Era After Aeon: Space the Final Frontier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Era After Aeon: Space the Final Frontier

So this will discuss the SPOILERS of the TRINITY CONTINUUM so be forewarned.

So with Anima lining up with Total Recall and that one Capcom Game about the future I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on the next Trinity Era? It is assumed they could finish up the shenanigans with the Aberrant Invasion, and the Coalition Ships just in time to defeat the Doyen and estabilish a Federation with the newly freed Aliens whose destinies, just like humanities, was tampered with by more "evolved" species. So 2160's fits in with the time of both Star Trek's Federation being born and Mass Effect's Mass Relays, technology isn't radically different from Aeon's era but due to the advances developed with multiple space wars, and the joining together with the two Doyen Pawn species, and the Coalition's 3k or so refugee exslaves I imagine the Research in this Era will be unlike any other even if they didn't explore the spaceways, which they totally will.

Or if you go to the 2260's you go into the Kirk Era of Star Trek. Ooor if you go into the 2360's you go into the Next Generation Picard Era!

What are the thoughts on this? I can see this Era Timeline being 100-200 years compared to what the Aberrant's Nova era being 40-60 years, which would be similar to the Psion's Aeon Era also lasting about 50 years.

The Changes? Well now you have a wider array of player character types, so Talents, Psions, probably Psiads now that Humanity free's themselves from the chains of the Doyen's Prometheus chambers, Psi Using Aliens, other Aliens, and possibly a handful of Eden Aberrants, lost Earther Colonies, and maybe even AI, Superiors, and other stranger beings.

What are the thoughts of the technology development in this era? And how quickly do you think they will start expanding humanity past Earth? Solar colonies were just getting off the ground in Aeon, by this next Era advances may happen to more fully populate the Solar System and develop descent methods to kickstart other beyond Sol Colonies. I would guess at least one of the new enemies in this Era would be an AI race, Doyen remainents, and beings from Beyond.

Will something like an Omni-Tool/Triquarter be established early? How long will it take to refine Teleportation to be usable beyond Jumpships? Hard Light Constructs for Holodeck Goodness? Materialization tech to fabricate a cup of Earl Grey from a bank of simple matter?

What are you expecting, and What do you want for this new Era? I'm excited, even If I have to wait maybe real time before we get info on it. :P

It is a time for great deeds!

I've mentioned elsewhere that I'd like to see an “AI” alien that's actually the result of a catastrophe similar to the one narrowly averted during the Anima era: they weren't always AI; but invasive mental hardtech turned them into a digital hive-mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      I've mentioned elsewhere that I'd like to see an “AI” alien that's actually the result of a catastrophe similar to the one narrowly averted during the Anima era: they weren't always AI; but invasive mental hardtech turned them into a digital hive-mind.

Oh that is interesting! So do you mean like they went to deep and the Hivemind became the dominant culture of the species, and then they got to the point where they didn't need biology to replicate physical bodies so any time they needed to interact outside the hivemind they constructed bodies?

Comment

Basically, yeah. They're a post-human(whatever they originally were) “species” that is now entirely artificial.

Comment

I thought Ian had mentioned they were not looking at 100-200 or so years ahead for the 'future' setting. Instead, he was considering closer to 500 or 1,000 years/something much further out? Personally, I'd like to see what happens with Psions and whatever the Orders / Aeon become in 100 years or so. At that time we're talking fairly advanced galactic exploration, probably a whole host of strange new aliens - basically, I guess, Aeon Mass Effect.

Ad Astra

Comment

Originally posted by CHILL View Post
            I thought Ian had mentioned they were not looking at 100-200 or so years ahead for the 'future' setting. Instead, he was considering closer to 500 or 1,000 years/something much further out? Personally, I'd like to see what happens with Psions and whatever the Orders / Aeon become in 100 years or so. At that time we're talking fairly advanced galactic exploration, probably a whole host of strange new aliens - basically, I guess, Aeon Mass Effect.
            Wow minimum of 500 years, well that puts it into Firefly time range. Meaning Humanity has multiple viable Colonies, and have a history and culture in this new federation. It also comfortably puts the tech to godlike levels. Maybe they finally also cracked Intergalactic Travel.

That also seems to indicate you can just add on to the Aeon rules to reflect the improvements in tech.

Cool a Trinity 3,000 could have a more Star Warsy meets Star Treky feel with long established worlds and a divergent non unified humanity. And I want to fight space Gods! Giant Space Gods!

Comment

With all the threats the Earth faces it eventually unites into the Stellar Federation. It is this united world wide government which takes what had started in colonization and begins expanding more wider. Jump gates between systems and multiple classes of Levithan ships.

One thing I would want is to get rid of the Prometheus Chamber and instead of human psychics being Psiads!

That all said the nature of teleport and such means it's relative easy for colonies to be established without full earth resources.

So you could have this.

Humanity wins rg e war but at a price, Earth turns inward as people blame the universe for there woes.

