Mega-Attributes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega-Attributes

So i heard that they are removing Mega-Attributes from the Aberrant system. So I was wondering if this is a term thing or a full it's gone thing. Additionally does this mean Enhancements are going as well.

Because honestly why I don't mind the pure dot level or term of Mega-Attribute goes I hope Enhancements as buyable powers stay. I loved those things. Still do actually.

Ps. I didn't kickstart the new Scion so I don't have access o the documents that might answer how they did it there with Epic Attributes.

PPS. I hope someday they bring back Atlantis in Scion as I for one loved that. Hehe

To my knowledge, nothing in Aberrant is written in stone yet. Or on paper. Like, development is just begining, if it's even started.

Either way, Core and Æon have nothing about Mega-Atts because those aren't things that Talents or Psions get.

I'm personally hoping they're in and they work to increase your scale.

Comment

Remember that the concept of Scale originated in Mage Chronicler's Guide as part of its superheroes hack: if it doesn't get used in a similar way in Trinity Continuum: Aberrant, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Comment

As for Enhancements:

1. The core Storypath system already has a specific use for the term “Enhancement”; so at the very least, the name is going to have to change.

2. I'm not sure I want Trinity Continuum: Aberrant's equivalent of the original Enhancements to use the Attributes as an organizing principle. I'd rather go with something similar to the new Scion's Callings, mechanically: conceptually, call them something like “Augmentations” and group them into conceptually similar types which sometimes parallel the Attributes and other times don't. For instance, Augmentation categories might be:

• Strength (1e's Mega-Strength Enhancements)
        • Mobility (1e's Mega-Dexterity Enhancements)
        • Fortitude (1e's Mega-Stamina Enhancements)
        • Form (1e's Mega-Appearance Enhancements and the Body Modification Quantum Power)
        • Senses (1e's Mega-Perception Enhancements)
        • Genius (1e's Mega-Intelligence and Mega-Wits Enhancements)
        • Charm (1e's Mega-Charisma and Mega-Manipulation Enhancements)

Comment

TiwazTyrsfist What has me asking is that the writers have mentioned removing both mega attributes and epic attributes. So while the books haven't been written yet, and so things can change, it was somewhat noted.

Dataweaver

I looked up the Mage Chronicles Guide scale rule again. Interesting and a nice way to go. I also like the whole note about there being better ways to sjow power then by giving more dice to roll.

On 1, good point and Augmentation is a good word as well. Gives the right feel too, as Quantum energies augment the human norm.

On 2, I can see how that would work and make sense. Even more it separates desogn space from having to link 1 for 1 with attributes. For example I knew of many people who created a Mega-Willpower category, which in this system would work more easily.

I can definetly see the benefits of doing it thus way. Plus it keeps the individual category powers, which is basically what I wanted.

As a note I wish I could read the Callings of Scion 2. Do you know of any posted for display purposes as I didn't kickstart it .

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
            As a note I wish I could read the Callings of Scion 2. Do you know of any posted for display purposes as I didn't kickstart it .
            While I wont copy and paste them, I can give a summary if you'd like?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
              While I wont copy and paste them, I can give a summary if you'd like?
              Sure, if your willing as that would help mightily.

Thanks.

Comment

Creator: Both in the Progenitor, and Creative aspects
                Guardian: Protectors of People, Places or Things
                Healer: Healers of Body, Mind, and Soul
                Hunter: Pursuer, and Perceptive Stalkers
                Judge: Lawgivers and Punishers of the "Wicked", how ever they chose to define it.
                Leader: Rulers and Inspirational Figures
                Lover: Both Romantic, and Platonic love, the best friends, and lovers
                Liminal: Outsiders, and those that journey
                Sage: Scholars, Teachers, and 1/2 of the Clever
                Trickster: The other 1/2 of the Clever, and those who flout the rules and get away with it
                Warrior: Kind of self explanatory, but just in case: See big thing, kill big thing, survive big things counter attack when hitting it the first time didn't work.

*Obviously the actual descriptions are far less tongue in cheek, and have a lot more depth and flexibility, but these basic descriptions should give you a rudimentary understanding of what types of things fall under their sway.

**Also, you get 1 Calling at Origin, which must come from one of your Divine Parents 3 Callings. When you reach Hero, you choose 2 more Callings, which may be any you desire, regardless of your Parents 3.
                Last edited by TheSarcasticSage; 03-14-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Note that I suggested changing Body Modification from a Quantum Power to the Augmentations; it's a much more natural fit there, though it wouldn't have worked with the Mega-Attributes setup. It also makes it easy to draw parallels between Augmentations and Aberrations: both are kinds of Alterations to the Nova's body and mind, the difference being that Augmentations would be largely beneficial while Aberrations are largely detrimental.

Comment

Oh cool. Thanks for that. (Also your descriptions are fun.)

And each Calling has a set of powers to purchase or gain?

That's actually a really nifty and intriguing system.

I mean I'm pretty sure I'm buying Scion when it comes out, lol. But it's nifty to see things that make me go "ooh shiny, that sounds fun!"

@Dataweaver

I saw the move of body modification and i like that quite a lot. It feels better as an Augmentation than a straight up power.

Comment

Each Calling provides a set of Knacks that let you do things, similar to Ab1e's Enhancements or Ad1e's Knacks.

For Aberrant 2e, I'd be sure to have the Strength Augmentations include one that increases your effective Scale for the purposes of lifting, breaking, and throwing large objects. Similarly with other things in the game that Scale applies to.
                      Last edited by Dataweaver; 03-14-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Oh cool. Thanks for that. (Also your descriptions are fun.)
                        Thank you.

And each Calling has a set of powers to purchase or gain?
                        Each calling has a Rating from 1-5. Origin Characters have 1 Calling at Rating 1. Hero Characters have 4 or 5 points (depending on which part of the preview you are currently reading) distributed between their 3 Callings. With a minimum of 1 in each calling. You get 1 free "Knack" (What the powers are called) from each Calling for every Rating it has. Ratings cannot be purchased, but instead raise naturally thru the increasing of your legend. You may purchase Knacks with XP, but can have no more "active" per Calling then it's Rating. You can switch out which Knacks are active each game session.

That's actually a really nifty and intriguing system.
                        It really is. I like it a lot.

Comment

Not a bad system, not at all. I could totally see them going with something like that, as Novas are quite powerful beings in ways similar scion characters.

That said, if they do go woth it I hope they don't put a limit on active knack-equivalents or prohibit the buying of new levels in the categories.

But the idea of categories having dot ratings themselves while also having there own knack-like makes perfect sense for the set up of Aberrant.

And let's be honest some of the Scion 1e design space came from what Aberrant had done. So it's fair for them to share.

Gah. All this makes me want Aberrant all the more. I did they choose to do it first.

Comment

So how high do Mega Attributes go? Like do Tier three Nova's have God level strength? How does Enhanced mental attributes vary by Tier? What does it look like for 2nd ed?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                              So how high do Mega Attributes go? Like do Tier three Nova's have God level strength? How does Enhanced mental attributes vary by Tier? What does it look like for 2nd ed?
                              It doesn’t look like anything yet, as they’re nowhere near being written.

Writes stuff. Sometimes you like it.
                              WoD | Changing Breeds, Umbra, Book of the Wyrm, Shattered Dreams | CofD | Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd ed, Idigam Anthology, The Pack, Demon Storyteller's Guide, Hurt Locker, Dark Eras Companion, Beast Player's Guide, Deviant: The Renegades, Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon, Mummy: The Curse 2nd ed | The Trinity Continuum Æon, Æon Æxpansion, Aberrant

Comment

Working...
                              X