Combat question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat question

Hey trying to learn the system and had a quick question. When making an attack in combat, what happens if you buy off the defense difficulty with a success but have no extra successes to buy stunts? Is there anything you can do or do you always need one more success to effect your opponent in some way?

Ties favor the defender. If you must beat the defender to do anything.

Comment

I mean I guess that’s effectively true, but the book describes it as a hit if you spend successes Equal to their defense. Even if we assume you just have to accept no effect without a stunt, how does that work with Momentum?

Comment

RAW it doesn't interact with momentum at all because you succeeded in hitting them, you just didn't damage them, but if you wanted to, I guess you could give momentum for it. I don't thing it would break anything.

Comment

Well after running our first game last night, I did figure out that hitting with just enough successes to cancel their defense can be useful if you have a 0-success stunt such as "Empty the Clip" and the opponent's armor was already factored into its defense as an antagonist.

Comment

Originally posted by Therian View Post
            Well after running our first game last night, I did figure out that hitting with just enough successes to cancel their defense can be useful if you have a 0-success stunt such as "Empty the Clip" and the opponent's armor was already factored into its defense as an antagonist.

I'm still reading through the books. Where is this stunt?

edit: helps if I look in Trinity instead of Scion. D'oh. For posterity, in Scion, this isn't called out as a stunt, and is just an enhancement provided by the automatic tag, but it doesn't automatically make you out of ammo, it just prompts an ammo check, and you explicitly have to apply the enhancement to damage.
            Last edited by MoroseMorgan; 03-16-2018, 01:45 PM.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Working...
            X