No announcement yet.

The Trinity Multiverse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they changing their own world or changing another world's past? How do you explain the characters not changing with the universe, or the fact that if they did change it then they wouldn't be able to go back in time? Why is the world by default doomsdayed?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      Are they changing their own world or changing another world's past? How do you explain the characters not changing with the universe, or the fact that if they did change it then they wouldn't be able to go back in time? Why is the world by default doomsdayed?
      I think they are changing there own worlds past. Basically after a bunch of focused changes the world will change.

The science they ate using eventually let's them add parts of other timelines to tere own history, thus making things different.

The device (noetic or quantum) creates a resonate effect that protects the time travelers and those within a certain range of it as well. They remember the old world and they slot fully into the new one with no issue.

On the last one, game fiat. Unless things get changed then destruction is expected.

I do think that not all time and dimension travel leads to changes to the world's timeline, only certain specific changes do.

Thanks for the comment. I kind of think this is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post

The device (noetic or quantum) creates a resonate effect that protects the time travelers and those within a certain range of it as well. They remember the old world and they slot fully into the new one with no issue.
        I love the idea of the bubble and the explicit understanding that if they ever return to their chronological time (i.e. 2020 or whatever) that it's borderline impossible that anyone they know could have possibly ever been born. BUT maybe things get really, really weird and they return to their own era and there are original versions of themselves there. Perhaps ones without powers or maybe they're villains. Could really be a really fun setting. Especially to introduce Talents into worlds with either Psions, Psiots, Novas or super-tech.

Comment

That's a pretty cool idea that they come back to their time and there are rival versions of them now. Also if the secret that time travel is a thing has been going on I would imagine a lot of people would view them as genocidal madmen since they essentially erased whole generations from existence.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

See in this setting the world is dying, nearly dead, most of humanity lays huddled in one or a few of the surviving domes.

In an attempt to find some way for humanity to go on an Inspired scientist discovered the time travel technology. This method of temporal alteration is the only way for humanity to survive in this setting.

Maybe once they push start on the alterations time travel becomes more restricted then it used to be.

The thing is I do not want to one into this setting with the thought or concept that what there doing is bad. The whole concept is change the past to make a future worth living in.

The idea of going to worlds and finding alternate selves could work, when they go the more world variant routes.

I think the world doesn't flow into a new past until a techno-telluric ritual gets activated. Then in a whoosh existence rearranges around the domes so that a whole different past exists leading to a world much more glorious then it was.

So those who survived the destruction remain, with memories, but now so do billions of others. Billions who died in a vast series of apocalyptic wars.

Comment

Working...
            X