Soft super-science

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft super-science

Right now, the super science rules pretty much just apply to creating or modifying devices, chemicals, and creatures, but I think there's some stuff that implies that super-science isn't just for physical objects. Aeon mentioned the Bodhisattva creating a new mechanism for Chinese society, which seems like it could be a work of super-sociology, and I could definitely see talents developing techniques to do things that just don't work for the non-inspired, like martial arts breathing techniques, or foolproof plans. The last might be more in the realm of gifts or edges, but I was wondering if anyone else had thoughts along these lines.

Hmmm... I think a lot of the “fool proof plan” tropes are already covered by Gifts and Dramatic Editing (I.e. player edits in the backup/reveal necessary for the unforeseen events to have been according to plan the whole time).

Super martial arts tropes are indeed something i’ve been thinking about wondering the degree to which they’d need their own splat and mechanics to cover.

Beyond that, I’m having a hard time thinking of more of the Talent level “super soft science” they aren’t already capable of.

Maybe something like Olivia Pope mastery of public narrative? The Doctor whispering “don’t you think she looks tired” (though a Talent should probably have to say it to more than one person).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I did and ibthink it would be awesome to have rules for such mental nova creations. The idea of there being say a new government or society theory that simply works when followed eben as most baselines can't explain it is great.

But I think such a thing is mostly doable by Novas on a far reach level as the other inspired are mostly at a normal human thought process level.

Comment

Psychohistory (that isn't fraudulent).

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
          There’s a Humanities Gift that roughly does that.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
            It only works as long as there aren't any psychics or deformed empowered types... crap.

Comment

Working...
            X