The Trinity Multiverse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trinity Multiverse

Given that 'create universe' and cross-universe travel are a thing in Aberrant, and presumably also in Trinity (taint maddened though such universes may be), has anyone played any game of universe invasion, or multi-verse crisis?

If a powerful enough Nova creates a universe, and that universe contains novas capable of creating universes, then some eventual multi-dimensional conflict seems inevitable.

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

I am not sure if anyone actually used Create Universe in a game vs "this mechanic exists"

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
      I am not sure if anyone actually used Create Universe in a game vs "this mechanic exists"

Right. Well... it's going to be a core premise of a game I'm starting next week, so I'll keep you posted.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post

Right. Well... it's going to be a core premise of a game I'm starting next week, so I'll keep you posted.

On a player scale or as a background point?

Comment

I am planning some timeline travel between divergent histories

Timeline Alpha: core timeline through Adventure!, Trinity Core, Aberrant, Anima, and Aeon

Timeline Beta: core timeline until N-Day does not occur and Trinity Core action setting hones to the real world (includes comparatively harder scifi Expanse-style future with Talents, but no Novas or Promethean Chambers)

Timeline Gamma: same as Alpha through Aberrant, but then the Aberrant War culminates in full burn - Mad Max/Fallout style setting ensues

Timeline Delta: Inspiration Age (Adventure!) never ends and heroes and villains divert course of history leading to pulp space exploration by competing democratic, communist, and fascist powers by mid-20th Century, discovering a Burroughs-style Planetary Romance solar system

Timeline Epsilon: Mal uses the Trinity test to set off the Nova Age in '45, Silver Age style setting by the 60s, Mal-Victorious Nova god kings ruling over human civilizations in their image in a 21st Century setting

Timeline Zeta: War of the Worlds invasion in the 1890s, humanity rebuilding with the alien tech in the Edwardian Era create Promethean Chambers 200 years early

Timeline Omega: Psions fail to rise against Colony's invasion; Aberrants destroy humanity

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

On a player scale or as a background point?

Background

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              I am planning some timeline travel between divergent histories

Timeline Alpha: core timeline through Adventure!, Trinity Core, Aberrant, Anima, and Aeon

Timeline Beta: core timeline until N-Day does not occur and Trinity Core action setting hones to the real world (includes comparatively harder scifi Expanse-style future with Talents, but no Novas or Promethean Chambers)

Timeline Gamma: same as Alpha through Aberrant, but then the Aberrant War culminates in full burn - Mad Max/Fallout style setting ensues

Timeline Delta: Inspiration Age (Adventure!) never ends and heroes and villains divert course of history leading to pulp space exploration by competing democratic, communist, and fascist powers by mid-20th Century, discovering a Burroughs-style Planetary Romance solar system

Timeline Epsilon: Mal uses the Trinity test to set off the Nova Age in '45, Silver Age style setting by the 60s, Mal-Victorious Nova god kings ruling over human civilizations in their image in a 21st Century setting

Timeline Zeta: War of the Worlds invasion in the 1890s, humanity rebuilding with the alien tech in the Edwardian Era create Promethean Chambers 200 years early

Timeline Omega: Psions fail to rise against Colony's invasion; Aberrants destroy humanity
              Another timeline might involve a wiser Divis Mal who also finds a true love earlier in his life. He might procede in a more careful way and avoid some of his mistakes. Humanity moves out to the stars in the 21st century without the brutal violence. Then they meet the Doyne, who fear and loathe anyone with quantum powers.

A war between humanity and agressive aliens.

Comment

I'm running a game based on Baudrillard's concept of media representation creating reality. At the heart of the story is a taint ridden NPC whose power is a tweaked power boost that draws in social media trends and provides a boost to Quantum when used to enact something related to the trend from which the power is drawn. This peaks at the creation of universe that manifests the trend as a core principle of reality.

It's going to be weird.

Comment

I just had the idea of a post apocalyptic setting due to the Aberrant War war beimg even worse. The Aeon Foundation survived in its bunker fortress and was able to use its splitting edge engineers and scientists to 'build' Prometheus Chambers, create Psions, and form the Psi Orders. Of the later though foundations might be different they can be adapted to have the same themes and purposes. Part of the work is to fight aberrants and sub-aberrants, cleanse corruption zones, and rebuild civilization.

Comment

Parallel universes is one of the ideas I want to try when I first get to run a Trinity Game. I would love to scheme up some machinations involving puppetmasters pulling the strings of Two Earths, or introducing an Empire that instead of spanning the galaxy instead works to conquer parallel worlds. Or a secret society, maybe an alternate Aeon Society, that spans multiple Earths
                    that agree to steer their worlds in wildly different paths so that the knowledge they reap is more diverse and less redundant when shared.
                    Full of Ideas

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                      Parallel universes is one of the ideas I want to try when I first get to run a Trinity Game. I would love to scheme up some machinations involving puppetmasters pulling the strings of Two Earths, or introducing an Empire that instead of spanning the galaxy instead works to conquer parallel worlds. Or a secret society, maybe an alternate Aeon Society, that spans multiple Earths
                      that agree to steer their worlds in wildly different paths so that the knowledge they reap is more diverse and less redundant when shared.
                      Full of Ideas
                      I love a multiverse-spanning Aeon. I wonder if there's an "Earth Prime" in this and they're directing the alternate worlds. Like there's exactly only one Maxwell Mercer and he flits between them all. I kinda dig a version of this that one of the Aeons went amuck (maybe Michael Donighal takes the reins) and is creating a pan-reality empire with their learned dictatorship and master of arcane energies (flux, quantum, psi) at the top.

Comment

I just thought about something. So in the Chinese Ultimatum the Novas were allowed to depart for Luna, though they left the sole system entirely.

Well imagine if they choose that option. If Divis Mal and the others went there rather then fully depart. You have baseline Earth within earshot of nova moon.

I figure Divis Mal cleans house, removing the super corrupted and sets up a nova government, then gets board and leaves. That way his presence is there as backstory but not to overshadow the eventual PCs.

It would be intriguing because I'm not sure the Doyen could do there shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                          I just thought about something. So in the Chinese Ultimatum the Novas were allowed to depart for Luna, though they left the sole system entirely.

Well imagine if they choose that option. If Divis Mal and the others went there rather then fully depart. You have baseline Earth within earshot of nova moon.

I figure Divis Mal cleans house, removing the super corrupted and sets up a nova government, then gets board and leaves. That way his presence is there as backstory but not to overshadow the eventual PCs.

It would be intriguing because I'm not sure the Doyen could do there shenanigans.
                          I’m pretty sure they would Nuke the moon if they accepted, though some Novas would survive. It seems pretty likely the moon wouldn’t have been safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                            I’m pretty sure they would Nuke the moon if they accepted, though some Novas would survive. It seems pretty likely the moon wouldn’t have been safe.
                            The Chinese Ultimatum actually is "leave Earth, but you can go to the moon if you want." So technically it was allowed.

And since I'm a believer in more hopeful sagas I consider things would work out well eventually.

Comment

Oh I know the offer was space on the moon, but I believe the Novas understood it would not be safe, if they were willing to blow up their own home world to be rid of the Novas, then having all the beings they hate and fear in one small moon would be understood as too tempting a target. Are you really going to trust such people not to blow you up?

Comment

Working...
                              X