To get away from the anti everyone who is not oneself or a believer the Aeon Trinity builds more Levithan ships and well leaves Earth behind. (Of course Aeon wasnts people to think they all left, but really they all didn't)

Still a humanity on a dozen Levithan hwaf into the great unknown to create a new world, a new society.

Comment

Speaking purely personally, I'd love a post Æon timeline game that is purely Post-Human.
                There are NO baseline humans.
                Humanity has split into three child races, Nova, Psiad, and Talent
                All characters START at Tier 3 (or possibly 4), including seeing what a Tier 3/4 Talent IS.

There aren't Starships, because nobody needs them.
                We occupy 10,000 star systems, but perhaps only 5000 planets, because so many of them have attained a state where they can live free in space.
                The associated descendants of humanity are a Kardashev 2 verging on 3.

And now start trying to imagine what the threats in this game would look like...

Comment

With a setting after the year 3000AD you could pick your style pretty freely. Bold crews of explorers (Star Trek), wandering adventurers (Doctor Who), wandering fools (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), super agents (Dirty Pair), and that's not exhaustive. So I like the idea.

Traveller, which this will be compared to, sticks to a very 1950s take on a galactic future. This could draw on New Space Opera and other wild imagery. It could be wildly distinctive. Star Wars never really was anything but a fairy tale with space samurai. This could be so much more.

Comment

How about a setting where in the recent past something occurred that united Novas and Psiads together with super-Talents and created a star spanning civilization where all three groups have there place.

Basically I want Novas in space to be a big thing as i prefer them to psions. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                      How about a setting where in the recent past something occurred that united Novas and Psiads together with super-Talents and created a star spanning civilization where all three groups have there place.

Basically I want Novas in space to be a big thing as i prefer them to psions. But that's just me.
                      I prefer the Novas too. I prefer humanity to be controllable only by ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post

Well that could be the Doyen war.

Comment

I wonder what about Nova's building a Full on Dyson Sphere... that would be crazy for Humanity, even a partial one like Tony Stark did with Sol's Hammer. Or perhaps it would be better for a rogue Nova Faction like Divis Mal Creating a Dyson Sphere, and thus single handedly making his faction mightier then all of Humanity and their Allies.

Comment

The idea of finding a Dyson Sphere sounds really cool. Either an alien built one or a human jobs built one.

The idea of say a humasn nova age colony on a Dyson Sphere full of preserves of alien animal and plant species plus some ruins sounds so very fun.

If course as this is the future thread then yeah a bunch of Novas creating a Dyson Sphere is brilliant.

Maybe the idea could be the Doyen War led to a disruption of life in the universe. To provide living space the Novas of Eden and the Psions of the Orders can together to build a Dyson Sphere in a nearby or near the galactic core solar system.

From this central spot greater humanity seems out to rebuild the now lifeless galaxy.

Also yep, Doyen War would be perfect to let the two gatherings to one together.

Also I think the reason that Psions are alien made is why i dint fully wipport them. I think about the game and psychic abilitirs and always want to be a Psiad, always.

Because Psions are alien made and that annoys me.

Comment

Psions being alien made is supposed to be annoying, its not a bug its a feature! That has me wondering if they will control the breeding of the Psions as they know they were a weaponized control group for human genetics. So they may try to limit Psion breeding so they can provoke a greater number of Psiads rather then have an alien slavemaster legacy control human evolutions.

But some question about Aeon times. They have at least one space elevator right? I know they've had access to Fusion for a while now. Hence why Arcology is very viable. It seems if they had access to Cold Fusion then America could have developed a massive Greenhouse project with both underground layered farming, and double layered greenhouses. But I guess they didn't and that is already part of the history.

But they did develop a space elevator right? When was it developed? And how many colonies do they have beyond Earth? How many people are on the Moon? Olympus is the lunar city right? Mars I think I remember had like 5 thousand people by the time of Aeon. Do they have space colonies, like in Gundam Wing. just floating in space? Or do they have plans for them?

Because after Aeon their could be an insane population boom.

How many Extrasolar colonies does the Aeon Earth have contact with? Did they loose contact with all of them, I remember they received contact again but the Teleporters were attacked and they lost contact. So is Eden then the only extra Solar Colony that remains functioning and in contact with Earth? They are independent of Earth though. What is the population of Eden?

What if Earth Discovered Planets seeded with humanity and eventually discover enough planets with humans upon them that they collectively have more humans then Earth? How would humans interact with such planets if these humans are ignorant of Earth and don't even have extra Solar space flight. So one planet in the industrial Age and say a couple others in more ancient levels of technology like stone age and pre-industrial civilizations. Do you think the burgeoning Federation would develop a non interference policy for first contact? I think it would be more fun if that was a topic of heated debate so people can interact with the native, after all they may be the result of Novas or even more ancient powers, like Aliens, taking Earther populations to populate these garden worlds. Say maybe Roanoke were abducted because they were viewed as a hearty colony already so Aliens nabbed them, and nearby natives to colonize a planet, along with some other random kidnap victims.

Comment

Working...
                              X