Practical and potential maxima for attributes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical and potential maxima for attributes

The Bio and Vita Kinetic aptitudes mention these multiple times and reference to the Core. In the Core it's stated they are set by your character Tier, but then there is never a chart of the tiers for anything other than difficulties. then we have the edge superior trait which the potential for a trait to one above your practical limt

Where is this defined?

When this same question was asked over on RPG.net, this was my answer:
    "Core Rules Preview, pg 66 Superior Trait: "Your character has some combination of innate ability and special training that allows him to exceed the Practical limit on one Attribute and raise it above the normal maximum potential." Judging by this, "Practical Maximum" is 5 (6 if Proxy Tier) +1 if you have Superior Trait for that Attribute. "Potential Maximum +1" is 7 (8 if Proxy), superior trait is already factored into the Potential Maximum."

To which John Snead replied: "That's correct"

Comment

I think that a chart would be great to list potential and practical and such attribute ratings.

Honestly the whole Tier trait seems like a better chart system would help. I'm looking at those of say WoD/CoD games as they aid in easy learning the max ratings allowed at various dot ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
        I think that a chart would be great to list potential and practical and such attribute ratings.

Honestly the whole Tier trait seems like a better chart system would help. I'm looking at those of say WoD/CoD games as they aid in easy learning the max ratings allowed at various dot ratings.
        There is no need for a chart when it can be said in 2 sentences... "Practical Maximum is 5 (6 if Proxy Tier) +1 if you have Superior Trait for that Attribute. Potential Maximum +1 is 7 (8 if Proxy), superior trait is already factored into the Potential Maximum."

Comment

Right. But the thing is as of this moment in the file we have, I'm pretty sure its not stated that way. Hence the various questions madw about it.

Comment

There's a reference to a section that's supposed to talk about the Tiers and the benefits they provide. That section does not exist in the current manuscript.

Comment

Working...
            X