with out taint. The lack of taint is important for the Eden Novases because they believe that taint turns Novases into the monsters that the Aberrants have become
      Obviously haven’t seen 2e Aberrant yet, but if Terragen Chrysalis is still a thing, it’s possible that in the long run going all the way to Tier 4 Eximorph is actually Taint/shedding-humanity based, and not something that the Edenites, retaining their humanity, are capable of.

Not that Tier 3 (the base tier for Novas, the tier Psymorphs achieve as Proxies, and that Maxwell Mercer stands alone on as a Paramorph) is anything to sneeze at!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by 2ptTakrill View Post

So does this mean Eden is overrun with new Novas?
        It would mean in theory they have a rate of eruption in their human population comparable to the height of the Nova Age on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

It would mean in theory they have a rate of eruption in their human population comparable to the height of the Nova Age on Earth.
          Could it be higher since they took the Nova population of a 7 billion person planet and condensed it to a few million human starting pop?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Could it be higher since they took the Nova population of a 7 billion person planet and condensed it to a few million human starting pop?
            Certainly could be, but I’m operating under the assumption there’s a ceiling. Only a certain percentage of the population is going to be CAPABLE of erupting.

Comment

Interesting. I didn’t consider it could be the ceiling but that could work. Perhaps if you dip beyond that then taint is inevitable.

Still would like them to consider handling the Nova fertility issues, I want my Inhuman Attilan or Eternals of Titan!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

... Where did you get this?

Eden's got a human population of around 1.2 million, and there are about 60 novas altogether. While that's a higher proportion of novas to baselines than during the Nova Age, that's not anywhere near the entire nova population of Earth.

I don't see the eruption rate being terribly high. During the Nova Age, Earth itself was blanketed with Quantum energies. Eden has a normal expected background rate of Flux energies.There are a bunch of novas in one place, which raises the Flux levels higher for the population centres, but it's not on par with what Earth had.

Ian A. A. Watson
                Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Not an expert on this setting thanks for the clarity!

Comment

Working...
                  X