Aberrant timeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberrant timeline

I have been thinking about Aberrant so much more lately and I can't help but think of how interesting the timeline point is.

Like look all around us now. See the issues, the worries, the protests, the movements and then suddenly out of that super powered beings appear.

It's how it was before but with modern social messaging. Just wow.

Especially considering Novas come from all social, economic, race, gender, sexuality, religious background.

Anyway I just wanted to say thumbs up to you team working on the history section cause yeah, it's going to be a doozy. Probably fun though, I know I personally enjoy making timelines and I figure so does whoever they get for it.
    Last edited by LordHeru; 03-10-2018, 10:17 PM.

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
    super powered bongs appear.
    Unfortunately, this isn't that kind of game.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Damn phone and auto correct. It ruins posts. Makes things I was hoping were positive into cringe worthy comments.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Unfortunately, this isn't that kind of game.

Uuuuuhhh... they produced a whole supplement based of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and have an in game analog of Hunter S Thompson. It most certainly IS that kind of game!

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post
          Uuuuuhhh... they produced a whole supplement based of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and have an in game analog of Hunter S Thompson. It most certainly IS that kind of game!
          He NEEDS to return in 2E.

Comment

Super-powered bongs and their mysterious mind-boggling properties aside, I am giddy with anticipation as to how they'll reflect the sweeping social reforms and or total chaos that would result from such a sudden disruption in power.

Some people really do just wanna watch the world burn

Comment

Has there been any indication of whether the Aberrant 2E is going to update the existing setting, or are they going to have a do- over with Novas emerging sometime in the early 2020s or something?

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

Originally posted by CapitanTypo View Post
                Has there been any indication of whether the Aberrant 2E is going to update the existing setting, or are they going to have a do- over with Novas emerging sometime in the early 2020s or something?
                N Day is in 2018 and game start is 2028.

Comment

I tinkered a few years ago with versions of the Aberrant timeline where N-Day happened in 2001 (Portman was a 9/11 first responder, inspired by the Paragons book for Mutants & Masterminds, which is itself pretty obviously Aberrant influenced) or in 2008 (being triggered by the first activation of the Large Hadron Collider).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Those are both interesting dates to have it start.

The first from a thematic reason, Portman erupting during 9/11 sounds like a perfect starting. It also leads to an interesting change to the workd post that moment.

I also like the second, the idea of a science project like that causing world wide eruptions. It's a planetary version of the Galtea explosion.

Comment

In another thread someone gave us all a statistical breakdown of nova population distribution that (obviously) heavily favored India and China. Do we think they might go with those real-world statistics for verisimilitude, and if so will that have an effect on AEON's placement of Utopia when they finally get around to that?

Come to think of it, are they still using the same iconics? Not having Thetis, Pax, Divis Mal, Mathematician and all the rest would be another big change.

Comment

My headcanon on other regions of the world matching China and India’s Nova populations was that regardless of population size, it turned out gender imbalance negatively effected eruption rates. So China and India still have huge Nova populations, but less per-baseline than the West, and between the two India’s eruption stats were comparatively better than China’s.

Comment

We know that Divis Mal still exists both because they stated he still has arms and more accurately he still kills the Secretary General at the end of the Aberrant War.

As for where they come I hope strict numbers don't get given so it's up to the ST to decide ratio. Though I do admit to liking the 6,000 number at 'present date'.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post
                            Come to think of it, are they still using the same iconics? Not having Thetis, Pax, Divis Mal, Mathematician and all the rest would be another big change.
                            There is the Thetis Initiative in Aeon, so there probably is a Thetis.

Comment

Since we know Mercer is still.. around, Styles has been name dropped, as has Raoul Orzaiz (he was the child whose kidnapping led to Archangel), I'm pretty sure the big names are still floating about, though there exact role may shift to make more comparative room for PCs to be world shaping figures.

Comment

Working...
                              X