Trinity Powers Chart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Powers Chart

I was sitting at my desk thinking about the Trinity Universe and where the various power groups all resided and so I started jotting something down which then led me to paint and making a bit of a 'map'. Mostly out of fun I decided that I wanted to share it here.

PS. Oh, by the way, I have to say its thanks to Bunyip that the location of Latent is where it is and connected how it is, A fact that I have come to really like. hehe

Last edited by LordHeru; 03-22-2018, 10:32 PM.

Wouldn't Latents be below the Mesmerist class heroes?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      Depends on how Mesmerists and Daredevils are approached. Right now Latents are the only Tier 1 Inspired template we can even guess at.

I would love to see this Map though

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

Depends on how Mesmerists and Daredevils are approached. Right now Latents are the only Tier 1 Inspired template we can even guess at.

I would love to see this Map though
        I thought Inspired aren't Latents. They are just potential Psions without any real advantages or powers, but when tested their intuition and such can be off the charts in lab conditions.

Meanwhile Mesmerists and Stalwarts are on the level of Inspired/Daredevils.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Ooh. Hmm. Maybe. Good point. Hehe

The thing is they have the potential to be a Psiad for all that there psychogenetic potential doesn't manifest. So yeah I could see moving them to a row of there own.

But hmm

Comment

I thought Inspired aren't Latents. They are just potential Psions without any real advantages or powers, but when tested their intuition and such can be off the charts in lab conditions.

Meanwhile Mesmerists and Stalwarts are on the level of Inspired/Daredevils.
            I was under the impression Inspried was the general term for non-baselines in Continuum.
            Plus Psions are on the same level as Talents (which are described as Daredevil+)

I still can't see/find this chart.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Oh wait really. The chart is in the post for me. I don't know how else to post it or show it if it hasn't appeared.

Even logged out I see the image in the post.

++

On Inspired. I use it both as a general reference to all special bit also as a specific to Daredevil/Stalwart/Mesmerists.

By the way I didn't realize Talents are Daredevil+, I put them in the same listing as Daredevils.

Just like I put Superiors as Stalwarts.

Comment

I was under the impression Inspried was the general term for non-baselines in Continuum.
                Plus Psions are on the same level as Talents (which are described as Daredevil+)

I still can't see/find this chart.
                Open it in Chrome

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                Oh wait really. The chart is in the post for me. I don't know how else to post it or show it if it hasn't appeared.

Even logged out I see the image in the post.

++

On Inspired. I use it both as a general reference to all special bit also as a specific to Daredevil/Stalwart/Mesmerists.

By the way I didn't realize Talents are Daredevil+, I put them in the same listing as Daredevils.

Just like I put Superiors as Stalwarts.
                It's a BMP. Save it as a JPG, GIF, or PNG and it'll load on more browsers. It'll display in chrome as a BMP, but not in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

It's a BMP. Save it as a JPG, GIF, or PNG and it'll load on more browsers. It'll display in chrome as a BMP, but not in Firefox.
                  I think I did it, but its hard to tell on my end.

Not that its really special or anything but I did want to share it so I hope the vast majority of people can see it.

Comment

Countered with word of god:

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Unless we decide to change what daredevils are, I've been saying for years now that Talents are the modern name for what Adventure! called daredevils. They're the same thing.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Since Daredevils are just an era specific name for Talents, I think the assumption that Mesmerists and Stalwarts need to be distinctly weaker than Psiads and Superiors may be baseless. “Psychic Knacks” can easily be interpreted as era-specific names for the lower levels of the Modes that Psiads are able to buy. And Stalwarts could be balanced with Superiors the same way that Psiads are with Psions (less maximum power for more flexibility).

Hypothesis

Tier 1: Baselines

Tier 2 Paramorphs: Talents

Tier 2 Natural Psychomorph: Psiads (called Mesmerists in the Adventure! Era)

Tier 2 Artificial Psychomorph: Psions

Tier 2 Natural Eximorph: Stalwarts

Tier 2 Artificial Eximorph: Superiors

Tier 3 Paramorph: Max Mercer

Tier 3 Psychomorph: Proxies

Tier 3 Eximorph: Novas

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I honestly think Stalwart and Superior are different names for the same thing, just like Daredevil and Talent are different name for same thing.

Novas and Psiads are the equivalent tier of their particular power source, along with an unknown version of the the paramorph.

Psions are artificially created psiad-like psychomorphs, same category but with a different origin.

Psiads are not Mesmerists, and Mesmerists don't use the Aptitudes. We know this because it's mentioned that when the Hammersmith event went off Michael became a Nova, pushed past stalwart, and the other person (spoiler) pushes past Mesmerists and became a full Psiad.

I figure Stalwarts and Superiors make use of individual powers, like Talents do.

Also I'm pretty sure proxy is not really a unique category of Psiad or Psion as there is no fundamental change just a continued development.

As a note, though Tier as a mechanical element is great I'm not sure if we should apply it to in-setting theory developments.
                        Last edited by LordHeru; 03-23-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I honestly think Stalwart and Superior are different names for the same thing, just like Daredevil and Talent are different name for same thing.

Novas and Psiads are the equivalent tier of their particular power source, along with an unknown version of the the paramorph.

Psions are artificially created psiad-like psychomorphs, same category but with a different origin.

Psiads are not Mesmerists, and Mesmerists don't use the Aptitudes. We know this because it's mentioned that when the Hammersmith event went off Michael became a Nova, pushed past stalwart, and the other person (spoiler) pushes past Mesmerists and became a full Psiad.

I figure Stalwarts and Superiors make use of individual powers, like Talents do.

Also I'm pretty sure proxy is not really a unique category of Psiad or Psion as there is no fundamental change just a continued development.

As a note, though Tier as a mechanical element is great I'm not sure if we should apply it to in-setting theory developments.
                          The problem is if Talents and Stalwarts/Superiors are roughly equal to Psiads and Psions - but you’ve got Mesmerists and weaker versions of Psiads, then how are Mesmerists supposed to be equal to Talents and Stalwarts?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Quoting myself from the Aeon preview spoiler thread:

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Superiors are an artificially-created type of eximorph. The naturally-occurring thing they most closely resemble is Adventure!'s stalwarts, but that's not a 1:1 association, any more than psiads and psions are the same thing.

Ian A. A. Watson
                            Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

I'm not really seeing the issue.

Stalwarts/Superiors, Daredevils/Talents, and Mesmerists are of one category of power. To my mind they are on the shore side of the energy they are aligned with.

Novas, Psiads, Psions, and the mysterious other that Mercer has reached is another category of power. They are in the deep ocean of there power source.

There are the potentials of the second category in the first, areas where they reach up and you see how they can become more. This is seen in what was level three knacks from 1e Adventure. It's also possible for a first category person to become the second category, though thi isn't easy or simple.

A Talent and a Psion are from a player perspective close enough to allow both to play together in ways both have fun. This is great, I love this aspect. But a Psion, using their powers, is more directly powerful then a Talent. And that is fine!

I really don't think Tiers, as a game mechanic, should be used as a statenent of where a group belongs in an in-setting way.

Comment

Working...
                              X